“cheap & cheerful”

Aydem Beach Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just got back from Aydem
Nice base to stay in with no frills but as others have said, staff were very good. Great location, far enough from town to be quiet but close enough to walk. Has it's own little bit of nice beach but people from other hotels used it a bit & weren't moved.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luqman b

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My standards must be very different to the majority of other people who have stayed here. Yes it was clean but beauty's only skin deep......under my bed was disgusting. Dust, old used cotton buds & my brother & his wife had someone else's old flip flops under their bed. I have got photographic evidence to back up what I'm saying which I'll upload later. My room was at the front. I had one small window which looked on to what could only be described as "Beirut"
The bathrooms were atrocious, old & grubby with dirty cracked tiles & a shower head that was so full of lime scale you had to hold it at a right angle just to get wet. The tap on the sink was filthy with grime & the toilet covered in ? stains (photos to follow).
The breakfasts were Turkish orientated (fair enough, when in Turkey....) but nothing was labelled to state what you were actually eating - even Turkish guests complained about this so what does that tell you? The later it got to 10am the more undrinkable the tea & coffee was.....by 9.30 the coffee resembled mud. We walked down to breakfast elsewhere after a few days - it was worth paying extra for!
The pool was small but nice but the sunbeds had that much of other peoples old sweat stains on them you could clearly make out the rings. The so call "private beach" resembled builders sand & again the cushions were nothing you'd want to put your bare skin against.
We found the owner very abrupt & rude, especially if you didn't constantly eat in the hotel (& I use that term very loosely)
I paid £700 for 10 nights B&B here, I think that's a substantial amount of money for such shoddy service, others don't. Other's think that because this is a 2 star hotel, you get what you pay for. we only booked this hotel after reading the good reviews.........as I said earlier, my standards & opinions of clean & helpful must vary greatly from others.
We felt sorry for the bar staff, you could tell they were over worked & shown little respect by the owners. Perhaps if she got up from playing backgammon with all her Turkish friends each night & helped out a bit more others wouldn't be complaining about them. We personally had no issues with them. They were always friendly towards us, helpful & good fun.
This is my 3rd time in Turkey & while this experience hasn't put me off its one area I won't be returning to.

pool was nice but whe

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lellric
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Yes this hotel is small and friendly very clean and tidy with a warm welcome waiting from zahra and her team except for mr misery face with deep pockets on bar?? Rooms cleaned daily with fresh linnen etc, the food is of good standard this was our second visit and will return next year, met lots of nice people the girls baz and the gang, and one naughty single lady big smile on everybodys faces when she departed!!!! All in all smashing little hotel with nice friendly guests the saturday gang number2

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank g3p
Reviewed 10 September 2013

my silly o'clock arrival and my first impressions were ' I've got what I paid for' . breakfast is a buffet and suited me with lots of choice and good tea and coffee. it is a good 25 min stroll into turgutries central but it is flat and a manmade promenade . my room was basic and clean, what made my holiday was the staff and the guests, people (repeat offenders) ,as I named them ,have come back to this hotel for years. it is so friendly and feels like a family, I wasn't a single for long.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and have a beach on their door step
with no frills. I will be going back x ps food from menu and buffet was great x

Room Tip: no preference for rooms . there's too much outside!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank lucy b
Reviewed 10 September 2013

this was our first visit to the aydem the hotel is situated at the end of the bay its quiet and peaceful fantastic views over the sea. ali and zahra are very attentive looking after the guests like family. the food is good hotel clean and the staff are friendly and helpful with the exception of joseph the bar person who needs a personality transplant and his pockets sewing up. the walk into town takes 20 minutes but lovely walk along the sea front with little bars on the way if you need a rest. cool breeze restaurant was lovely food good they make the best cocktails. we met some lovely new friends at the hotel and will be meeting up again next year, had a lovely relaxing holiday cant wait for next year

Room Tip: all the rooms are good if you want fantastic views the rooms on the roof are good or 201 to 205 but...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank saturdaygang
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We visited second week in July the temperature was very hot and whilst this hotel has air on as optional for additional payment I only lasted 20mins without it so you might as well budget for the additional cost at the outset, the hotel was clean and the staff very personable there is a large sign inside the hotel stating no drinks to be brought into the hotel, we only brought in water purchased outside but not finished. The breakfast is buffet style normal service which was varied and good, on the first day as due to delay we missed dinner we ordered the full English we paid extra but it was well worth it but not needed every day. We went half board and found the evening food ok but in future we would dine out as the price of food localy was very reasonably priced and more traditional Turkish, bar prices at the hotel were reasonable and the bar open all day and until 4am if you want it . The pool though quite small was always clean and there are plenty of beds but you will need your own towels here but they can be bought localy cheaply (you need to haggle) we used the local damas ( minibus) which left the bus station in turgeris and for less than a £1 you cold visit many destinations the best was gumesluk a seaside village with fish restaurants all along the sea front with seats in the sea very romantic fish in these restaurants is usually sold by weight so be carefull when ordering all restaurants do a meze starter which are sold by the plate. This hotel offers all you need we will return on room or breakfast only and take in more of the local food recommended

Room Tip: Sea view is preferred as the front of the hotel overlooks an unkempt area we got a sea view without...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff K
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is nice, rooms cleaned everyday and towels changed. The view from the hotel is amazing looking out to all the islands.

The only thing that needs updating is the bathrooms and shower. Otherwise for the price great.

Everyone at the hotel friendly and helpful

Marian and Bernie Madden

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room the views are amazing especially when the sun is setting.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple