“Fantastic family holiday, give it a try.”

Yasmin Resort Bodrum
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Turgutreis
“Fantastic family holiday, give it a try.”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I have often used TA for holiday research and feel compelled to write my first hotel review as I feel that some of the current reviews do not do the hotel justice and many are not a fair reflection of the hotels facilities or quality of service. I should add that this is our 4th time to a 5* all inclusive resort in Turkey in the past 4years so I feel that gives me a little experience to give a balanced review.
Firstly, there is a new management company running the resort this season, therefore please pay no heed to last seasons reviews ( I was extremely concerned before we left and I did not need to be). What I will say about the new management is that they are eager and enthusiastic to get things right quickly. You often see management spot checks at the buffet, alacartes, bars and shows to make sure everything is as it should be. That alone shows a commitment that things are just going to get better and better. It is true that there are a few things that could be improved like information of the facilities available on site, map of the site, how to book the restaurants but I am sure this will be being attended to (the place opened on May 1st and we visited on the 19th to give some perspective).
Rooms
We stayed in the Hotel or Palace Rooms as they are known and were very happy with our rooms which have been refurbished for the new season. Very generous size, great wardrobe space, super comfortable bed and pillows all well looked after by the housekeeping staff. Also the Dove hand wash and Lux shampoo/shower gel was a nice and the hair dryer had a good amount of power which is very unusual but most welcome. To be fair the only thing I could criticise is the slightly noisy air con. The view from the balcony was truly stunning.
Buffet was good quality and abundant. The kitchen appears to run like clockwork.
Breakfast - omelette and pancakes cooked to order. Cold meat, cheese salad and olive galore, lots of delicious fresh bread and variety of sweet pastries, yogurts and jams. They installed a honey dispenser just as we were leaving which looked good too.
Lunch - like a mini dinner service. With perhaps one main meat/fish on the griddle.
Dinner - Perhaps a little geared towards the Russians with more stewed meat dishes and boiled veg dishes than I would like but there was so much choice that it wasn't actually an issue. The Turkish night was a food highlight, it should have been marketed really.. Good selection of mini desserts although surprisingly I only managed to find some of my favourite Baklava twice in a fortnight stay! Turkish a la carte excellent, Seafood, below par with average quality produce and bad service (to be fair this was down to one waiter only), Italian/Mediterranean nice but nothing special.
One little thing about food service was getting drinks for the table. The management should investigate a new way of serving wine to the table, the poor hardworking and fast barman would struggle to keep up
with demand and it will only get worse as the hotel gets busier. Perhaps move to serving carafes or half carafes instead of half glasses of wine. Please take note of the Food & Beverage manager- always on shift but I have forgotten your name!
Bars
Bar staff are amazing. Savas/Jonny Depp at the Pool Bar looked after us very well and even brought my husband the odd beer round the pool when he looked thirsty, he was like my 2 yr old sons adopted uncle! Caner in the Lobby Bar was fab too and deserves a special mention. Any cocktail you fancied was made and the wine was the best we have tried of all other 5* we have visited.
Kids stuff
My kids enjoyed the kids club and spending time with Denise. The Russian and Ukrainian girls did a great job too, especially as there were a few unruly Russian kids in there! The beautiful Mercan deserves a special mention also and it was lovely spending time with her in the kids club and round the pool and bar. Also please note the kids can only get ice cream at lunchtime and dinner in the main restaurant. Please say please and thank you to the ice cream lady, she has the patience of a saint! The kids pool is small so you should get there early.
Entertainment
They have a nice entertainment team but it appears to be a little under funded compared to other places we have visited. Main shows were
A Turkish show and Mongolian Circus from external suppliers, the rest were the usual Mr Yasmin, Miss Yasmin and some slapstick comedy geared towards the Turkish and Russians. Please be aware that these shows are on a weekly schedule and not fortnightly.
Spa/hair/nails
Husband had a very thorough Turkish shave and I had a pedicure. All good as well as having a bit of a chat with the hairdresser sales guy.
Thomas Boat guys were nice and no pressure to sell. Even bumped into them a couple of times in Turgetreis and had a drink in their friends bar. The guests are mainly Turkish, Russians, Eastern Europeans, yes a few are rude, probably the same as some Brits abroad though.
All in all a fantastic, memorable and good value for money holiday that I have already recommended to my friends. The staff are warm and welcoming and can't do enough for you. This place is worth serious consideration for your next holiday.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Cheekymonkeychops

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I am female, 20 years old, from the UK and went as a couple just so you know whose opinion you are considering.

CHECK IN:
We arrived at 1am, friendly greeting, explained everything, taken to our room in the 'myndos rooms' (on hill) by a golf buggy and had help with our luggage.

ROOM:
VERY HAPPY with room. Modern interior. Big wardrobe. Fridge with FREE mini bar items (coke, water, sprite, etc - all REFILLED for free during stay). Modern shower/bath. Breathtaking view - we had a view of both the pools and of the beach/ sea (our room was 1316).

POOLS:
So many pools (indoor & outdoor). We spent the first few days around the 'activity pool' which did water aerobics, pool games, water polo etc. We then moved on to the 'relax pool' as the sunbeds were closer to the pool and generally it was less busy.

LOCATION:
The hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere BUT for someone who has never gone all inclusive before this did not phase me when I saw what the hotel had to offer. They have their own beach with its own pier which offers FREE kayaks and pedalos. They have their own amphitheatre which hosts shows every night at 9.45pm, followed by live music on the lobby terrace. They have a gorgeous lobby bar where you can relax with a drink.

FOOD:
I was extremely scared as this was my first all inclusive holiday but was pleasantly surprised. TRUE the food is mostly catered towards eastern Europeans BUT me and my partner always found something to eat as they have so many options (huge salad bar, cheese and meat station, choice of loads of fresh bread, assortments of potatoes, rice, pasta dishes, meat dishes, etc). The dessert stand was amazing - the chocolate cake is delicious. They also have 3 a la carte restaurants on site (Italian, Turkish and fish). Me and my partner went to the Italian twice and the Turkish once - both very nice. You can go to all three, people saying you only get to go once is NONSENSE.

ENTERTAINMENT:
There are a team of around 10 staff who do all entertainment (pool and night time). Every night at 9.45pm they put on a show at the amphitheatre - they are very cringey BUT good fun and we always found ourselves laughing whether it be their intention or not. The team are up for making a fool of themselves and I think this is highly commendable after working ALL DAY around the pool in the hot sun.

AREA;
Not much to do in the direct area however every Saturday in Turtegreis they hold a big open market (hotel offers return shuttle for 5euros pp). They sell a lot of fake merchansise - converse, prada bags, ray bans, etc. Worth a visit and I loved all the haggling.

PEOPLE:
YES it is mostly Russians but they have just as much right to be there as we do so I do not understand all the complaints. Staff are good. You DO NOT get treated as second class citizens if you are from the UK in fact we felt like we bonded more with people and staff because in general they are intrigued by us.

:) I would recommend this hotel. I probably would not go back but ONLY because I prefer to try new places rather than return to places I have been.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sammyjimboo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Hotel does not provide good service to UK guests, it is overrun with Russians. The staff do not speak or understand English very well which makes it difficult to gain information. We had several issues at this holiday:

1) hotel room description is incorrect on travel republic website. We booked a sea view double with balcony in te main building on ultra all inclusive. When we checked in we had a shared balcony with 4 other rooms and other guests towels and pants outside our room. There was no patio furniture either. There was also a leak in the bathroom coming through the ceiling and dripping through the light fitting. We requested a room change and after an hour of arguing we're moved the following day to a twin room with a small French balcony - however the hotel were insisting that this was an upgrade on wht we had booked.

2) shuttle transfers are not good value or money as the hotel is described as 1 hur transfer from bodrum airport. After an hour waiting for the coach to fill we departed bodrum airport after an hour we were dispersed onto minibuses we were told to "make our transfer quicker" we had a number of drop offs and the driver was clearly lost as we drove round in circles a number of times. 3 hours later we eventually arrived at jasmin bodrum having missed our last opertunating to get any food as it was too late .

3) the hotel boasts 3 al la carte restaurants however what they fail to inform you is that you can only visit these restaurants once in a week. There is only 2 main dishes to choose from however it is better than the slop that was served in the buffet restaurant

4) entertainment - if you like to sleep this hotel is not for you loud music played until 1am tip if you pay extra for club rooms rather then main building as it might not seem as loud. Entertainment included bingo nights which was an extra charge .... Hardly entertainment!

5) monarch airlines pay for extra legroom in advance if you are 5'9" of above as this is the smallest plane I have ever travelled on. No entertainment on board and food/drink expensive so my advice take it with you. Toilets water stopped working 10 mins into the flight so take hand gel in case!
If you have an option f flights pay extra for a different airline

Overall - hotel is in the middle of nowhere up a very steep hill however there is a shuttle bus for £5 takes 20 mins in turguries or £10 to bodrum takes about 40 mins well worth it much more to see and market on Tuesdays cheap shopping if you haggle!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawlabub
Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We was in Yasmin Resort Bodrum with family for 10 days this year in May. This hotel is amazing! Wonderful views, very helpful, responsitive, smiling and extremely polite stuff! Rooms were lovely! Pools and every other place in the hotel was very clean an tidy! Restorants and bars were realy great! Food was always appealing to the eye , fresh and very, very tasty! I would like to draw your attention to manager Mr.Ismail Koseoglu! He is a man, devoted entirely to his work. He is a person, who cares every tourist to stay with wonderful impressions and nothing is missing during the stay of all guests in Yasmin Resort! Mr. Koseoglu is a man, for whom it does not matter whether it is day or night - he was always in the service of all tourists! Нeartily wish good health to him and to all the staff of Yasmin Resort, and wish them good health and let many tourists to enjoy their humanity and warm smiles! We realy enjoyed our holiday! This 10 days in Yasmin was for us the most unique and unforgettable vacation ever!!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Emilia A
Uckfield, East Sussex
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We have just returned from spending 2 weeks at this resort and had one of our best holidays ever.
The complex was a lot bigger than we expected, we were at the end of the 6th floor so quite a walk to the beach but we treated that as our daily exercise and am sure they would have been moved us if we had complained.
The first thing I would like to point out is that this hotel is in Turkey and all hotels in Turkey have lots of Russians, Turkish people (it is their country after all), Eastern Europeans who are in the majority and British are in the minority although there were quite a few of us. Some are very rude and will push in but we never had any real problems and you have to remember that British youngesters have a very bad press for rudness in Spain etc.
The buffet was certainly magnificant for lunch and dinner. There was a huge amount of choice, never seen so many salads etc. but again, they are catering more for the majority and not the minority. There was always something to find to eat and if you do not like that then the snack bar is open from 12-6 where you can have burgers, salad, chips, pasta and make toasted sandwiches. A lot of people found this good for feeding their children rather than giving them a late meal.
We went to the 3 a l'carte restaurants and found them a nice change from the buffet and was more catered to European tastes and were very good. Don't be persuaded into buying a bottle of wine, just ask for the AI, no problem.
The lobby bar is open 24 hours so we always went to bed later than we would have as we were having such a good time. The bar staff do not ignore the British, quite the opposite as we are more pleasant to them than some of the others so we never had any problems getting a drink and they were never stingy as some hotels are.
The best bar of all was 'SAVAS' bar, (pool bar) Oh Savas, you really made our holiday. You are such a lovely man, so happy and made edveryone feel special and liked to make special cocktails for us all, we met lots of lovely people at this bar and we spent every night there.
Entertainment, the boss likes to sing so he did about 4 night a week but we all had a good dance and a laugh and there was good intertainment in the amphitheater every night which was also very good.
All in all, you need never spend a penny in this hotel, everything is included. You do not have to pay for the safe in your room, you can get expresso coffee, mojito's are also included. There is ice cream at lunch.
We have only mention 1 person but there was so manyh others that I would be here all day, the entainment staff were wonder, so friendly and one lovely man in particular always came and asked me to same and we had such a laugh.
If any of you are reading this report, we were affectionally known as Mummy,Daddy by a lot of the staff.
We are very well travelled and would say that all in all, this is one of the best holidays we have every had. You can always find something to complain about, if you are that way inclined, but we prefer to look for the good things and not let silly things spoil our holiday. We have make some, hopefully, life long friends here so just ignore the bad reports and they are not of the majority. We had such a wonderful time here and would recommend it totally.
It is isolated but you can get transport from the hotel or a bus from the top to Tutigaris or Bodrum. Most of the rooms have a beautiful sea view, what more could you ask for.
We would like to thank all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gillymadam
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have just retuned from a week's stay at this resort and I literally couldn't fault it. The staff went out of their way to help you and always had a smile on their faces!

There was a huge variety of food in the main buffet restaurant and everything was really fresh. The food in the three on site restaurants was also great and you can eat once at all of these during your stay. My friend and I never had any trouble finding sun loungers, and spent most of our time by the main relaxation pool, but the private beach and the jetty were beautiful.

The evening entertainment was also great, and there was something for everyone. We stayed in the club rooms which are set up the hill from the main hotel, and I would recommend choosing these rooms if you can walk up steep hills and a few steps as the views are amazing and it is a little bit more peaceful at night.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great all inclusive break in Turkey, and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank karenmcghie1
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had very pleasant time during my holidays. I spent two weeks in Yasmin Resort Bodrum. I really appreciate good service, helpful staff, alwyas smiling people and very friendly manager İsmail as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Agnieszka B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
Bodrum Imperial
Bodrum Imperial
#3 of 13 in Akyarlar
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews

Been to Yasmin Resort Bodrum? Share your experiences!