“OK I guess”

Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Turgutreis
Moreton, United Kingdom
“OK I guess”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location - its a bit of a walk to town so if you have walking difficulties its not ideal.

Management and staff - Fahri was pleasant and so was the guy who owned Jessie the pug, the bar staff couldn't speak English but I can't speak Turkish but we managed to get by to order a drink.

Bar - OVER PRICED!!!!

Hotel in general - typical Turkish b&b - basic and tiny pool.

Rooms and cleaning - first impression was clean and basic which was fine as it was a base to sleep and get showered, it stated in the room that the towels were changed every 3 days and bedding every 4 - this was where the cleaning problem is - THEY WERE CHANGED ONCE IN 11 DAYS!!!!

Would I stay again - no to put it bluntly as I prefer to be closer to town and like my bedding and towels changed more than once in 11 days

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank boxermad72

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have visited the Irme dozens of times,this time things have really slipped.Management is still the same but Farihs attitude is couldn't care less .The young boys do not appear to understand English also sitting around when there is obviously work to do(tables to clear)one in particular wore the same creased shirt for several days,one customer did complain to Farih who in turn was rude to her and shrugged it off.Rooms were clean but things like smoke detectors ,phones and emergency exit signs were in a drawer not in use.Prices of food and especially drink or bottles of water were exceptionally high ,water three times the price of similar establishments.In the dinning room the boys were mopping the floors whilst people were still eating breakfast causing them to lift the ire feet.Attitudes have definitely changed.Thomas Cook are sole agents for this hotel,they do not provide a rep either on the transfer bus going in or at the hotel but you are now given a phone number to contact if any problems arise.also to contact them 48 hours before your return flight to check pickup time.They also are letting their customers down.Standard are down beware

Room Tip: If you want Sun pick the side or front ,peace and quiet with no view the back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MumandDadCheshire
Bristol, England
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As a regular visitor to the Irme throughout the years, you certainly need a sense humour and that British bulldog spirit when you stay here! Whilst in the past the Irme has proved excellent value for money, I was left to carry my own luggage to the room and ignored when asking for various things. When inside the room, the shelf in the wardrobe collapsed when I tried to put a pair of sandals on it and the balcony door wouldn't close, not to mention water spewing down the wall from the air-conditioning system which was absolutely filthy and blocked from outside. The Manager, Fahri seemed to be in a constant mood and only seemed happy when he was on his calculator adding up the cost of drinks at the bar!! Other familiar guests mentioned a hairdryer that had flames coming out of it, smoke alarms left hanging from the ceiling and a shower rail that collapsed on top of them and towels like sandpaper! If you can put up with all of this and dogs barking throughout the night then feel free to try this hotel. This little gem could be an absolute diamond but seems to be on downward spiral due to poor standards, rude staff and service and very overpriced drinks! I love Turgutreis but I think its time for a change of accommodation!!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank georgina
Ludlow
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in the Irme Hotel for a week - booked as a late package deal with Thomas Cook. We liked Turgutreis - a blend of tourist facilities with the opportunity to see the real Turkey away from the obvious tourist bars and restaurants. Its easy and cheap to visit other nearby places using the dolmus (local minibus service). The Saturday market was fabulous a riot of noise and colour.

The hotel is in a good location - 5 minutes walk from the D- Marin (marina) with its upmarket shops and restaurants and no more than 10 minutes into the town centre. Its clean - although a bit dated in places. Our room itself was very clean, and simply furnished with twin beds, a small table, 2 chairs and a good size built in wardrobe. No pictures or anything to brighten up a spartan appearance - but adequate for a weeks stay.

Breakfasts are Turkish style - bread and cheese, boiled eggs, honey, jam etc..(although one day the bread wasn't fresh).

Hotel staff are friendly enough and the bar offers snacks and a range of drinks - which are a little more in price than you'd pay elsewhere in town.

Pool area is fine - plenty of seats and loungers.

The not so good: Our mattresses were very hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were like concrete. Not conducive to a good nights sleep. Room maintenance wasn't good. One bedside light wasn't working and the smoke alarm had been disabled. These should have been checked and remedied before we checked in. The mattress had small stains on the side - not pleasant!

Its a budget hotel so we didn't expect luxury but can't in all honesty recommend the Irme as a place to stay despite the positives. It failed the critical test - of providing a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is an extra 25 TL - worth paying for!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I went to this hotel in June 2013 on a holiday on my own.

The room was perfectly acceptable but was above the Reception/Bar area. This wasn't a problem for me on my own but with talking and music from the bar area is was quite noisy later at night if you were trying to get to sleep. I just went to sleep later and had a lay in. I stopped in a different room in Oct 2011 when this wasn't an issue. The music and talking weren't particularly loud but it just travelled and there was no point me moaning and spoiling someone else's fun.

The eating and bar area are spacious but the pool is probably a little on the small side for a family. I don't know if they have family rooms but the two I had were both double beds so you would need two rooms for a family.

The staff were friendly enough but I haven't been to a smaller hotel in Turgutreis and not found them to be friendly.

The hotel is close to a main road but this road does't suffer from massively heavy traffic. The traffic that there was never disturbed me anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael T
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Irme is in my opinion the Turkish version on a Travelodge. I stayed in a twin room with my friend, we had two single beds, a dressing table and wardrobe in the room as that's all it could fit.

The balcony only fitted one person on which was slightly disappointing as we wanted to have a drink on there before we hit the town. One main factor that I cannot fault about the hotel are the cleaners. As you can imagine we are two girls in our mid twenties on a girly holiday our room was a tip however every day we came back to a sparkling room with all our washing put in our cases and everything put into place. It was like Cinderella had been in we were gob smacked.

The owner and his two young boys that worked there were very polite and always went the extra mile to meet your needs.

The pool was small but big enough for the amount of people that were staying at the hotel at the time.

We will be going back next year as for the price you cant beat it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rio B
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at the Irma in 2010 and loved it then so I booked to go again in October this year and still loved it. I asked for the same room as last time and they gave it to me. The hotel is lovely and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is beautifully situated across the road from the Marina which has great shops and a lovely coffee shop and Turgutreis itself is a nice little town with lots of shops and restaurants. I will definately will be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo