“Fantastic Value Hotel”

Yasmin Resort Bodrum
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I just got back from Yasmin Bodrum where I spent 1 week with my boyfriend, May-June 2013. We both had a fantastic week and highly recommend this resort! If you are a fairly fussy Brit like me but have got a tight budget then this hotel is perfect. Its value for money is second to none and I would say it is a 4* All Inclusive. Bear in mind this rating does not come under the same criteria as non-AIl Inc. hotels.

Here is a list of some pros and cons which I believe are the most informative way to deliver my review:

Pros:
1) Brilliant staff, very friendly and helpful. Johnny Depp from the Beach Bar, Caner from the Lobby Bar, and Emre from reception stood out for us!
2) Drinks are always available and there is no shortage of alcohol. The Beach Bar is open until 10pm and the Lobby Bar is open 24/7. If you want a specific cocktail remember to ask for e.g. a Mohito, Sex on the Beach as if you just ask for a cocktail they will make one up on the spot. You can pretty much get any drink you like.
3) Although food is distinctly average the majority of the time, it does have a few excellent qualities: every day there is freshly baked bread in LARGE quantities, at both lunch and supper staff freshly barbecue a selection of meat and fish, there is a good array of tasty, attractive puddings, and during the day the Turkish restaurant cooks flat-breads on the spot
4) There is always something to eat and food is available almost all the time, bar a few hours
5) What we loved were the 3 a la carte restaurants- Turkish, Italian and Fish. Within the space of a week you are permitted 3 a la carte sittings of your choosing (though I reckon you could get away with more). We only tried the Italian and the Turkish but they were both very nice- table service, 4/5 courses and a lovely break from the buffet. The Turkish was especially yummy and we couldn't quite believe that this was included in the price.
6) Regarding the price, we paid £380.00 for the week all-inclusive which is unbelievable for what it included
7) The pools are nice but by far the best place to spend your day is on the beautiful pier with fantastic views over the sea and a lovely breeze
8) Rooms are plain and simple but clean and comfortable
9) The views are fantastic
10) Has its own (though pebbly) beach and a water sports centre with free pedalo's and kayaks

Cons:
1) The Turkish are notoriously tough and although the staff are friendly in general, the women are not quite as nice or helpful! Also many of the staff cannot speak adequate English so it is often quite hard to communicate with them
2) The food is pretty repetitive, but if you are a quantity over quality person then you will be in heaven
3) There is a lot of work going on at the moment as a new owner has taken over the hotel yet this did not particularly affect us
4) The amphitheatre is just in front of the main hotel and is rather noisy at night. However entertainment finishes at around 12 which suited us perfectly
5) There is no room service
6) It is half an hour or so from Bodrum so not very close, nor is it technically in Turgutreis

Overall this hotel is fantastic value and we could never fault it in terms of that. A couple more pointers about transport: If you can avoid Turkish Airlines, they don't appear to abide by any normal safety regulations in the sense that they do not check seat-belts/armrests and did not seem too bothered that people stood up when the seat-belt sign was on. Furthermore, at all costs please avoid Holiday Taxi's transfer from the airport. We had the most hideous transfers and to cut a long story short we were eventually led of the bus and put into a random car with three very dodgy Turkish men at midnight- we were not happy bunnies.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dumbledorey22

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Just got back from a week here had a lovely experience, Ignore any bad reviews!
This hotel is in a lovely setting surrounded by palms right on the beach, the grounds are tiered down a hillside with all rooms overlooking the sea and gardens that lead down the hillside to the beach. The beach is a very narrow beach(literally) with only one long row of sun beds, The beach itself is a sandy/shingle beach.

There are plenty of sunbeds around and you have an added choice of bathing on the white painted jetty's and boardwalks as these also have loungers on them and have ladders into the sea, we were lucky enough to spot dolphins in the sea when we were sunbathing on the jetty! There are also big four postered huts with beds in which I believe have a half hourly waiter service to them but they weren't ready to use when we went and I think they are quite costly at 50 euros a day.

There are 2 good sized swimming pools, 1 which has music and entertainment around it and the other is a relaxing pool more for the adults to laze around.it can get a bit noisy around the entertainment one with music and kids etc so if you are looking for peace and quiet you won't find it here! if you do want quiet time you are best lounging on the jetty's it is very tranquil! in a separate location to these pools there are 4 good waterslides which fall into a small pool, there is no room for sunbeds around this pool so you literally have to stand and watch or join in. Clean towels are supplied everyday, thanks to Adnan who was our pool attendant and looked after us for our entire holiday, a really nice guy who is always smiling and friendly!

There is a water sports centre on the beach that do all the usual para sailing, canoeing, pedalos, banana boats etc and all non engine powered boats are free!

The hotel has 5 restaurants, the main restaurant is a buffet style which we did not find too bad the food was of very good quality, like many of these hotels they always seen to be more geared up for the russians etc so on a couple of occassions we seemed to have made meals out of some strange things, the good thing for us was that there always seemed to be chips and a chicken dish on offer. There is also a Turkish, Fish and Italian a la carte restaurant available which you have to book but is free and are very good especially the Turkish! You can also get burgers in the day from the snack bar and there is even a midnight snack at the main restaurant (which is basically warmed up leftovers from dinner)
If I had any reason to complain about the food it would be the fact that breakfast was difficult for English guests as there was plenty of breads but no toaster only a sandwich toaster, no croissants,crepes or scrambled eggs and we only found out towards the end of our stay that they will make fried eggs on request, there was plenty of salad and even 'broccoli' on one morning included in the vast array of food!! but nothing particularly English.

There are bars with all the restaurants and also a bar in the lobby and one by the pool so drinks are always close at hand but our favourite bar is definately the pool bar simply because of Savas the guy who works behind the bar, he is very entertaining when watching him make cocktails and a really friendly guy, he looked after us all week and we were never without a drink when around the pool area, I can highly recommend his baileys cocktail-Sweet orgasm and another called a J.J!

We stayed in a standard twin palace room that was supposed to sleep up to 4 which was 2 single beds pushed together and a small double sofa bed, it was adequate for us as we took only 1 daughter but I wouldn't recommend these rooms to family's of 4 as it would be a squeeze for 2 on the sofa bed! the room itself was big and had a bath/shower toilet, wash basin including shower gel and soap dispensers etc, there is also a fridge filled with cans of fizzy drinks and botted water which is replenished everyday.

While we was there we went on a boat trip to Turgetries market with Emre a( really funny guy that runs the boat trips in the hotel) the trip was great and we did see dolphins on the way! I would no way recommend the market at all, it was hot and everybody hassled us, we got ripped off twice and I found you could buy the same things in the shops in Turgetries without the hassle at the same prices, If you do happen to go on the markets I would suggest that you check inside your bags before walking away from a stall! We had an amazing Turkish Meze in a restaurant called 'Sunset' overlooking the harbour while we were there, well worth trying and cost less than £6 each.

There is entertainment at the hotel every night, they have a mini disco for kids and at 9.45pm is a show, a couple really worth seeing are the Mongolian circus and the Turkish dancing. After the shows there is live music from the hotel owner outside the lobby which was very repetitive but quite humerous listening to a Turkish version of Frank Sinatra's 'New york' maybe he should practice his English a bit!

Overall we had an amazing stay at this hotel and would recommend it, this hotel is great but more than this, what made it great for us was the friendly staff and we would like to say Thank you to those who went out of there way to make it special for us, we would come back to this hotel for this reason!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gingembre1963
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Executives and workers are the best ! They're helpful and kind. Above all Ismail Köseoğlu is very nice person and good worker. When have you a problem, report to him. He's really lovely and convivial That so important, when friendly staff that go out of their way to make your stay a good one. :) And this hotel have a very adept staff.
Marika Erdman.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marerd
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have just got back from a week at the Yasmin resort and it was on of the best holidays in have had!! The hotel was so clean and spacious and the food was excellent! The new jetty area was lovely and the toilets down near the beach were so clean. Denise on the entertainment team is a real gem :-) thank you to all the staff at the hotel who couldn't do enough for us!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 27sammyo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and I (British, early 30s) have just returned from a 5 night stay at this resort.

The resort is truly amazing. Always something to eat and drink and the staff are all so friendly, helpful and trying their best to make the holiday an enjoyable one. Any member of staff we spoke to during our stay made a point of coming over to us if they saw us again, to chat and laugh. We came to this resort without our little girl (first time leaving her) and seeing how great the resort is for kids made me upset and wish I had brought her along! We spent the first day trying to avoid kids and enjoy adult time. The 'relax' pool is the perfect place to do this. it is peaceful and rarely had children around. We got a little bored though and eventually spent all our time by the other pool where music was playing and the animation team were keeping everybody entertained. We loved the drinks which were available 24 hours in the lobby bar and until 10 at the pool bar. We had a lovely cocktail called Jay Jay made by one of the barmen at the pool bar, only he could make it though (he has spiky hair and told us his name was Johnny Depp!). Food was great and after breakfast the only time there was no food available was 11am-12 and 5-7 pm. There was so much varied delicious food though that you could survive those few hours without eating! The only time the food wasn't good was the late breakfast and the midnight snack. There wasn't alot of variety at these times and the food was mainly Turkish (if you aren't a typical Brit though and like to try something a bit different then I'm sure this wont be a problem!) its definitely worth getting up before 930 though for breakfast. Delicious. Omelettes, pancakes, fresh fruit as well as traditional Turkish breakfast and lots more. Food was different and delicious at every meal.

Rooms are clean and the view was amazing from our room. However they didn't appear to be soundproofed and i was woken most nights by people partying in adjacent rooms or outside. The lobby bar is open 24 hours so people were out all night. Our room was standard and in main building, maybe for a little extra cost other rooms are quieter?

The only thing which let us down was the beach which was very narrow and rocky. We didn't spend much time there which is a shame as we love walking along the beach on holiday and going in the sea. However the jetty's are great to relax on while admiring the amazing views. There were sun loungers everywhere when we went so had no problem finding somewhere to sunbathe. The entertainment in the evening was also great. There is a disco for kids at 9 which we didn't go to for obvious reasons but at 945 each evening there is a show put on by the animation team which was really good fun. I'm sure the shows get a bit samey if you are there longer but for 5 nights we enjoyed them, especially the Mongolian Circus. There was a BBQ in Turgetreis one night but we didn't want to leave the resort. We went through Gumbet on the way in which looked like a happening place, loads of bars and clubs (if your not boring like us and want to party)

The spa was great also, my husband had the best massage he has ever had he said and I enjoyed relaxing in the Sauna and floating in the saltwater indoor pool.

Overall a great holiday but I couldn't wait to get home and see my baby who we are definitely bringing with us next time! Thank you all at Yasmin Resort for making our stay so enjoyable..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank invisableballoon
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent my vacation great. the hotel is very good. I really liked the food and drinks. Service is very impressive. Restaurants and bars are great, and the staff in them is very polite and always smiling. I am very happy because I found this heavenly place. I found a lot of friends and I will be back there again.I would advise anyone wanting a memorable vacation to visit the hotel Yasmin.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank krasimira b
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Guest Relations Manager at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to share our happiness about your nice comments, on behalf of all Yasmin Bodrum Resort Team. We hope welcoming you soon again. Best Regards.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Had a excellent time away with the kids and wife (2Yr Sulaiman and 3Yr Aaliyah) The hotel itself has a very grand entrance and looks like a scene out of a movie! Lifts are available to access all parts of hotel so ease of access with buggy was perfect. Kids activities were great and kept the very entertained especially to Denise thank you very much you made my kids stay very memorable, kids disco was my daughters fav and once again Denise made my kids welcome and ensured they participated. Food in the resort was ok too with a great variety for all pallets. Excursion to various islands with Thomas Boat rides was a fab day out, special thanks to Emre and Erol for making the day worth while. The only negative is that the resort is in the middle of no where with shops and towns far away but there is shuttle service that takes you there for a small fee however for our holiday the resort packed enough entertainment to keep us all happy for the 7 days we were there. Staff were extra happy to bend over backwards to ensure your stay was exactly how you wanted it. Cant thank you enough for the best holiday ever. Will defo be coming back if I holiday to Turkey again

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank M12anf

Dear Guest, we are so happy to read your nice experiences about your holiday. It is very important for us to know, your KIDS had enjoyable time in YASMIN BODRUM RESORT. We are looking forward to welcoming you again next year. Best Regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
#7 of 53 in Turgutreis
Sundance Resort
Sundance Resort
#5 of 53 in Turgutreis

Been to Yasmin Resort Bodrum? Share your experiences!