“The Hotel came up trumps again”
Review of Kadikale Resort

Kadikale Resort
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I love this hotel for friendliness, location, cleanliness, friendship and great value. As soon as we arrived the staff recongnised us from last year. I have written a report about his before and I must say this year was better.
There was a better animation team there this year who tried so hard to please everyone. It might be nicer for the hotels dance club to open about 10.30 instead of midnight and themed nights there (ie 70's 80's music for a change) instead of the Garage Boom!
My husband still complains to all about the lack of a toaster at the hotel and no tea/coffe making facilites in the rooms, considering it is supposed to be 5*. None of this has put me off. Its a great place with a fantastic outlook far enough from the town not to have any trouble.
While I was there I did my PADI open water diving course, which I booked by the towel collection place by the jetty. I must say that I have been diving before in Egypt but have never ever met such a professional and caring team as I did with the Aquanaut Diving Boat that pulls into the hotel most days. The owners (Ryan and Emma) are British and therefore the standards of health and safety are extremely high. Although nervious there care and consideration was 1st class. I have a weight problem, yet they never discriminated against me and they made me feel so very confident.
They can be found at Aqaunautdiving.com, if you need any advice. Dont hessitate, its great fun and the island and cave dives were amazing.
Back to the hotel. For anyone returning. They have had the cheek to charge this year, $40 euros a day, for the Huts on the decking near the Jetty and some more they have added around past the beach bar near the Babylon Gardens. They have added plush cushions and you get a waiter service all day, but still....... not a good move.
Anyway thats this years report. I will return especially for the diving.

1  Thank Denise-Adventuress
Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 5 June 2010

We have just stayed at the Kadikale Resort in Kadikelesi, Turkey for 1 week all inclusive 28th May - 4th June 2010. I travelled with my husband and 2 sons age 5 years. We had a fantastic week and found the hotel to be clean, friendly, good food and excellent swimming pools. The top pool had 2 slides which kept the kids entertained. The hotel is right on the edge of the sea and has fantastic views - great for snorkelling, fishing and windsurfing. The slight negatives - there are lots of steps, the entertainment in the evening is a little limited, there is no where to walk in the evening, although you can catch the local bus really easily to Turgetreis and Gumusluk - both are well worth a visit. We had a great week and would def go back to Turkey and prob this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Scooby74
Reviewed 1 June 2010

returned to the kadikale on 10th may this year its such a beautiful hotel very well kept gardens,pool area,public areas etc.not got a bad word for it or staff everyone extremley helpfull especially mehmet on reception who speaks very good english and is always ready to please,hope your there next year mate,food excellent,drinks good but would be better if they had efes instead of tuborg,if you have gin & tonic or vodka & coke my advice is to order seperatley as they seem to put to much mixer in & drown the alchohol,they should also put in background music in lobby bar at night as not everyone wants to climb a mountain to watch a poor animation team prat about.they would do better getting shut of animation and having a singer on downstairs a few nights per week as there is nothing to do untill disco opens,i wasnt well whilst there caught a throat & chest infection nothing to do with hotel i may add caught off plane going there,we had to change rooms as couldnt climb 100 steps to first room had no problem changing room to a garden room thanx to mehmet and thomson rep ( we were with thomas cook ) !!!! we will be back nxt yr.had 2 days of rain & thunder out of 2 weeks but just went into the spa for sauna & menthol steam bath which was free.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

I have just returned from the kadikale, i am a travel agent myself so i will be very honest, the hotel itself it exceptionally clean well run and friendly staff, the rooms are all refurbished to a high standard 3/4 star not 5 we had a day when our room wasn't cleaned, however when they were they were done well. the pool areas are very nice but be warned i had to get up at 6.00 am to get a sunbed with shade around the pool the germans and dutch reserve from 5.00am the main pool reminds me of butlins you cannot rest and are constantly hasstled by animation team if you want a quieter pool the inffinity pool will suit you better, the hotel does not have enough sun beds for the amount of people at the hotel. The food is adequate always something so eat if you like chicken you get this every day i would rate the food around 3 star not a lot of choice for a 5 star as they rate it the themed restaurants were not open you should be aware of this before you travel they open 15 jun so be aware of this. the evening entertaiment is crap to be honest there is a show which you can watch with not drinks available so you have to take drinks with you the bar that looks over the sea is very nice and has a lovely atmosphere if you like just sitting having a drink in the evening then this will suit you but the shows typical all inclusive standard... the transfer to the hotel is a joke do not take any notice of the brochure it is 2/3 hrs you have to change to feeder coaches twice also in the middle of the night they take you through some pretty scary places mountainous roads etc and you have no rep so be aware ... my husband an myself were both ill with a virus so take plenty of immodium and sickness pills i have been to egypt and never got a bad tummy so i will leave that one to the hotel i think..
overall the hotel is nice food ok lovely staff thomas cook rep Tracey a joke use thomson rep much nicer and friendlier nice for a 1 week break think you would be bored after 2 weeks i am not sure if i would return as i think turkey is not my type of place i have been 4 times to different resorts and still not sure.

3  Thank dollyjamo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Kadikale resort and spa in Turkey!! There were 3 adults and a 12 year old and we all had a fantastic time.
On arrival at our hotel we were allocated a family room as requested, this was of a good size and included a double bed and two single beds. The room had a small fridge which was stocked with a fresh bottle of water each day by the cleaner. The room itself was very clean and tidy and had air conditioning which was much needed in the hot weather.
The weather was very nice most of the week, with temps reaching to late 20's early 30's!! alothough we did have two full days of heavy rain whilst we were there, it was quite nice as it cooled us all down!!
The entertainment at the hotel isnt the best ive seen but the entertainment staff were fantastic and very friendly, there is even a nightclub at the hotel which starts at midnight untill 3am.
Whilst we were in Turgetries we visited the Saturday market which was an experience!! its very busy and we did lots of bartering to get good prices on clothes! The locals were really friendly and have a good laugh with you!!
The only downside to our trip was the transfer time from Bodrum airport to the hotel, we were initially told 55 mins transfer but it took 2 and a half hours!!! if it had been a direct trip it wouldnt have taken that long but we had to go all over the place to drop off people at other resorts.
All in all we had a brilliant week, the food was fantastic with lots of choice for both adults and children, there is even a seperate childrens buffet!!! the staff were very helpfull and we would definately go back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank kerrylaura
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We returned from the Kadikali on the 20th of May after a weeks break.We had a great time in spotlessly clean hotel with very friendly staff. We had room 704 which has a beautiful view over looking the bay and was nicely furnished. The food is excellent at all meal times with a very large choice. Drinks were very good as was the service. If I have a complaint it is about the volume and choice of music around the reception pool., having said that you can't please all the people all of the time but a variety would have been nice.If the music is not to your liking there is another huge pool which is alot quieter and also has a bar.Turgutries is a ten minute bus ride away or a 45 minute stroll along the beach.It is shown as 5 star on the hotel board and is described as 4 star by Thomsons I would rate it as Thomsons have. It good value for money. All in all a great place for a super holiday and we will definatly return.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leicesterroamer
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My husband and i have just arrived home from a fab week at thekadikale resort, what can i say best hotel we've ever stayed in something for everyone. Rooms are spotless, good choice of food, very friendly staff, the animation team were excellent really entertaining. We didnt want to leave there! we are hoping to go back next year!! The only thing i will say is that if your an elderly person, with difficultly on climbing the stairs i suggest that you ask for a ground floor room because we had five flights of stone steps and was very tiring even for a young couple!!! Can't wait to go again.;.)

1  Thank SPRAGUEY