“Dirty rooms, poor food.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turgutreis
Xanadu Island Hotel
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
“Dirty rooms, poor food.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

My impression was that the management is trying to maximize value for the hotel. They serve poor and cheap food and drinks. Their housekeeping can not even clean the rooms - perharps not enough personnel available. I attach a photo of my nail which got dirty after I scratched table in the suit we've just checked it.
I also attach a photo of dirty spoon bought to us by room service.
Indeed these are penny wise and dollar stupid.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Bobandr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A stunning location for a fabulous hotel. Right from the start our stay was amazing. We were upgraded to a fabulous suite with stunning views over the infinity pool and out across the bay to the Marina. I had my birthday whilst we were there and came back after a day at the pool to find happy birthday balloon on the bed, 6 red roses in a vase , a birthday cake and a half bottle of chilled champagne in the mini bar along with 2 champagne flutes, a very unexpected surprise. The daily BBQ's for dinner are delicious with a great choice of different , meats and fish available. A great array of salads and fruit for every meal in a the buffet restaurant along with freshly cooked pasta and sauces. We visit the Italian restaurant twice and the service and food was delicious.
The entertainment team work very hard to provide good entertainment for all the family and don't push too hard if you don't wish to join in. The shows are very entertaining and there is live entertainment plus a film most evenings along with the quiet Rosebud bar if you just wish to have a quiet drink. Oh and to top it all a free laundry service is provided so you don't need to be worn out with all the washing when you get home! The gym is well equipped and air conditioned. All in all a fabulous hotel and we thought great value for money. We very much hope to return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank chezfijez
hampshire
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Best bits:- Huge 2 bedroomed suites with wonderful views of Kos.
Excellent food although we only ate in buffet it was always superb with fresh pasta, pizza, BBQ meat and fish, cooked veges, salads of every kind, fruit and yummy desserts. Always something different every night which was a real bonus for AI. Also can recommend the rose wine served.
Choice of sunbathing areas lively main pool, quite family pool, beach area and pontoons.
Surroundings and views were stunning with cooling sea breezes in the height of summer.

The OK bits:- Entertainment - the hotel team were all obviously talented dancers so if you enjoy musical/dance shows it's fab - if not they do try to vary things although from what we saw not very successfully.
Staff:- Some excellent, some polite and some just not very interested - have to say the main pool service was erratic and chaotic however the guy did his best and I'd say the say need training in how to organize orders.
Guests:- good mix of European nations and Turkish.

The downside:- The beach is shingle but the water is beautifully clear.

All in all we loved this hotel it's one of the best AI we've ever stayed in including some of the well known brands in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Request a room away from night time entertainment which can be very loud of you have a room overlook...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank pp1_7
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have just got back we stayed 21st - 28th July and paid £995 pp via Thomas cook.

I will keep the review short and sweet.
The resort is absolutely stunning, immaculately kept and simply wonderful.
The I would say about 95% of the staff were very polite, happy to help and attentive.
The room was huge, cleaned to a high standard and the bed was Queensize and so comfortable!
The jetties are great to sunbathe on and are so peaceful (compared to the more lively pool). There a beach, 2 jetties, 2 infinity pools (one is especially for children) so there's plenty of room for everyone and lots and lots of flash sunbeds with their own canopies!
The only reason i haven't given the hotel 5 stars is because the food didn't quite match the rest of the hotel. That's NOT to say the food wasn't nice! its just everything else about the hotel is to such a high standard its hard to make the food match when its an all inclusive style. But don't be put off by that comment, its just my opinion and everyone has different tastes.

The hotel really was so lovely I felt really satisfied with the money I had spent and I would recommend to all of my friends.

Side note - the hotel rooms themselves do not have wifi but all the lobbies, pool side and local areas go. I wouldn't bother going to the market unless you want to buy fake clothes and bags. I prefer traditional markets. Infact I wouldn't bother leaving the resort if you were only going for a week as the nearest town is quite grubby compared to the luxury of the hotel.

Room Tip: Dont overlook the bar at the front its very noisey at night
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jhlaporte
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned had the best holiday ever. It's so relaxing. Staff brilliant cant do enough for you. Nothing too much trouble for anyone. Rooms out of this world. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank kathryn w
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

One of the best hotels in Bodrum, I recommend it if you are coming here with family and friends.
The only parts that lost a star was from the beach, the overpriced watersports and it's very windy.

The wind ripped my newspaper and it flew away from my hands even though I was trying my best to hold on to it, so I had to chase it and ended up with a wet and unreadable "newspaper".

As for the beach, there wasn't any sand and my brother likes to play in sand and make sand castles and the water was very rocky (even though it was so beautiful) and I almost cut my feet... I don't suggest going to the beach but there is this very nice bay that I always go to.

The water sports were VERY expensive, 20 euros per person?! And 65 euros per person for jet ski and paragliding! I ditched the water sports and read my book in the bay.

Overall a very nice 5 star hotel I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TunaStarkIndustries
merseyside
Reviewed 11 July 2013

my wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of june ,early july,we have been to many 5 star hotels in turkey, and this is one of the best.We had a minor problem with our room at the start ,but this was dealt with very quickly,the rooms are of a very high standard , and the bathroom, was the best we have ever had.As the hotel is on a peninsula, there are sea views all round it, this makes for a very chilled out vibe,.the food was good, but less varied than some other hotels we have been to.The staff were polite , and allways willing to help if they could, the pool drinks staff were fantastic , allways asking if you wanted a drink.Evening entertainment was low key ,but with some very good shows at the amphitheatre, after the evening entertainment , it was lovely to have a late drink in the rosebud bar,overall this hotel has much to offer , we enjoyed our holiday and met some nice people , sue, ian, dean jo , and Catharine thanks for a great night in the rosebud, hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: if you have a courtyard suite ask for higher floors low one have no balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jimmyd69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
#3 of 23 in Torba
Swissotel Resort Bodrum Beach
Swissotel Resort Bodrum Beach
#14 of 99 in Bodrum City

Been to Xanadu Island Hotel? Share your experiences!