“Dont listen to the moaners”
Review of Kadikale Resort

Kadikale Resort
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Dont listen to the moaners”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just arrived back from a weeks holiday at the Kadikale. It was fantastic!!!! When we arrived we were shown to a ground floor apartment and my partner was hoping for a higher floor, bearing in mind we arrived early in the morning we were reluctant to ask if we could change but we did and our room was changed to another one without any bother atall with a lovely view. We couldve changed it again if we wanted to. The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool bar waiters were not happy bunnies and one in particular would walk away and serve you when he was ready. That was the only negative thing. The hotel was spotless and so were the rooms and the food was very tasty but did get a little bit samey and I did get a little bit fed up with it by the end of the week, but we went in october and knew that the other "a-la-carte" restaurants would be shut. There were always plenty of sun beds available no matter what time of the day you went out so no sneaking out to occupy a bed with a towel early in the morning. All in all we had a fantastic week and the temperature of 80degrees made it even better.

Room Tip: Ask for room 205 the veiw of the garden is lovely.
2 Thank Janette H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I returned from this resort yesterday after staying a week All inclusive....... .
.THE POSITIVES.....Nice modern resort......Very picturesque setting on the coastline...... Rooms are cleaned daily...........10-15 minute local bus journey to nearest shopping town Turgutreis..........Worth booking the Bodrum by night Chinese meal & shopping trip with a super eager guy called Richard, The Spa which is based at the resort absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!..........................
THE NEGATIVES.................... FOOD......Day 1-3 Nice.......Day 3-5....Not this again!!!.... Day 5-7.....Need i say anymore!!!..My biggest concern was CATS everywhere whilst you're eating, on the beach, near the pool, even see a young girl get scratched by one whilst eating her dinner....NOT GOOD!!!!!!......THE STAFF......You can sense its the end of season but some staff were helpful and pleasant...............ENTERTAINMENT..............Lovely animation team but some nights were not great and that's putting it nicely....ACTIVITIES...Were all accessible, but the mini-golf is in serious need of repair.. ... SUMMARY.........If you get a real bargain for this place then i would say BOOK IT.......but bear in mind this resort needs a bit of a revamp before it can be considered a real five star hotel.

Room Tip: We originally had a garden view but upgraded to sea room view which makes a massive difference to th...
1 Thank Jay2daJay
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I loved this resort and only negative about my experience was my lazy holiday rep/adviser who was happy to sell me and my husband the day trips but then no where to be seen when we had a question. She told us all the information about the "extras" which come at an extra cost, but did not explain about all the brilliant stuff which is there free of charge.

A lot of reviews say that the staff there are rude...well, I would have to challenge that. I thought they were great and I felt at times quite ashamed to be English. A lot of the English holiday makers seemed to assume the staff are mind readers and they assume the staff should all be English speaking...well guess what...it's Turkey, English is not their first language but I would bet a lot of money on the fact that their English is better than your Turkish. If you want English speaking staff, go to flipping Blackpool or something.

The food...FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Each meal time was full of works of art which tasted beautiful and looked incredible. For the guys who have written reviews slating the food...were we even at the same resort? The chefs at Kadikale work incredibly hard to produce food that in England you would only find available in top restaurants. The negative with the food was again unfortunately the holiday makers. They pile their plates high with a quantity of food they can't possibly eat and shamefully leave enough grub that would feed a small village. The food was fantastic value for the money paid for the holiday. There are three banquet style all you can eat meals per day with a good variety, and in addition to this there is a snack bar selling freshly made pancakes, burgers and spag bol :) as well as afternoon coffee break with a selection of freshly made cookies and cakes...you cannot possibly go hungry here lol.

Cleaning staff and house keeping work pretty much around the clock and they take real pride in their work. Our room was always spotless with fresh bottled water put in our fridge.

The Animation team who do the entertainment are brilliant and a lot of fun :)

What I would maybe advise anyone thinking of going, is to learn a few words in Turkish such as basic manners. The staff respond very well to it even if the pronunciation of it is a bit dodgy. Even if it's just Hello and Thank You, it goes a very long way.

There are indeed a lot of cats, but actually I found this a very unique touch and not one jumped onto my table, sneaked into my room or attacked me, they were very sweet.

I felt no pressure to tip any staff at any time, although we did tip at the end of our holiday as we had received such a good service. The staff work 12 and a half hour shifts for prob less than minimum wage and are always polite with a smile on their faces.

We slept well in the room. Good size, nice balcony, no noise no problems.

I will deffo be returning to Kadikale. Been back in England now for 2 days and I miss it already.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are away from the entrance so this will reduce noise from coaches dispatching and col...
5 Thank Hayley L
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Where to start!
I don't usually write reviews, but I picked this hotel by reading the reviews before we booked.
Air con didn't work, filled in the card to get it fixed, it never did get fixed.
Woken up 3/4 times a night by buses, suit cases, dripping air con and people shouting.
Food was poor, little change over the 2 weeks.
Hardly any where to sit down at dinner, if you go late (8:30) the foods cold and there trying to clear away, but you do get a table with out tipping.
Chefs were stood there picking at the food eating it out the trays.
Rude miserable waiters- one even tapped my arm and clicked his fingers at me to give him my full drink to clear away, whilst I was asleep on the sun bed.
Cats every where whilst you are trying to eat inside.
Ask for a cocktail get told you have to pay and then watch them make them for free for other people.
To get anything at this hotel you have to tip. Felt like the hotel already had your money so they didn't need to bother making any
effort with you. How they can call
this hotel 5* I don't know.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank JRB-DKG
london united kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my new wife came here on the back of the brochure and trip advisor. When we arrived we were shown our rooms quickly. The hotel itself is quite nice, not a 5 star. The room we had was in the garden view part at the front of the hotel, very nice and lovely cobbled road..... Until the ENDLESS parade of coaches rumbling past all night and hundreds of people with their suitcases and shouting keep you up! The food is ok but gets repetitive and the salads are the same everyday. Be warned- get your table first as this is a difficult task as it's so busy in the dining room. The staff have pretty poor English and a lot of them make assumptions about where your from, many thought I was American and refused to engage with me until otherwise was proven even if you say thanks in Turkish, which went down well in marmaris, they just look at you inbetween checking their phones and checking out the young ladies! The WiFi is so slow, I gave up with it.
Don't bother with the VIP cabanas with waiter service for 30 Euros as you don't get any waiter at all. The bar staff ignore you until they want to serve you. There is a lot of tipping going on to ensure you get a service quickly with is ridiculous as tipping should be done after if you feel it's appropriate for the service you were given. I recommend the spa treatments, they were fantastic. I think the rating of this hotel needs to be reviewed as it is not a 4/5 star in anyway. I would not come back here as I have enjoyed holidays in turkey at another hotel so have somthing to compare it to.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week at this resort. This is not a 4/5 star hotel.
Our room, though clean, had hooey blankets and a dirty floor. The air conditioning made such a racket, we couldn't have it on for too long.
The shower was tiny and anyone over 5'10 would struggle to stand in it to wash!
The food was pretty poor. A lot of fried stuff or vegetables with cheese. Range of salad bits but that gets a bit boring after 2 days. Soup was hit and miss. Lack of tables in the restaurant, more like a canteen. No waiter service for drinks etc, and it seemed that if you tipped the waiters they'd reserve a table for you by leaving bread rolls to make it look like someone was sitting there. Totally ridiculous.
Nothing to do in the evenings, free wifi in reception area was our saviour in the evenings. AI drinks were awful, branded drinks costs additional money which is ridiculous for a Thomson platinum hotel.
Sea and beach were ok but lack of room around the swimming pools unless you rise at 7am!
Staff were rude, bar one barman who was friendly.
Will not be returning to this hotel ever. Most disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Just got back this morning after a boring week at the kadikale, cats in the dining area running over the tables dangerous slippery steps & floors everywhere staff that can not be be bothered to even smile & food that I wouldn't give to farm pigs as a treat! Nothing to do in the evening far from anywhere decent only nice thing was the views this defiantly is not a 4 or 5 star I'm struggling to give it a 2!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family