“Best holiday I've had!”

Mio Bianco Resort
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
“Best holiday I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I couldn't have asked for a better holiday this reason being is being is because of the entertainment team were amazing, by the end of the holiday I didn't want to go home! They made me feel so welcome & homely they even help us come shopping on there day off.. It was really nice to see a married couple take so much care of me! I'd also give it to Goran he was a very funny guy & joined in activities that wasn't even on the list.. The food was good but I missed my bacon! The bar staff was good to get along with specially elvis & we also like cucumber I can't remember her real name though. We had absolute no troubles except ringing home cause someone broke the phone box but the beach was amazing it was a minute walk but they have you a lift in the buggy, I had massages everyday & the price was dead cheap, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday with my boyfriend & our baby on the way!! :)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Shannonstacey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were a bit worried when we had to change on to feeder coaches half way through our journey to the hotel and no one seemed to know what we were doing. But we got on the mini bus and bounced along for another hour or so and were the last drop of at about 3am. We went down to breakfast next day and were pleasantly surprised that there was so much to choose from, you have to step away from what we are used to and indulge in the experience, we are on holiday after all. Take tea bags as Turkish tea is interesting. We never had any problem getting a sunbed and we had forgotten our towels and we hired some from the spa who were very helpful. The beach is across the road and beautiful, with a stunning raised area, there were only soft drinks available down there and it would be nice to get some snacks instead of having to go back to the hotel. The bus runs all the time from outside the hotel to Turgetreis and the market is on a Saturday and just outside is the fruit and vegetable market well worth a look. There is a spa at the hotel and the salesman for the spa is called Goran, he absolutely made my holiday! We had 4 medical massages in a week which were superb, and we have come back feeling completely refreshed! Thanks Guys!! We also went on a boat trip Goran arranged on the sunday, we had such a great day, very relaxing. We were quite concerned when we booked out as we weren't leaving till the evening, that our suitcases were left in reception all day and not locked away. The hotel had good housekeeping, waiters and was very clean. So for a reasonable holiday and a great spa we will go again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan1991
Truro, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor we were expecting a lot more from this hotel.

First off, the transfer to Mio Bianco was a 2 hour trip and most of that was spent on roads that had more pot holes than the Moon. When finally arrived at this hotel (11.05pm) we were kindly greeted by the reception staff and judging from first impressions this was going to be a great stay.
However, when we were shown to our room is was not what we had booked. In front of us was two single beds which initially we thought was a mistake, turns out this was the only room left. Their solution, put the beds together! the nice view which we also thought we were going to have turned out to be a dusty road with a balcony the size of a window ledge... even though we had booked this holiday over a month ago.

In the morning whilst having to deal with the uncomfortable gap into he middle of the bed we decided to have breakfast. The breakfast was unusual and doesn't cater much for English guests, food was very much Turkish orientated if you are not one to trying different food this isn't the place for you. As this was also the theme for lunch and dinner we did struggle with he food and didn't get to indulge as much as we liked.

As advised by reception staff the night before, we went back after 12 (checkout time is 10am!) to see if they could offer us a different room. they didnt even check the computer before quickly telling us that no other rooms were available even though i kept an eye during the week that some of the rooms by the pool area were vacant all week.

Usually when in an all inclusive resort, everything is all inclusive. The alcoholic drinks stopped at 11pm and after that time you had to pay. The only alcoholic drinks on offer throughout the day are beer, wine, vodka and gin - everything else had to be paid for (cocktails are 22 lira! which is approximately £7.50!!) so we were quite disappointed about the limited selection.

Cant complain about the sunbeds though...at times the pool area was quite busy but we always managed to find a sun lounger and we were pleasantly suprised with the size of the pool and its cleanliness. Also, the entertainment team were extremely helpful. As most of the staff dont speak much English, we found that they tried their hardest to be friendly, polite and helpful and gave us information/help when could. Also the lady on reception was really helpful and she went out of her way to help with finding out local information about a restaurant that we wanted to visit.

On another bad note, the rep who visited us on the first morning was a waste of time! Not very helpful and didn't seem that interested in selling us much other than a bar crawl (possibly because we are a young couple?). He sold us a trip to Turgutreis market on the Saturday - little did we know as we had just arrived that the trip we paid for was 45 lira each and a painstaking 2hr long bus ride, that we could have got the bus outside our hotel for 7 lira each return and would have only taken 20minutes! Make sure you speak to the entertainment team (dressed in red polos) first!!

Even though we had a few issues, we didn't have a terrible stay it was just not how we thought it would be. Very disappointed with no balcony or view, and as big 'foodies' we really wanted to enjoy ourselves and let go with a few cocktails. If your happy to not have any surroundings and be out 'in the sticks' then this is fine, but there wasn't even anywhere to have a nice walk in the evening for a change in scenery and as the evening entertainment consisted of the birdy song and Agado every night, we found ourselves back at our room by 10pm most nights!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank astralis88
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Ooh my god! Where to start with this place!

Well the transfer from the airport to Mio Bianco is quite long but it is worth it. We, as with most British people, arrived in the middle of the night and check in was quick and painless.

The room was lovely. Plenty big enough for the 2 of us. Decor was modern. All the amenities needed e.g Flatscreen, free safe and plenty of wardrobe space. Shower was really powerful and there was always plenty of hot water. Rooms were cleaned daily.

Outside there was a pool with an island in the middle, a smaller pool to the back of the property with slides, a large paved area next to the bar where there were nice comfy sofas and the restaurant where all meals were served. The pool was big enough for the amount of people there when we were there however when the hotel is full i can imagine it being a bit small for everyone. Everywhere was clean and tidy.

The food was good. Breakfast was probably the weakest in terms of quality. I didn't find there was much choice unless you like the whole continental breakfast. I don't really like bacon and we have been to Turkey before and know they don't eat pork so it wasn't a lack of meat that made the breakfast a bit boring. Just wasn't much choice. Lunch and dinner on the other hand where great. The food was always tasty and no one we spoke to said they had had issues with the lunch or dinner. Puddings were to die for. I miss them!!! Drinks were also good. There was juice of every variety (the cherry juice is amazing) and coffee available along with all your normal fizzy drinks. The machines for the coffee did also state you could get a hot chocolate however it never worked. We told the bar staff about it and they did try for about 10 mins to get it to work but alas it did not. Alcoholic drinks were good. Lots of alcohol as is expected. Only thing I would suggest is rum and whiskey added to the all inclusive drinks available as I do like rum and coke!

Now down to the staff and the animation team!!! There were always plenty of staff walking around, clearing plates and glasses. Some of them can't speak very good English and therefore sometimes I felt a bit uncomfortable asking them questions but they all try hard and are all polite. They will pick more English up as they go along! The animation team whilst we were there consisted of Romeo (Metin) and Kitty (Jasneet). There were getting 3 more people the week we left due to the increase in guests. They are brilliant and lovely people. They speak very good English and have been doing the whole hotel animation team thing for years throughout Turkey and therefore know exactly what they are doing. They did games such as darts and air riffle shooting in the day along with a few pool games and then did some sort of evening entertainment such as quizzes or fun competitions. There was a Turkish night whilst we were there and they had traditional Turkish dancers and a belly dancer who got every involved and we all had a good dance and a laugh.

For those who want it, the animation team sort out nights out into Gumbet for those who like to party. I highly recommend this. The clubs are awesome and play really good music and drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is just really good. They organise a mini bus, who takes everyone from the hotel to the clubs and then picks you up from basically right outside the clubs again a few hours later.

We made so may friends whilst there with the staff and other guests alike. We are keeping in touch with Metin and Jasneet and hope to pop over to Istanbul to see them over the new year. Another awesome guy is Goran. He works in the spa but he is always wondering around talking to people so how much work he actually does, I do not know!!! Lol but he is really funny and speaks really good English so any questions you have, you can ask him or kitty and Romeo.

The only thing I would change about this hotel is the reception staff. They don't speak very good English and don't seem very approachable due to this. We had a bit of an issue with the room. We went and asked about keeping the room on for a late check out, the night before we were due to leave and were told it would be fine and we just need to pop down the morning we leave and they will sort it out. So we pop down the morning we are due to leave and they then say we can't have the late check out as they need the room due to the new arrivals!!! so we went for breakfast and hung around the pool and played darts and then went back to the room at 11.30 (check out was 12) to pack the rest of our stuff and the door card didn't work so we went to the reception and she said it has been cancelled as we were checking out. We said not till 12 so she sorted the card out and we went back up but the card still did not work so my husband had to go back down again and get it changed. They need better English and more to be better organised. Lots of people in the resort at the time had the same issue with being promised the late check out and then it not being agreed on the day of leaving.

However don't let this little thing get in the way of booking a holiday at this place. We had already booked a holiday for October but if we had not done so, we would be returning to this hotel without any hesitation. The day we had to leave I felt like crying!! And that is the first time I haven't wanted to go home. We had an amazing time. Sooo many fun memories of this place and all the staff. This is a hidden gem of a hotel!

Bye bye, ciao ciao, Mio Bianco x x

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PrincessTania
Yatton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed a week at this resort, Their were 3 generations myself my sons in their 20s and my retired parents,My parents had stayed here before and had enjoyed it so much they returned with the rest of us. Though I agree it is a long transfer it is well worth it. The staff dont speak fantastic English but are willing to learn and are very patient to understand what is needed, and with new phone apps there is always someone with an electronic translator. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated but if there is a problem they are quick to rectify and all are really helpful. The gym serves its purpose though I ran the beach in the early morning which was lovely. The beach is small but there is a pontoon that serves its purpose but is receiving a much needed update. The food is local so dont expect a full English but there is alot of verity and alot of salad. All food is labeled with English translation but sometimes the electronic translator lets them down so can be quite amusing. The Turkish night on a Friday is good fun and appealed to all ages, The Animation team had to work hard with a full hotel and only the 2 of them but befriended everyone ( the team is due to increase this week). The free bar stops at 11pm but Katty and Romeo organize a coach to the nightclubs and though I didnt go myself my sons had a fantastic time out in the town, I stayed in the hotel and still had a good time you can last out your free drinks and at 11.30 the hotel provide a cauldron of homemade "night soup" and bread before bed. You have to remember you are in a very different culture and except it for what it is, find out what to expect before you go. I would go again at the drop of a hat I feel the staff were so lovely and on the last day my son took ill and the management couldn't be more helpful or caring even though they had a full hotel of outgoing and incoming guests. My one criticism is the reception staff need better English and they could do with an English customer relations to help with exertions, and local knowledge a transient rep is not really good enough as this really is a hotel that makes you feel like part of a little family. They all work so hard and I was very sad to leave them and my holiday to end.

Room Tip: if you like morning sun try blokes 2-4 and evening sun 6-8 the ground floor apartments have pool acc...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed for a week at Mio Bianco with my boyfriend and were pleasantly surprised after a horrible transfer from Bodrum Airport which took much longer than we expected. That was forgotten about when we arrived and were shown to a beautiful room overlooking the pool. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the decor is very tasteful. Food served in the restaurant is plentiful and there is enough choice - not once did we worry we would get ill, so ignore those reviews. The pool area was nice, we didn't struggle for a sunlounger but it was very quiet in the hotel due to it being early in their season. The private beach area had a good selection of sun loungers and day beds and the beach is very clean and there were some watersports facilities on the beach.
In terms of location, the hotel is not situated in any towns and so can feel a little isolated but we soon discovered the bus into the nearest town, Turgutreis takes only 20 mins and to Bodrum or Gumbet about an hour. Staff in the hotel were very polite and helpful, particularly the 'animation team' who spoke great English. They were more than helpful when we asked questions about the area and they livened up lazy days by the pool.
If you're wanting to go on days out, shop around and haggle with people on everything, never pay the price they say first and don't get stung by your travel representative on your first day like we did. We did a boat trip around 4 beaches on the coast and also did the trip to Dalyan. Both were great days out, but be prepared to travel a long way and for long days, if you're patient it's definitely worth it!
It was a chance for us to relax and the hotel made that very easy so i would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank i0na93
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

After reading reviews on here I cant believe anyone who really stayed here could of wrote bad comments! Me and my boyfriend stayed at mio bianco in May and will be returning next year with friends we enjoyed our time so much.

The hotel facilities include everything you could need including a wide range of well presented fresh food (I'm a fussy eater and I always left full!)

The staff at the hotel were always friendly and were always there to get you drinks, they were always happy to see us and did everything to accommodate us (even if we wanted soup n bread at midnight)

But what really made our hotel great was the entertainment team ( Janset and Metin Thank you! ) they really were amazing, they are a real asset to the hotel.

The hotels beach was lovely with nice decking (the boyfriend enjoyed taking advantage of the private pontoon which was great as I enjoyed the calm atmosphere) although there is also water sports just metres away

The rooms were always cleaned at a high standard and it was reassuring that they had coded safety boxes although all the staff are trustworthy

We even had a Turkish bath and message (they were also amazing definitely worth getting a deal package

However I must worn people about the holiday reps. These people do not work for the hotel but work for outer agencies, they meet you on your first day before you can speak to others, this is how they catch you out, they overcharge you on excursions and half the time lie about what they really entail or include Dont let them fool you!!! If your not sure ask the entertainment team who work for the hotel (kitty and metin) or the other staff.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Emms90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Armonia Holiday Village & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#13 of 99 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,121 reviews

Been to Mio Bianco Resort? Share your experiences!