“May 2014”
Review of Kadikale Resort

Kadikale Resort
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just got back from 1 weeks holiday May 2014. It is a lovely hotel, service and staff excellent. Many people inclunding ourselves seemed to have a problem with our room if you paid to upgrade on line. Manager changed the following day. a bit hilly if your room is athe the top of the hill, but the view your surrounded by is lovely. There was plenty of sun beds around all the pools and beach, weather you want to get there early or come down late for a couple of hours you could always find a bed. Food and service were first class. Lack of entertainment at night was the only downside.

Room Tip: worth upgrading to a superior room as standard rooms are futhest from the restraunt. 90-100 steps hi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Kadikale Resort Hotel. This was our second visit, having stayed there for a week last September. We had enjoyed our time then and decided we would like to make a return visit and spend longer. We were not disappointed! On our previous stay, it was almost the end of the season and the resort was quietly winding down. We wondered if we might find it too crowded this time but were pleasantly surprised. The mix of nationalities seems just right, English, French, Dutch, Polish and some from Ukraine, no one dominated and the atmosphere was really nice. There was plenty of space on the beach and jetty, although the main pool where the animation team performed was always busy, shows how popular they were! The other pool and children's pool were quieter and the water slides extremely popular,
Our room was a seaview terrace at the highest point of the resort which meant an exertive walk to
and from the lobby/reception, bar and restaurant areas but you could either use the steps or stroll up the gently rising slopes. We actually enjoyed where we were because the views across the bay towards Kos were just fabulous. Also, after the indulgent meals and desserts that we were unable to resist, it was a rather gentle form of exercise to try to keep off the extra weight!
The staff at this hotel really make the holiday, so polite yet friendly at the same time. There is a new Food and Beverage Manager who has weeded out the 'miserable' ones that I had referred to in my last review. The existing staff are all lovely, a special mention to Murad in the restaurant and Rajib and Alli on the 24hr bar. During our second week the hotel was becoming busier and some new staff had been hired, there were even waitresses collecting empty glasses from the beach and taking drink orders so you didn't even have to queue at the bar......a nice touch.
If you're looking for a trip out, then one of the best is to sail around the beautiful islands of the Agean on the Thomas pirate boat. The trips vary to either the North or South islands and include a delicious lunch. Thomas (Mustafa) is around the resort every day as he sees off the boat and assists when it returns later in the day. He is happy to chat and give you information on all his trips without being pushy, a really nice person.He had just started a moonlight sail to a nearby island where you go ashore for barbecue and drinks included. Also, you'll find his prices cheaper than booking through the holiday rep!
All in all, we had yet another enjoyable and relaxing holiday in a lovely resort and hopefully will return for another week in September. Highly recommended to keep the winter blues at bay!

Room Tip: Would recommend a seaview room, fabulous views across the bay.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dram54
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just got back from 2 weeks holiday here. It is a lovely hotel, a bit hilly but you can deal with this when you weigh it up against the view your surrounded by.
There was plenty of sun beds around all the pools weather you want to get there early or come down late for a couple of hours you could always find a bed in the area you wanted to be in. The pools themselves were a bit cold but refreshing when you jump in to cool off.
The food was good quality but did get a bit repetitive, that said my 18 month old daughter never got tired of meatballs!! you could always find a table whatever time you chose to eat and the bar service was also very good with plenty of drinks to choose from.
The bed in our room was hard and didn't lend itself to a good nights sleep, when we mentioned this to our rep the hotel provided us with extra blankets to pad the bed out which made it a bit more comfy.
The entertainment was brilliant, the animation team really do a great job. I cannot say enough good things about them!! Friendly, funny and put on some great shows weather that be dancing or comedy. I would return to this hotel based on them alone!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a very last minute holiday here a couple of days before departure and loved this place. It was end of season so the resort was very quiet, particularly the last few days. This was great as there were no queues at the buffet and you could always get a lounger on the jetty which was our preferred spot.

I'm vegetarian and while there wasn't a large selection I can honestly say I never got bored of the salads and mezze, really fresh and delicious. My partner (non veggie) did get a bit tired of the food towards the end. The a la carte places were all closed and the snack bar became more limited as the hotel was winding down for the winter.

We went out one night into the nearest town, which is a dump but the food was ok. We also did a bit of an excursion to a nearby harbour/port town for Chinese which was great value. They bus you in, you have an hour or so to shop etc and then have a 3 course meal with a drink at a Chinese. I cant remember the name of the town but it was lovely. We also went on a boat trip which was really good fun mostly on account of some of the characters also on the trip. I spent the whole day laughing, food was basic and it was a bit chilly for jumping in the sea but plenty did. None of these were tour operator excursions just people that came by the hotel.

We had a sea view room and I would recommend paying the little bit extra for this. You will hear the "call to prayer" throughout the day and night but this didn't bother me. The entertainment guys were really friendly but god they were awful, so bad it was almost funny. The staff in the bars were a bit sullen, no greeting or smile but as long as I got my drink quickly I wasn't overly fussed. Staff in the restaurant were marginally better and I had I been looked after then I would have tipped but wasn't prepared to tip to get service which is how I think it worked.

There are a lot of cats kicking about the place, I'm cat mad so great for me but you couldn't help but notice that many incl the kittens were poorly.

Room Tip: Sea View is a must, amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pari76
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Can I just start off with DO NOT read any of the negative comments... Where to start.. Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a fantastic week staying here I literally have not one bad comment to make!! The hotel its self is stunning and offers everything you need whether you want a pool with music and activities, a relaxing pool, kids pool or a beach day it offers them all!! The food is lovely considering it is all inclusive its one of the best iv had.. the staff are far far from arrogant like some reviews say if you are nice to them and make an effort they will go far and beyond to make your holiday perfect!! Mario and Zaga from the animations team are hilarious mario being everyones favourite as he is a star. All the bar staff including ahup, allie, everyone of them are up for such a laugh! And not forgetting Kadikales one and only Apo who is in charge of the shesha pipes he completely made our holiday!! Kadikale is perfect for couples looking for a relaxing week away in the sun with plenty to do outside the hotel also.. we have fell completely in love with this hotel and will hopefully be returning in September

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca N
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just got back from the Kadikale resort after having a brilliant 2 weeks. All I would say is ignore the bad reviews. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the Hotel. Great value for money. Food was good however became a bit repetitive after 2 weeks. However there where 2 a la carte restaurants which were brilliant. Animation team where also excellent and worked really hard to entertain everybody, regardless of age and nationality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank harryleicester
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We have just spent a week at the kadikale resort with our 2 year old son and thought the hotel was lovely. A large complex set in spacious grounds with fantastic views of the sea and surrounding islands. We booked a family room which was situated outside the reception and we were not disappointed. The room was huge, with two big bedrooms and a large bathroom.
The staff were friendly and the animation team tried their best to entertain everyone, putting in lots of effort throughout the day and night. The only thing we would say is the shows in the evening could of been better....We spoke to people from other hotels who had circus and trapeze acts one night and also live comedians. I think they need to work on this.
The food was nice, although a little repetitive there was plenty to choose from. Breakfast could of been a bit better. We have been to other all inclusives with sausages, bacon and fruit platters on offer but the kadikale didnt offer any of this whilst we stayed. The hotel didnt even have a toaster!! Ive never known this in a hotel before.
The pools were great and there were plenty of sunbeds, we had no problem getting one in the mornings. We would definately recommend the spa, both myself and boyfriend enjoyed a full two hour package here, consisting of a scrub, foam massage,mix massage aromatherapy and a face mask. Heaven!!!!
We havent given the kadikale a five star for two reasons. 1 being that there is no icecream for the children, this happened to be available tho after we left. Being in an all inclusive i feel this should be available at all times. 2 being that it states on the net the a la carte restaurant isnt open till the middle of june yet whilst we were there we heard several people saying that it was open.
Another good thing that came out of this holiday though is that we met two fantastic families from wales who we hope to see in the future. "Baz, we hope u havent drank all them "maretto's" on that long road home!!!"
Apart from the minor points we did have a great stay at the kadikale and would return in the future

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family