First off Xanadu Island is beautiful! Everywhere there are lovely views of the clear sea and mountains and white villas. The accommodation is new and shiny, nicely furnished, large bathrooms and beds etc. Two large pools, bars etc.
The all inclusive really is all inclusive. There are lots of lovely little touches for children included too - popcorn and candy floss, waffles, slush puppies, milkshakes etc. Waiters bring round fruit in the afternoon and you are never far from a drink with fridges places strategically around the island! The girls went to the mini disco every night.
The sunbeds are plentiful - around pools, quiet areas, on sundecks over the sea or on the beach. They each have their own shade which works brilliantly with children to keep in the shade!
The food was delicious and a great range which should keep everyone happy. I love most foods anyway but the children were fine too.
Essentially this was the most relaxing and beautiful holiday I've had since the Maldives but only 4 hours away. However a few little points....
- the children's club is naff! Basically the entertainment team is made up of a group of young people who can dance. This is great for the evening shows but not for the miniclub! They have not been chosen for their communication skills or interest in people or children. There is no real programme of activities, so when my girls (5 & 7) needed time out of the sun or we wanted to go snorkling, after a couple of initial bad experiences (greeted by a man who couldn't communicate and another woman who couldn't really be bothered to say hello) the girls spent most of their time there watching DVDs! They did strike lucky with a couple of the girls who they looked forward to seeing.
- I thought my girls would be fine together on the sofa bed, but it's quite small and the mattress very thin, so it didn't work for two fidgeters! The 7 year old therefore spent two weeks sleeping on settee cushions on the floor which worked better.
- finally the service isn't 5*. The best service is in the Xanadu bar by the main pool. But everywhere else it's pretty slow and glum. On the whole, staff don't seem that happy and you could be sitting at a spare table for a while before it is laid with cutlery or you get a drink. When we mentioned to the reception team that the children don't feel welcome at the mini club, we were asked if we wanted to fill out a form?! Of course there were some lovely people!
- finally the evening show is very loud and we could hear every word to the music played by the pool area at night. This is played until midnight. As the girls went to be around 10pm we had a couple of hours of this. Fortunately the girls dealt with the noise and were able to get to sleep and it didn't bother us. However if you think you'll be in bed before midnight and don't like noise, I would request a quiet room!
None of the above spoilt our holiday at all but I do think that they would affect some other people so just wanted to let you know!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Xanadu® Island is a prestigious and exclusive five-star All Suite Hotel at the west coast of Turkey, known for its beautiful olive trees, rocky hills and immense pine forests. It is situated on a private peninsula , amidst beautiful gardens and flowered courtyards and surrounded by the deep blue water of the Aegean Sea.This enchanting and elegant resort belongs to the famous Xanadu chain offering an All Inclusive concept with High Class service. All unique suites and villas are overlooking the sea, beautifully constructed on the cliffs enjoying fabulous vieuws out to the surrounding islands and offering a perfect location for a peaceful and tranquil luxurious holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Xanadu Island Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Hotel Turkey/Turgutreis