I just got back from Yasmin Bodrum where I spent 1 week with my boyfriend, May-June 2013. We both had a fantastic week and highly recommend this resort! If you are a fairly fussy Brit like me but have got a tight budget then this hotel is perfect. Its value for money is second to none and I would say it is a 4* All Inclusive. Bear in mind this rating does not come under the same criteria as non-AIl Inc. hotels.
Here is a list of some pros and cons which I believe are the most informative way to deliver my review:
1) Brilliant staff, very friendly and helpful. Johnny Depp from the Beach Bar, Caner from the Lobby Bar, and Emre from reception stood out for us!
2) Drinks are always available and there is no shortage of alcohol. The Beach Bar is open until 10pm and the Lobby Bar is open 24/7. If you want a specific cocktail remember to ask for e.g. a Mohito, Sex on the Beach as if you just ask for a cocktail they will make one up on the spot. You can pretty much get any drink you like.
3) Although food is distinctly average the majority of the time, it does have a few excellent qualities: every day there is freshly baked bread in LARGE quantities, at both lunch and supper staff freshly barbecue a selection of meat and fish, there is a good array of tasty, attractive puddings, and during the day the Turkish restaurant cooks flat-breads on the spot
4) There is always something to eat and food is available almost all the time, bar a few hours
5) What we loved were the 3 a la carte restaurants- Turkish, Italian and Fish. Within the space of a week you are permitted 3 a la carte sittings of your choosing (though I reckon you could get away with more). We only tried the Italian and the Turkish but they were both very nice- table service, 4/5 courses and a lovely break from the buffet. The Turkish was especially yummy and we couldn't quite believe that this was included in the price.
6) Regarding the price, we paid £380.00 for the week all-inclusive which is unbelievable for what it included
7) The pools are nice but by far the best place to spend your day is on the beautiful pier with fantastic views over the sea and a lovely breeze
8) Rooms are plain and simple but clean and comfortable
9) The views are fantastic
10) Has its own (though pebbly) beach and a water sports centre with free pedalo's and kayaks
1) The Turkish are notoriously tough and although the staff are friendly in general, the women are not quite as nice or helpful! Also many of the staff cannot speak adequate English so it is often quite hard to communicate with them
2) The food is pretty repetitive, but if you are a quantity over quality person then you will be in heaven
3) There is a lot of work going on at the moment as a new owner has taken over the hotel yet this did not particularly affect us
4) The amphitheatre is just in front of the main hotel and is rather noisy at night. However entertainment finishes at around 12 which suited us perfectly
5) There is no room service
6) It is half an hour or so from Bodrum so not very close, nor is it technically in Turgutreis
Overall this hotel is fantastic value and we could never fault it in terms of that. A couple more pointers about transport: If you can avoid Turkish Airlines, they don't appear to abide by any normal safety regulations in the sense that they do not check seat-belts/armrests and did not seem too bothered that people stood up when the seat-belt sign was on. Furthermore, at all costs please avoid Holiday Taxi's transfer from the airport. We had the most hideous transfers and to cut a long story short we were eventually led of the bus and put into a random car with three very dodgy Turkish men at midnight- we were not happy bunnies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the new name of holiday, the resort is built on the beautiful Bodrum Peninsula in Turgutreis-Kadıkalesi on a 108.000 m² large area, with a 40.000 m² large property. It has a private beach running along the turquoise Aegean Sea over a length of 1 km. With a 1220 Bed capacityYASMIN BODRUM RESORT works on Ultra All Inclusive basis and aims for all the guests to have a memorable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yasmin Resort Bodrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paloma Yasmin Hotel Turgutreis
- Yasmin Bodrum Hotel
- Yasmin Bodrum Resort
- Yasmin Hotel Bodrum
- Yasmin Resort Bodrum Turkey/Turgutreis