“Average”
Review of Kervansaray Resort

Kervansaray Resort
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights.Hotel has a wonderful view.They welcomed us really kindly at reception.Our room was large and really comfortable.The food wasnt tasty we didnt enjoy it.And the worst part was the ending.They didnt bring our car in front of hotel.They didnt carry our baggage.We carried our baggage to a golf car and the bellboy took us in front of the hotel and said good bye.And our car was outside of the hotel an we walked with our bags! As a family that visited too many resorts it was the first time something like this happened!!! It was really rude! Other than that it is an average hotel.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank zelenz
Kervansaray H, Guest Relations Director at Kervansaray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear our valued guest,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for choosing Kervansaray even if you spent just a little time in our resort, and share your impressions with us.

We are not only pleased to read your contentment with our welcoming service and room comfort, but also sorry to see your dissatisfaction with the bagage service at check out. We'd like to apologize for the mentioned service you could not take from the hotel.

If you give us a second chance and choose our hotel again for just a little bit longer period , we assure you a memorable holiday.

With the wishes of welcoming you again and sooner in our hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has too many open escalators and glass lifts to make you feel sick the slides are unsafe because one of the lifeguards was never paying attention and one of the kids got hit in the back. There is a bridge with a veiw of the beach that's 3ft tall open with a 50ft drop which is a child hazard. The food was nice especially the kebabs. The room was poor itself but the cleaner was brill we gave her a tip. Kids entertainment was the worst I've ever seen were too busy showing off in front of the women. The beaches pier was great to sunbath on but other than that a really poor holiday would never return to this place!!!

Stayed: July 2013
Kervansaray H, Guest Relations Director at Kervansaray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear our valued guest,

Firstly, we'd like to thank you for choosing Kervansaray and for sharing your impressions with us.

We're very sorry for not meeting totally your holiday expectations, and would like to momentously underline the fact that our hotel is inspected many times by tour operators and ministeries.At the end of all these health and safety checks we have lots of certificates of conformity.

Hopefully, we can welcome you again and assure you a better holiday.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We booked here through First Choice and visited in June 2013, I have been meaning to write this review for a while now!! We arrived in the hotel rather late about 12am, first impressions were the resort seemed so large! First impressions weren't so great, as there was one man on reception who seemed to take forever serving everyone, and also took his time with us - we had to fill in some paperwork and we were waiting around until one of the other staff finally got a golf buggy to take us to our room!! it was much too late for us to be waiting around for this long, we were tired after a long flight and just wanted to get some sleep! Despite this the man who took us to the room, was very helpful, carrying in our cases and welcoming us to the hotel and to enjoy our stay. The reception staff were not like this at all, if anything they were rude and abrupt.
The room was lovely, we had a ground floor apartment, it was decorated and furnished well and was also spotlessly clean!! The cleaners came around every day and replenished towels and there was also complimentary tea and coffee and also water bottles and other juice refreshments provided in the fridge. However, this was not replenished every day as stated, so we did have to ring on a couple of occasions but they were quick enough to sort your problems out. I have to say one thing i was impressed with, is in our whole 2 week stay there was only ever one bug in the room!! Which shown the cleaners did their job well.
I really worried about the food with me being a fussy eater, but each morning, noon and night there was something for everyone and had an excellent variety. Everything I tried was great, and never once had a bad meal! They also had cooking stations outside with different things on offer to suit the theme nignts. I was more than impressed. However, there was a snack bar that offered pizzas, toasties, burgers etc and we only actually found this on one of our last days so couldn't experience it as much as we would have liked. I do not recomend the beach snack bar (if you ever find it) a great idea, as you don't have to trek back up to the buffet resteraunt for dinner if you were spending the day on the jetty! But not much choice, and the food wasn't up to much.
The pool and availability of sunbeds were great, we would go down about half 9 and there would only be about 10 other sunbeds taken!! The Jetty area got a little bit busier, but we did manage to get a bed the day we decided to go down there! Although plenty like to go topless on that bit!! Just a warning. The pool was cold, but bearable and nice to escape from the hot sun! We didnt really use the other pool with slides, as that seemed busy with kids. I was well impressed with the jetty though - a great idea as an alternative to a sandy beach, all the benefits of the sea water, and constant sunshine but without the hassle of sand getting everywhere!! And also there is water sports on offer through a kiosk round the jetty.
Another thing which me nnd my partner enjoyed was the entertainment. This was mainly due to the excellent team, whom worked long hours but were always involving you! e didn't experience the childs entertainment, but if it is anything like the adults its fab. Anything from water aerobics to the daily 'crazy pool game' in the day and always a gret show of the nights some of which they get the audience to participate in so be warned!!!
The grounds of the hotel were great, quite steep in some areas though with lots of hills and steps but great for some exercise! But wouldnt recommend for those with young toddlers. Also it is so hard to see all of the hotel grounds as its that big! But some areas they had dumped a lot of the old furniture so don't venture around too much.
Also I have to warn you about the drinks in the lobby bar, definitely 80% spirits to 20% mixer - they were unbelievably strong. They do have some great brands for free, but be careful how much they put in! I was drunk off 3 of them!
We had a turkish massage too in the spa area, they offered us a good deal yet it wasn't the best I have had. The turkish bath room is fab and the women were great at doing it, but spoke in their language to eachother all the wy through so wasnt very relaxing sme with the nail parlour/hairdressers. To be honest I think the spa area needs revamping a bit, it was a bit outdated! And they seat you in the indoor pool area to relax which isnt great when loads of teenagers are around there. Also the shop is well overpriced, but there is no supermarkets close by so is your only option for any snacks!
We also went into Bodrum on the mini bus, which is easy enough, picks you up every 20 mins outside the hotel and drops you straight into the town right by the market - it is only cheap to get the mini bus too. The mrket you can haggle them, but be aware as some are very pushy!!
We ate also in the italian resteraunt as you get one booking in one of the resteraunts, which you organise with reception, service and meals were great - a nice change, but avoid sitting by the bushes were the bees are!! Also make sure to ask for the english menu.

Overall, great stay and would return just mainly for the staff, rooms and food quality. It was rather relaxing when we were there but can imagine it to get busy in the kids holidays. Beautiful setting though, with great sunsets and sea views!! And if your a party animal they also have trips to a nightclub were you can go on a bus with the entertainment tem at 11pm and come back at 3am. Something for everyone! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: We were by the ampithaeatre, it was only noisy until around 11pm at night. Yet would prefer a room o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SophieV1993

Dear Sophie,

Firstly, many thanks for choosing Kervansaray and for sharing your very constructive review.
We're happy for meeting your holiday expectations in general and please be sure that we'll take all your evaluations in consideration.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hi Everyone :)

I'm returning back to Kervansaray for the second time! And I must admit I cannot wait!
This will be my sisters 3rd year with her family. A holiday is definitely what you make it.
Rooms are spacious and well kept. The resort itself is massive, we kept finding places/areas within the resort a few days into our holiday. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I loved the wifi in the evenings at the reception area. I would recommend Bungalow stay purely because I have stayed in them. The Bungalows can go 3 stories high and yes you do get a balcony in them. The photos on here help so much! I'm currently in work other wise I'd upload my own!
Kervansaray Torba is out the way, at least 10/15 mins from Gumbert (where the main strip is) transport can be arranged. Its a short distance from the airport which lets be honest is always a bonus! I'm not a fussy eater so I personally can't complain about the food! If you were looking for a lovely meal outside the hotel, I would recommend Anolivia's (great steak, peppercorn sauce and mash) and The Red Dragon (previously Hong Kong- brilliant Chinese, Beef Curry and Sweet n Sour)
There is a jetty!! No sand beach! But I don't like the beach so that doesn't bother me, but for those who has that query.
I can't think of anything else, but would encourage anyone if you have any questions and are thinking of going or who is going, then please don't hesitate to ask :)
I am 26 years old, and I go with a large family and friend group ( minimum 8 / max 14)
Thanks
Zoe

I went May last year and going June this year!!

Room Tip: Bungalows - only because I have stayed in them. Its having your own wee home abroad. Come and go as...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoe H

Dear Zoe,

Firstly, we'd like to present our thanks for choosing for the second time us again and for your very constructive and detailed review. We think it will be very informative for oue potential guests. That's really very kind of you.

We're glad that you spent a nice holiday in Kervansaray and that we managed to meet your holiday expectations.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had such a lovely holiday here, the staff can't do enough for you. Beautiful sea views, gardens on several levels and a lift down to the beach level... no need to strain yourself using the steps!!
The food was delicious, every night the chefs were busy cooking specials ouside the restaurant, as well as a good mix of turkish and european foods. They take cleanliness very seriously in the restaurant - it was immacualte! Great entertainment during the day, but not so much going on in the evening but we did go early season. Bedrooms and bathrooms are large and spotless, with beautiful views from most rooms. We often went into Bodrum at night, for a little outing or a bit of shopping. Just wait outside the hotel by the main gate and the mini bus (dolmus) will be along in a few minutes. Its only a pound or so to go to Bodrum bus station, and from there just walk down the main drag to the harbour. Loads of shops bars and restaurants and the folk are so friendly. I would go again tomorrow if I could!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tracey,

Thank you very much for choosing Kervansaray again and for your lovely comments.

We're glad to provide your overall satisfaction.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here in July of 2013, went with my boyfriend and we had a lovely time! the room was amazing it was perfect, it was huge and the room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and so forth was perfect! the food my boyfriend enjoyed however i found it a bit repetitive but what we had was lovely! the entertainment staff were a mixture there were some lovely ones but some were quite rude this was the only bad part about the holiday to be honest. we made great friends on this holiday that we are still in contact with, we really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely return! the buses stop right outside the hotel meaning you can go and explore. i would recommend doing the market excursion with Thomson alone as you had much more freedom and the bus journey was pleasant.

Room Tip: we went for a double room with sea view and were pleasantly surprised when we got there to have a do...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelseaphelps
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A reasonably good hotel. However, not a hotel for people with mobility problems. Indeed, there are many steps to do eg: if you want us to go to the sea "can not take the elevator at night anymore. If you take a room in the hotel itself and not in the bungalows, you will not have to do steps but use the elevators. For the evening meal is enough choice, can sometimes be cold, but still edible. Breakfast is a choice, but sometimes I miss fresh juice for the stars of the hotel.
Entertainment is provided during the day, but at night there is little.

Overall I give ratings for this hotel: 7/10

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NikD0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#4 of 53 in Turgutreis
Janna Bodrum
Janna Bodrum
#1 of 24 in Torba

Been to Kervansaray Resort? Share your experiences!