Had originally booked the Amanruya but they weren't ready, so came here instead. Had a super relaxing stay at Casa Dell'arte, was here for four wonderful days. Except for the Voyage hotel down the bay with hundreds of sunbeds packed together like sardines, the rest of Torba, and especially the Eastern end closer by the ruins of a monastery where Casa dell'arte is situated, is peaceful and laidback.
A short 30 min ride from the Bodrum airport, I arrived in Torba, was upgraded to the scorpio suite (in the Residence) a spacious two story apartment with a gigantic bed, shared balcony, proper living room, and etc. I had plenty of space to practice my yoga, whether upstairs or downstairs. It was also incredibly quiet being end of the season, I only saw two other couples at the hotel.
I had two lunches at the restaurant next door called Gonca Balik, excellent starters, fish and coma inducing wine right on the jetty over the clear water where you could entertain yourself by feeding bread to the schools of fish.
The hotel's restaurant also good, more upscale (ie they debone your fish) and managed by a lovely food and beverages manager that looked like a mermaid from the sea. The seafood was consistently good (their grilled octopus with garlic oil was excellent), I didn't enjoy the grilled chicken (dry and tasteless) but overall these two restaurants were better vs the places I tried during my daytrip to historic Ephesus and Bodrum. Also breakfast was very good.
Speaking of Bodrum, if Torba, and staring at the unspoilt emerald waters becomes too sedative, Bodrum with its mega cruiseships is only a 15 min bus/minivan ride away with the bus stop in front of the hotel. Just remember to take no. 1 bus back to Torba (I took no. 2 by mistake).
I loved the artwork around the hotel/ private residence, even one of the aircons in the room was also covered up by a frame! Also liked how the housekeeping staff were generous with the l'occitane toiletries, I hate it when hotels give you one pathetic little bottle of shampoo a day.
If I have to be picky, would just say that
1) Mosquitoes were a minor issue, with one in my room the first night and I also got bitten through the dinners, but there were no flies.
2) no flowers would be better vs the fake flower decorations in the room
3) friendly but sleepy service: this is where I've been spoilt in Asia, ie am used to lounging with a constant refill of water, free fruit snacks etc
4) water is perfectly clean but not much of a "beach" in this part of the world. Was perfectly happy with the overwater sundecks though.
... in sum, loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as 100 Best Summer Holidays by Times Magazine, “Winner Best Small Hotel” by Travel+Leisure, and “The Best New Boutique Hotel of Europe” by the British The Guardian.”,Casa Dell’Arte Hotel offers its guests not only a vacation, but a unique experience combining enjoyment, relaxation, dining, wining, yachting and social activities, all embraced with the magical touch of art… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Casa Dell'Arte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dell`Arte Hotel Torba
- Casa Dell Arte Torba