“SHAME” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Diss, United Kingdom
“SHAME”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Having been given this hotel 2 days before arrival ( arrived 25.10) , by Cosmos as the previous 2 hotels we had booked closed early , I looked up the hotel and.....WOW.
I do realise that it was the end of the season and that we may suffer a few hiccups...BUT
First the hotel expected my 13yr old son and 10 yr old daughter to share a double bed, and although the hotel was well below full occupancy they could not offer us another room, instead they gave us a fold up single bed that just about squeezed into the remaining space in the corner.
The next couple of days the food was minimal, I had Turkish meatballs that were raw in the middle, and I mean red raw, I pointed it out to the chef who just shrugged his shoulders, one of the waiters did have the decency to apologise for his actions. The bars were running out of soft drinks and spirits. No ice bream for desserts for the kids. One morning I walked into the area where you could cook toast only to see bats paw marks all over the worktops. Several of us had a meeting with the management the next morning. She apologised and said that things would improve and that the food would have the wow factor as it should have done. She apologised for the ice cream and admitted that it was the hotels fault, and that the bars should never run out of drinks as they are all in stock. She also said that there would be staff at the waterslides as there should have been, but for some reason the was not. She also spoke to the head Chef re the raw meatballs who said that they were ok to eat raw????
So fair enough the next couple of days did improve as promised, the food had the wow factor, there was even a chef show cooking stir fries and pasta dishes. the bars were fully stocked, ice cream reappeared, a wide selection of fresh fruit appeared ( rather that just apples and oranges), there was staff at the waterslides, kayaks appeared on the beach... a vast improvement . Even the management were seen walking round....happy days (well2 of them)
The was no entertainment for the kids, the evening 'entertainment' was on 2 night, one live band and a quiz ( not 5 star). There was no poolside activities until we complained and they bought the darts out...
After 2 days the management disappeared and the food and drink went back into decline. The staff were gradually closing the hotel for winter as we were sitting there.
We felt surplus to requirement.
I don't like complaining but we paid to notch money for this week ( being school half term) and feel that we did not get anywhere near value for money.
It is a shame as it is a lovely hotel, it was very clean, the room was cleaned every day, and could not fault the hotel.
I am sure at the height of the season it would be great but from the experience I am not sure that I would go back to find out.
Overall we regret ever having had this holiday

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ian C
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments about our resort and service. As per your comments all regarding departments has been informed to provide you a much better service in the future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ivybridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked late for our holiday in August for two weeks. We are a family of four and we had a fantastic holiday. The staff were brilliant. Everywhere was clean and the food was excellent. The animation team were friendly and did a good job at getting people involved. The pool bar was really friendly Savas was lovely but the hotel should make more use of this bar evenings with such brilliant staff working there. We did have a problem with the air con in one room but it was sorted quickly. I'm sure people look for things to complain about!

'

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicola C
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Nicola;

Thank you for the nice feed back about your stay in our resort, hope to welcome you back in Summer 2014!
Best Reagards,
Yasmin Bodrum Resort Team
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Where lovelier to be in late October than Turkey where temperatures remain in the mid to late 20s? I find it amazing that this week marks the end of the season but, like many hotels, the Yasmin is barely a fifth occupied which is a crying shame because this is a jewel of a hotel beautifully positioned on the coast. It is one we happened upon by researching trip advisor like so many others after our hotel of choice decided to shut early and we were less than enthused with the alternative we were presented with.

I write this review on the beach front at least 200 yards from the main hotel building and the wifi signal is strong and reliable and free - our daughters found likewise when on a jetty nearer 400 yards out - amazing but true! The beach is sandy shingly and the sea crystal clear and cushioned loungers and parasols are in abundance.

We arrived after a circa 80 minute transfer from Bodrum late in the evening and were greeted with friendly staff at reception and a man who took our bags and cases, gave us a brief guide and showed us to our rooms which, as requested were next to each other in the main building and with a fantastic view of the sea. The rooms are of good size and presentation with comfortable beds, plenty of storage, lovely powerful showers with consistent temperature, safe, tv and mini fridge.

The all inclusive package includes bottled water and a modest array of cans in the fridge. I would imagine some form of wrist band set-up exists in the height of season but this is not the case as the season comes to a close. The entertainment staff appear to have finished already but there are some fun water slides for children and adults alike open daily from 10-12 and 2-4. Cards are provided when you check in which you exchange for beach towels as and when you need them.

I know we British can be a little fussy about food and it it those with the most traditional of British tastes that are invariably a little disappointed. I would say the array at breakfast time is a little limited but there is bread and cereal for those not wishing to be a little adventurous. Forget a traditional "full English" but then (as those who often correct those who criticise) you must remember this is Turkey and not the local "greasy spoon". Lunch and certainly evening food is better with plenty of choice for mains and ice cream for those who prefer not to try the traditional Turkish desserts. Snack times in the days offer burger gaps and chips for those peckish between meals.

The market in Turgutreis on Saturday is as impressive if not more so than the one in Bodrum on Tuesdays and is a 3.50 TL dolmas ride per person each way from the main road at the top of the hill some 200 yards up from the main hotel reception.

Returning to the all inclusive package, this extends to most non branded drinks and is sufficiently comprehensive although some waiters appear to have some odd ideas when creating some cocktails. I believe the bars are 24/7. The hotel also has an Italian, Turkish and fish restaurant which can be booked in reception.

Overall we are delighted to have picked this hotel. It is in a beautiful setting, staff are friendly (especially if you try some simple Turkish phrases such as you can readily find for thank you, please, good morning, etc), the all inclusive package is good and offers good value. By local standards it is worthy of its star rating and we would certainly consider a return visit. We are grateful for trip advisor and hopefully you will find this review simply confirms the overall positive views you may have read elsewhere for the Yasmin.

Happy holiday!

Room Tip: The palace rooms facing the sea are the rooms of choice on floor level 4 or above.
12 Thank Penarth_Clan
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking your time to leave a detailed review about our resort. We will be happy to welcome you again in Yasmin Bodrum Resort.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I can't thank Thomson or the entire team at Yasmin Bordum for such a fantastic holiday! We did 7 days, didn't want to leave and neither did many of the friends we met! We were originally booked into the Camel Beach Club but after deciding they'd close early for the season, Thomson moved us to Yasmin and what a touch we had. Far better than anything we could have ever hoped for! I had my reservations about going to Turkey, as a young gay couple (girls) I was nervous of people's reactions, but bar a few filthy looks from some families (Turkish I believe) everyone treated us as they did everybody else, so this made us feel great.

Arriving very late in the night we were met by a great Thomson rep and good check-in staff, quick and easy check-in and on first impression the hotel looked grand! We had a little wait for our bags to get to the room, but bless him it looked like only one chap doing it. I'd have happily taken my own up but they insisted...we did just want to get into bed though! First impression of the room, amazing! Very modern, very clean and very spacious! Nice big bath tub and a free mini bar (no alcohol tho ;-) )

After a decent nights sleep we woke up to glorious sunshine and an absolutely spectacular view of the beach and the jettys in the distance. We were in the main building up on the top (6th) floor, and that's where I'd want to be next time too. A lot of people recommend the club rooms but ours was just perfect! The rooms were cleaned every day, except one 'cos we were in there and told her not to worry; it was a day of rain so we played Monopoly in bed all day! Annoyingly we had a Turkish family one side of us, who insisted on shouting at their small child at 7am every morning, or singing to it, or throwing a ball for it, or clapping at it. annoying!!! Mentioned it to our rep, but I didn't want to be THAT person to really complain so we decided to play them at their own game, just in the night not the mornings ;-)

The hotel itself is pretty out of the way, so if you want stuff within walking distance, it's not for you. I personally relished its remoteness! For the market we took a local 'dolmus' bus for around 3 lira, so easy to get around on these...definitely worth giving it a go!

The first thing we did was book a full Turkish bath, scrub and massage experience (exfoliate to get the best tan) at the hotel spa, they gave us a great deal and it was lovely, just what we needed to unwind at the start of the holiday. We then went to the Thomson meeting, so glad we did, our rep Heather was fab, really helpful and full of info, plus we got to know some of the other guests, including some we'll keep in touch with and come back next year with (look out Yasmin resort!!!).

The 'animation' team were nice and friendly, but knew when to leave you alone. We went to the karaoke one evening which was a good laugh, but apart from that we didn't really get involved with them much, not our thing to be honest. Hotel staff were great, but I do feel they were a little over-worked and under-staffed, I'd not like to be here during the peak season - but then again I'd never do any all-inclusive holiday at peak times. We never had to wait long at the bar and with Efes on tap 24/7 who cares if you do, the world isn't going to end if you have to queue! Pool bar and lobby bar staff were great, always inventing 'special' cocktails for us, we never had the same one twice...which was sometimes a good thing lol!

In terms of the food, it was very well cooked, very varied and mostly delicious, especially the baklava! I'm from Turkish Cypriot heritage so lots of the traditional dishes (which we may have got more of due to the Turkish 'Bayram' celebrations) were familiar to me and were almost as tasty as my mums! Almost. The fresh bread each day was amazing and there was always such variety in the food. Perhaps for a 2 week holiday it could get a bit samey but like you don't have your old faithful dinners you cook every week at home!!!! Spaghetti Saturday anyone!!! But of course there were the 3 a la carte restaurants too, of which you can visit each one once a week. We did the Turkish one fist, delicious, best shish I've had in ages! Staff were good and we even had some kittens to keep us company (some may not like that fact though, but we loved it!). Next was the fish restaurant which I loved, the missus didn't so much, she's not big one seafood, but bless her she persevered for me! Unfortunately due to strong winds we had to eat this one in the Italian restaurant which was a shame, as the views from the fish one were nice. Then we had the Italian too, which was just as yumnmy, plus Yunus our waiter was just fantastic, top top lad (thanks for everything Yunus).

Most of our days were spent lounging by the pool, swimming, attempting to play volleyball in the pool, and chit chatting with everyone; exactly what we went for really. We also made use of the free kayaks which was funny, in quite strong winds!!!! The beach was nice, although shingles, so beach shoes would be needed if you want to really play about on the beach. The jetty was amazing, great for when it got really warm as it offered a lovely sea breeze! I wasn't brave enough to jump in, but everyone else enjoyed that. We mainly used the bottom 'activity' pool but at this time of year it wasn't overcrowded or anything. There was always plenty of beds to pick from and never a shortage on the free towels. It had the tunes blaring - a good mix of English, Turkish and some nice chilled house. Didn't swim in the top pool as it was too deep - I'm not a strong swimmer and like to know I'll always have my feet at the bottom if I stand, not in the top pool! BUT, both pools were pretty cold, once you got in it was OK, but only for 1/2 hour or so. A little heating would have been lush! Indoor pool was a little warmer and also salt water so you could just float about which was nice and relaxing, and the shower jet things really sort your back out if you stand underneath! Used the sauna and hammam too. The spa and gym could do with a little re-vamp but it was all good!

We went out to Gumbet for the Dream Girls drag show, purchased thru Thomson - brilliant brilliant brilliant. If that's your humor, then it's a must! Gumbet looked a bit grotty tho! We also visited Turgetreis market for the obligatory bargain! Be warned if you go, the men are very forward and a little gropey, but a firm shaking off of a sweaty arm soon rectified that. We got some great bargains and had a good laugh haggling with them all... have your price in mind and stand your ground and walk away if they're not playing ball...if they can genuinely do that price they'll 9/10 call you back! Or tell you to go away like 1 did to us!!!

We had a late night flight back home so we decided to extend our room til 5pm for 90 lira (about £30) - so glad we did, meant we could really relax in the sun on our last day and then shower and pack at our leisure. We then had a nice last meal and some drinks before our coach came. Only downer was that I stupidly left my jacket on the back of my chair at dinner (wasn't used to having it around!) and by the time I realised, it was gone. The staff searched hi and lo for it, but to no avail. I truly don't believe it was a member of staff that took it, but to the guest that is now enjoying my jacket, thanks....[--]! At least send me my driving licence back! Anyway, my fault I guess! But I won't let it spoil the incredible memories of the holiday!

There's not much more I can really say, except thanks to everyone for making it such a great week for us, we'll defo be back next year - for 10 days and a little earlier into October. Thanks a million!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shen2013
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Best Regards from Bodrum.
Tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went there one month back and had amazing time , we were in club rooms and I recommend to everyone to get a club room if you are planning to go to this hotel , rooms were perfect, clean and in a beautiful and quiet place a little far from main building but with sea view and a car was always ready to transfer u from ur room to main building and back.. food was good,good variety so you could find what you would enjoy more , Italian restaurant was perfect ( sea food and Turkish food was also good , but Italian one had better staff and delicious food ) u can not get bored there! great animation team and nice shows,different bars and snack bars, beautiful beach and very nice pools... ... i loved everything about this hotel and really looking forward to go there again.

Room Tip: Club rooms for sure, more beautiful and quiet , lots of flowers around , sea view and nice balcony f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Samira M
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Samira,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. We are also looking forward to welcome you again in Yasmin Bodrum Resort. Best Regards from Bodrum.
Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is amazing, the best ive ever been to in Turkey, the rooms were brilliant, really big and all had amazing views no matter where you are. the food and catering was brilliant, such a wide range for all the family. i absolutely loved the entertainment team, nicest people you will ever meet, especially eran, he was so funny, made my holiday the best i have ever had, love him!!

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool were a brilliant view, right near the pool and still were not that load at day...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for sharing your experiences about our Resort on Trip advisor. We hope to welcome you and your family again in very near future.
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We are very pleased with the hotel very clean great animation every day invent something razlichno.Mnogo fun they make you feel good. Unique abundant food, everything was great. Again we visited it. Luck to all of you great

• 5 of 5 bubbles
YASMINRESORTBODRUM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Yasmin Resort Bodrum, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Antoniq,
Thank you for your very friendly review. We hope to see you very soon again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#15 of 100 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,061 reviews

Been to Yasmin Resort Bodrum? Share your experiences!