“Mind blowing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Yasmin Resort Bodrum
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
“Mind blowing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I have never been to turkey before and when our travel agent showed us the Yasmin resort we couldn't say no! This plac isn't for people who want to go out clubbing every night as this resort is in a lovely quiet location with thei own entertainment.

When we went and checked into our room the staff was lovely! Showing us around and making sure everything is okay. We had a balcony and the view takes yor breath away. There was no disappointment there. We had a lovely big cosy bed, which was a struggle to get out sometimes as it was so comfy! The rooms was kept spotless aswell as the staff being ever so friendly when they came and down it.

I really don't no how people can moan about the food, they even done chicken nuggets for people who don't no what experimenting with other food is like. There was such a variety. It as nice not having much English food and trying something new to be honest. In the morning you could have a omelette or a egg with lots of choices of bread to have it with. The cheeses and the ham was lovely, especially with the croissants. The waiters were very friendly and was never too much hassle for them to sort you a table outside where you can find a little cat that would kindly sit there and enjoy the sun. You had a choice of eating inside and outside, outside was a little harder if you wanted a view seat as it was so popular to sit. But inside was just as nice with lovely lighting and a good atmosphere.

The beach was lots of fun, you can happily relax and just pop into one of the restaurants and get yourself a snack or get yourself to do some water sports! Me and my boyfriend went on the jet ski's an had so much fun. You can do 20 minutes which doesn't like a long time but we felt like it was going forever we swapped turns and lots of fun hitting the waves! Staff again was very friendly and chatty. I realised at the beach the fish around you will eat absolutely eat anything! Especially the kebabs they done. The water was clear and the beach kept clean with staff checking regularly for empty glasses or plates.

The entertainment at the resort as quite a mixture me and my partner actually visited a polish/Russian quiz night. (What we worked out while watching) we don't speak a work of polish but it was good fun trying to figure out what was going on. The amphitheatre is where most of the entertainment took place. The first night we went down there and had comedy, the Turkish assume our humour is it a bit naughty so that's what they went for. Was completely bonkers but good fun! Then we had some Mongolians another night doing some crazy acts! Jumping in the air bending every part of their body and just waiting for a accident I happen. The crowd loved it and I did aswell something you don't forget in a long time! The animation team was such lovely people! Their English was amazing! Probably better than mine intact. As always up for a laugh and really got the crown going. I would love to see them all again.

In the resort you had downstairs a spa, shop, clothing shop with accessories, gym and a spa! I didn't use the gym as I much preferred eating the food and going on the beach but the gym was in full use every time I walked past. The lady who worked in the shop was very friendly even though her English wasn't as good she was pleasant. Lots of things to choose from! The spa was absolutely amazing! Me and my partner has the Turkish bath the second night we was here and oh my god I loved every single minute of it! You have to do it. Normally you get a man and a lady but me and my partner both got ladies but they was so friendly efficient and funny, it was relaxing but still manage to have a good laugh and conversation.

The resort had a beach club house and a little club downstairs. Both was good fun when you have met a couple of people, the music was varied and there was someone always there to get you a cheeky drink I loved the whole atmosphere! On the last night of our stay they even done a 'white people's party' playing music which got everyone up! Yet again the animation team done brilliant!

Last not least I have to thank the staff what made it so brill for me and my partner! Everyone of the staff will make you lovely bright cocktail. My partner enjoyed the beer they had there and the wine. People moaning they have to pay for brand drinks! Well of coarse you do. I didn't see nothing wrong with their brand still went down well and it comes freeeeee! It was lovely to get to know some of the staff clearly showing how hard they work and how polite they are. I was talking to two of the staff marten and denzil and they were both just brill! Very friendly people and showing them English and them showing us Turkish was lots of fun when you have no idea how long there words are! I will never forget my experience at the Yasmin resort and never forget the staff. Thank you for making this the best holiday and I will see you soon!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nicole P
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Nicole,
Thank you for nice comments about our resort. We are looking forward to welcome you in very near future. Best Regards from Bodrum.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

As a couple we really enjoyed this hotel! The views were great, staff and guests were friendly and the weather was fabulous!

The a'la carte restaurants (Italian & Turkish) were lovely! The main restaurant for breakfast and dinner were good but not amazing, but hey, it isn't the Ritz! It depends on your expectations and taste really. I was able to always find something tasty. For breakfast, I had fruit and some of their homemade pancakes which were lovely. There was also yoghurt, cheeses, breads, eggs, etc...Sorry bacon and sausage lovers, there were none as it is a Muslim country!
Dinner had an array of choice such as pasta, noodles, chicken, fish, salad, cheeses, home made hash browns, veg etc...

Beach

Mainly pebbly the beach was, but we spent most of our holiday on the beautiful long pier. People with young children or anyone really, if you're walking around barefoot, be careful as you could catch some nasty splinters from the wooden jetty. The pier that is painted white is fine though.

Regarding beach towels, if you go to the reception, request some beach towels and then take them to the towel hut which is by the lower pool where all the water activities take place. You will then receive your towels. When you have finished with them, return the towels to the hut, collect your cards back and you can get some fresh ones the next day- that's what we did anyway.

Boat Trip

The Thomas boat trip was very good, great value for money, lovely lunch which was included but you have to pay for your alcohol. If you enjoy swimming in the sea, there are plenty of places to swim when they stop the boat, but please please please BE CAREFUL when swimming where the wishing cave is- or don't swim there at all. The one man warns you saying do not go on the rocks, they are dangerous- so we thought of course, you could slip on them. As I was swimming out to the cave, the waves became quite strong and I got hit onto the rocks and held on. I got back on the boat feeling sick, dizzy and my hip hurt tremendously. The man said it will go within 2-3 hours, 2-3 hours had past and the doctor at the hotel sent me to the hospital and I was on a drip for nearly 5 hours-on painkillers and antibiotics and hot compressions. It turns out the rocks poison the human flesh. NOT PLEASANT!

Room

Everything was great!!

Cats
A beautiful little tortoiseshell kitten down by the pier/Turkish restaurant is gorgeous! I have called her Mabel and she has started to answer to that, so if any British cat lovers are venturing to this hotel, please feed her- she loves some water, ham and her favourite snack is cheese. It's such a shame she isn't neutered, she is gorgeous! She also purrs when you hug her. It's such a shame, she would make a lovely house cat! Please look after her, and if you don't like cats then there is no need to shoo her away!!! All she needs is some food and love.

Happy holidays! X

Room Tip: If you don't like walking up and down steep hills; it's best to try to have a room located i...
1 Thank Alicia Grace C
Dear Alicia,
Thank you for your very helpfull review. Our sundecks on pier is being checked upon your comment.
We hope to see you next year in our resort.

Important note for all our cat lover guests; we kindly request you to not to feed stray animals for their own good , please remember, once they get used to be fed and pet, they will have more difficulities when summer season is over and all travellers will be back at their home.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Us: Male (32) Female (29)

Its difficult to write a review when some of the guests were sold it as a 5 star and others as a 3 star plus.

If its a 3 star plus then its very good

If its a 5 then it isn't.

Working staff were fantastic, pool staff, bar staff, cleaners, animation team.
They work extremely hard, and are subjected to rudeness from management and some nationalities (remain nameless)

Slight issue with some nationalities who don't appear to que for anything, or share the all inclusive food. I wouldn't have been surprised if I saw 4 men carrying out the whole desert table back up to their room. If you catch my drift.

Hotel needs to employ more staff, bar often very busy with one member of staff serving. Not their fault!
Bit of free for all with the food and drinks. Unlike a proper 5 star where staff have an element of control, with dress policies and seating arrangements.

If your used to dressing smart for dinner, table service, as well as people taking your drinks order at your lounger and very few drunk people around, this isn't the hotel for you.

If you not that fussed with manners of other guests and are patient in a semi-que, then this hotel wont disappoint. Plently too do, and lots of choice on how to spend your day and where to eat and relax.

Tips for hotel
Employ more staff, at least 30% more as I felt that I wasn't able to fully utilise my all-inclusive experience with food and drink. A guest should never walk away from the bar due to feeling sorry for the staff due to endless line of people baying for a drink. One member of staff in a hotel lobby bar is not enough and screams of cost cutting, penny pinching. Its a business I know, but you should be satisfying the paying guest. It did at times sadly feel as though it was like this. if there is a massive que for the coffee machine with nationalities who don't know what queing is and some that do, its always spells trouble. Solution = turn on the other 3 that are next too it, yes, its more money less profit, but it does make people more relaxed and that's the whole point of a holiday isn't it. Sometimes I thought Id rather be on my daily commute in rush hour London underground when at the bars and restaurant.

I did enjoy myself though despite the little gripes. This hotel has so much potential with the landscape portfolio at its disposal. Part of this review I guess is a little bit of frustration about how good it could be.

Room Tip: We were in the main bit of the hotel. Others were quite far in 3 storey appartments detached from th...
1 Thank J D
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and tips for hotel management. All of your comments are very valuable for us to improve our services. Regarding to star calssman we would like to clear that our resort is sold in 5* classman for all of our guests.

Best Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our stay in this hotel was fantastic it was clean and the staff are so friendly the food and beverage director Ismail Koseoglu and his team where outstanding and really friendly Thankyou for making our stay a truly brilliant experience

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sophie,Thank you foryour comments about our staff. All your compliments are shared with our F&B Manager Mr. Köseoğlu and his team.
Hope to welcome you very soon again.
Tehran
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We (two families) arrived to the hotel in 18 Septamber 2013.
The air conditions were out of work!!! when we aske the reception, they told us "it's ok and we will repair this problem but during two or three days we had that problem and it was too hot!. The reality was another thing! "they had cut off the cooling system because saving money!!!" We told them several times, but they told us "Please be patient"!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Behzad M
Dear Behzad M.;
Thank you for your comment about our resort. As Yasmin Bodrum Resort Management team we want to esure you that, air conditioning system never was / will be cut off on purposes of cost saving. Regarding air conditioning issue at your room, we want you to know that we are very sorry about the technical problem has occured during your stay.

Best regards.
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My review is a forthright but honest review. I am not somebody who moans for moaning sake; as I hope you will agree after reading all below, as well as comparing with other reviews I have made on other occasions. This hotel unfortunately would not meet British or American standards of what you would expect from a 5* hotel. I hope my comments will be helpful both to travellers and management alike and that necessary improvements are made.

First impressions

We arrived after an excellent flight with Monarch but following an awful transfer from Cosmos’ chosen transfer agent. The transfer took two hours. We were last of the 6 drop off points and had to endure two hours travelling from one drop off to the other across endless speed bumps without air conditioning. We thought the small coach probably had air-conditioning, but that the driver chose for a reason best known to himself, not to have it running. This only added to the uncomfortableness of the journey.

On arrival at reception the hotel foyer looked roomy, clean and airy. We checked in and were advised to go and get something to eat from the hotel’s midnight snacks set up in the restaurant, which we did while waiting for some of the other guests to be helped to check in and ferried to their rooms. This was our first experience of the food, which unfortunately, was not good as food meant to be ‘hot’ food was cold. We put this down to the time of our arrival; had a few bread rolls and a drink and went back to check in to await our buggy to our room.

We were helped up to our room via the golf buggy vehicles which continually help guests up and down throughout the day, and were fabulous; never having to wait more than a couple of minutes for one. They were so needed to easily negotiate the inclines of the club rooms. We were shown to our room by a helpful driver and settled in for the night. One of the first ‘shocks’ was the dirty toilet, which needed a good scrubbing with toilet cleaner or bleach (of which there was none to hand). Secondly, there were dust and hairs scattered around the floor and it was apparent that the room had not been cleaned to a good standard. Not a good start to our five star experience.

The next day we opened the curtains and had our second shock and disappointment… the view. We had booked a sea view and although we could see the sea, we could also see two sides of others concrete walls! We complained the next day about the state of the cleanliness and lack of full sea view. We were not expecting the hanging gardens of Babylon… but a sea view booking, should mean a sea view! The hotel management did offer to move us, albeit after midday the following day.

Our first proper meal was lunch on the first day. There was a large array of salad, and mixed meats and cheese and all set out really nicely and looked appealing. I had one of the meat stews of which there was a good choice; of lamb, chicken and beef every day with rice and pasta. We chose a lovely table outside so we could enjoy the beautiful view from the restaurant. Third shock/disappointment… once again what was supposed to be hot food… was only luke-warm.

Sunbathing areas

The beach although pebbly, had lovely views; and first impressions were really positive. Getting sunbeds was however not easy. Despite there being notices around the hotel not to block sunbeds; all and sundry must have been getting up at 8 a.m. and doing just that; as towels were draped across mostly all. This could be said for all on the jetty and the pool areas too. As the week went on, things did improve, as guests were leaving for home and there did not seem to be equal amounts of new influxes which was helpful. The sunbed/guest ratio around the pool was not adequate, with a distinct shortfall when the hotel is fully booked with guests.

The surrounding area

The nearest town Turgutreis, is a good 3-5 km away and therefore transport to the town is essential. There is a massive incline up to the main road from the hotel and while we assumed the golf buggies would probably take guests up to the main road, we did not know for sure, so chose alternative transport on all occasions we escaped from the hotel’s confines. The dolmus stop on the main road, costs a mere 2.5TL (less than £1) that goes to the town and I believe onward to Bodrum if you can trust yourselves to find your way back from either destination via dolmus. We didn’t, so chose to go to the market on a Saturday via boat. The boat was booked via sales guys who peruse the beach and the pool regularly. Highly recommended, the company was called Thomas Boats and have a lovely comfortable boat with large cushions on deck to relax on. Well worth the £7 or so for the two of us. We also booked the south island tour with the same company, which again was a fabulous day with lunch and plenty of stop offs for swimming and snorkelling.

Suggested improvements for management

Please get your policy on sunbeds made clearer and stick to it. Suggest, that an employee regularly monitors their usage and clears out those left with towels on for more than a couple of hours; freeing up the beds for others.

Clarity is needed over what is, and what isn’t a sea view. I think the best policy is to charge extra for full sea view and lesser for partial and nothing extra for non sea views. Then you would not get the multitudes wanting to change rooms hoarded in reception complaining.

Ensure that hot food, is KEPT HOT. We checked the temperatures on the heaters on several occasions and then were, below 63 degrees on almost all occasions.

Improve on the cleanliness standard of the rooms. Have regular CLOSE inspections. We met friends at the hotel who kindly let us use their room for showering on what was our departure day. Their toilet was also disgusting and I know it was not them, as they had only changed rooms for the much desired “sea view” that morning!

Good points
Air conditioning in rooms was quiet and very efficient.
Views from full sea view rooms was amazing
Staff on the whole were friendly enough and attentive. Tip the waiters in the restaurant with the odd 5 lira note, well worth the improved attention.

Overall our experience should have been 5 Star, but unfortunately the grade was not met on this occasion.

Room Tip: Ensure at check-in that if you have booked a sea view that is what you are getting, you can't pr...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank barneythedog
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest comments about your experiences in our resort. Kindly be informed that, all reviews from our geusts are taken very serious, to improve our resort and be able to provide you a better service.
Hope to welcome you again in Yasmin Bodrum Resort.
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Rooms were fine and clean. The building is quite old but clean. The best thing about this hotel is the nature around it. It has a really good sea and we have heard that the sea is with blue flag. After a few days after we get into hotel and when the hotel get crowded due to aid holiday meals have became a nightmare, there were so many variety but none of them was good. Also, It has a good animation team.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your detailed comments about our meal service. As per your comments all regarding departments has been informed to provide you a much better service in the future.

Kind regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#15 of 100 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,061 reviews

Been to Yasmin Resort Bodrum? Share your experiences!