“wonderful :)”

Yasmin Resort Bodrum
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a rest with my family a month ago. Everything was almost perfect, though have heard a lot of negative thoughts. The hotel was advised by our acquaintances.The territory was pleasant with a lot of places for walking and the nature was very beautiful there, especially at night)) very romantic)
The room service wasn't of best quality, but anyway the hotel was enough clean.
Guys from animation were good, it was a real fun.
We've liked the restaurant too. The Food was tasty, and the staff very kind. Thanks to Mehmet Ince! )) Who always made us laughing and was very attentive and pleasant. My mother was charmed))))
The Sea was super, fresh and invigorated. I would advise it to all. We will arrive with friends in September again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lily O

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good, but not excellent. We have good time with my wife for 9 nights in this hotel. We didn't like the cleaning in rooms, because they forgot to change towels for us and bartenders in beach club, was not so fast in the evening and we must waited our cocktails for long time. And also kinds of food can be better, we expected more. Everything else was good, no more bad memories. The territory of hotel is very big and clean. There are a lot of places near swimming pools and beach. You can come in different time and you will see free places on sunbeds. Thanks for polite staff in towels service, they were kind every morning. Waiters in main restaurant were good. Good work of reception they helped us, when we need their help. And we want to say big thank you for animation team, they were making good shows and they entertained everyone all day long. If you come, you will have fun with them. And also I found a new friend Roberto from animation team, he is really good guy, I wish him good luck and all the best in his life. Generally we had nice holiday, so we recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IgorKrepkov
Reviewed 18 July 2014

After having stayed in this hotel 3 years ago we enjoyed it so much we decided to go again. It proved a bad decision as we found it very disappointing for quite a few reasons.

Main bad points:
1. Quality or choice of food not as good as we expected after our last visit.
2. Loads of waste as greedy people piled their plates high, also lowering the feel of the place.
3. Over-crowded so service not great in the restaurant, felt like a canteen.
4. Sunbeds completely crammed in to most available spaces, about 2 inches distance between loads of beds along everyside of both pools in 2 or more rows.
5. Rooms a bit tired looking now and area by the main bar shabby with sofabeds to sit on (if
you can find an empty one!)

Main good points:
1. Staff all very helpful if you could get their attention (apart from 1 exception, see below)
2. Rooms cleaned everyday and always tidied up too.
3. Always a cool breeze due to the location which helps when the temperatures are in the thirties.

The hotel is no longer owned by the Paloma group (who owned it on our last visit) and we felt that standards had slipped a lot, from the choice and quality of food, to the bar and drinks available to the overcrowded feel of the hotel and lack of good service.

Our first insight into how things had changed was as we went to lunch on the 1st day. Apart from the way people were piling up their plates like there was no tomorrow (The amount of food wasted is disgusting) the big disappointment in the dining room was the lack of fruit, only maybe 4 varieties including apples (which don't really seem like summer/local produce) and the lower quality in general of the food. A recurring theme in the dining room was that the maincourses were a choice of lots of meatball dishes, a few dodgy looking past dishes, and a regurgitation of vegetables left over from previous meals.

There was always something being grilled/barbequed outside but again the greediness and lack of ability to queue made these items hard to get fresh!

Baklava was only available 1 night out of 6 that we stayed and again people had piled their plates high before they'd even had their meal, only to then leave most of it to be thrown away! Very bad manners considering a lot of people didn't get any.

Maybe it was the quality of other other guests but there really is no need to get 4 courses all at the same time to pile onto the table, surely better to try a bit of a few things, you can always get more if you like it, and eat each course one at a time. You may well be full before you get to the big plate of cakes!!! Not to mention the big plates of bread and passtries left untouched at breakfast time, I really don't understand how greediness overtakes the reality of how much you can eat, there's always more available if you want it.

The staff were all very pleasant, alot of them being on work experience during university holidays, but there just weren't enough to deal with the quantity of people. We made sure we sat in the same area each meal so that the waitress got to know us and then made an extra effort but if you move around you will always be served by someone different.

We discovered that all inclusive no longer includes branded drinks which it did 3 years ago, and to my horror Mojito's are now served with lemon and lemon juice instead of lime...if they haven't got limes then they shouldn't have Mojito's on the menu! We managed to get a few on a trip to Gumusluk and so we provided our own but this is not really acceptable or expected in a so called 5 star hotel.

Again the bar staff were all very pleasant except for a young man working in the main bar who was extremely rude and arrogant to us when we were told that there was no ice available and that someone had gone to get it. No explanation was given (someone in the pool bar later explained that they were having problems with the ice machines) but when we heard that the ice had arrived in the back of the bar (we heard it being poured into the tank) no effort was made to go and get it to serve us and there were 4 or 5 other guests all waiting for ice too! Again it's not acceptable.

Another difference was the amount of sunbeds literally crammed in everywhere. The poolside was just rows of beds packed in like sardines, great if you don't mind having people sitting within an inch of you (God know's how they got in or out of the rows though) but we prefer a bit of privacy. There were also sunbeds along the entire walk way to the sea platforms (that weren't there before and the platform/pier itself was also full though rather lacking in umbrellas. Another problem was that certain guests thought that it was ok to have 4 umbrella's for 5 beds! I won't mention any nationality but the majority of guests seemed to be Russians, Turks and Iranians. I haven't ever really seen Iranians staying in the same hotel before and I have to say they do seem to behave with a great deal of dignity (apart from the odd exception).

The room was fine though a bit tired looking now, we had a bath with shower in and very hard to not soak the floor. The lobby/lounge area although the main chairs have been changed also seemed rather tired looking and around the bar the sofas are old sofabeds which looked rather shabby. There were always swarms of people everywhere, so hard to even find a seat especially after dinner when everyone flocked to the bar. There used to be another bar in the outside area that served drinks but this was no longer there. The showers by the swimming pool had also gone and there was no longer a lifeguard sitting by the pool. I did see a lifeguard walking around the whole area but not much good if you were drowning in the pool while he was at the beach or vice-versa.

The beach cafe again was packed the whole time but mainly seemed to serve rubbery looking burgers, buns, chips and salad.

Overall we didn't have a bad holiday but don't think that we got value for money due to lower standard of food and drink(not to mention how long it took to get a drink at peak times) and the general overcrowding of the hotel and not the politest guests!

We certainly won't be going again and that is a shame given the amazing location of the hotel and the lovely clean sea surrounding it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank britabroad001
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's my third trip to Turkey. I was in Antalya and Kemer before, now I decided to come to Bodrum.
Bodrum compared to other cities have the most pleasant climate.
Because of highlands it's not so hot. Aegean sea is very clean and beautiful.
If you want to enjoy the view from the beach on the beautiful nature and to swim in the sea. You're welcome.
And now I want to tell you about hotel.
I spent 11 nights in this hotel from 20.06.2014 till 01.07.2014.
When I arrived reception give card from number very quickly and take my luggage to the car, which bring me to my number. The territory of hotel is big and people who live far away won't be comfortable to get into their numbers without cars. A couple of times there were no free cars, when I need them. But when you have a nice walk to the number, you also can feel pleasure of it.
The room was good, cleaning was daily, towels changed every day, but a couple of times cleaners forgot to update the mini bar.
It was a big choice of food there. A large selection of salads, meats, side dishes, fruit and sweets. I just wanted to see more fish and seafood.
Serving of meals was interesting. The waiters in the restaurant served quickly, but when it was the evening were a lot of people, and it was difficult to call any of them, because they were running back and forth. But they do their job good.
The beach in the hotel is good. There are a lot of sunbeds near beach, and also near two swimming pools. Cleaning the beach and the pool are daily.
In the snack bar I would like to see more variety of food, because day in day all food were the same. But special thanks to the snack bar for their ice cream, it was very tasty! But you must stand in the line to get it.
And now let me tell you about something I'm really pleased.
Animation team perfectly matched.
If you come with children, they will always be welcome in mini club.
And for all other people, who come to rest, throughout the day from 10 o'clock till 17 o'clock there are a lot of activities, that will not let you get bored. Different sport and entertainment games, gymnastics, aqua aerobics and so on. All activities are held on high level.
In the evening animation team makes interesting shows, which you will like.
I want to say thank you for all them to making my holiday unforgettable.
And especially, I want to highlight Roberto, he was amazing and doing his job very good.
So I had excellent holiday in this hotel. I recommend this hotel to everyone, come - you will not regret. Wish you all the best. XX

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Aleksandrakiev
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The worst experience ever!

We had high hopes with this hotel. Went with my hubby and my 2 yr old. After a long journey there, no one to pick up our luggage. They got the rooms totally wrong. Had to wait ages for a so called long argument with manager. He then gave us the room we needed. What a waste! we were exhausted as it was, there was no need for that! He plonked us right on top of a mountain (well it felt like our room was on one) the service was the worst I've ever seen.....I MEAN THE WORST ANYONE COULD EVER IMAGINE! There not polite at all so inconsiderate. I felt like crying. Put it this way if your loaded you could possibly buy them off!

That's all I have to say..please stay away or else your picking up your own luggage and get ready for a battle with the manager who is like a panther! Stay away stay away! This is a nightmare place!! Not worth the money and headache especially with kids!!

Room Tip: Never book here the service is the worst ever to be seen!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Saifz3006
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We spent 11 nights at this wonderfull resort and to tell you the truth we found very little to find fault with. If it is permissable to moan about other holiday makers then I would certainly find a few distastefull comments to make...especially about the Russian moaners and arrogance that they showed through out our stay. However I won't spend any time on that matter, We (Kaz and I) had a fantastic time there from the minute we turned up (very late at night) to the minute we left. The resort was spotless and kept that way by a small army of dedicated staff who were always cheerful and extremely accommodating. I must mention before I forget that the rooms were kept upto a high level of cleanliness and were tidied up every day. Some days with an overwhelming suprise consisting of towels made to look like exotic animals covered with local flowers to add vibrant colors. The scenery was to die for....our room overlooked a fantastic backdrop of mountains and sea. The food in the main restaraunt was plentiful and the variety prooved a challenge in deciding what to have. The catering staff, coupled with the very friendly waiters and waitresses certainly made a difference by continually and tirelessly helping everyone they could. We actually only ate a couple of times during our stay in the main restaraunt as we were able to feast at 3 different alacart restaraunts each week, which was an experiance init self. The staff at these restaraunts certainly added that special touch. Just make sure that when you order the wine its not from the menu as you get charged for this. The house wine was just as nice and did'nt spring any surprise costs at the end of the stay.
I have to mention the pool staff (towel shack). They were charming and always had a smile and were always cheerful and cheeky. You must take a boat trip from Captain Thomas Pirate ship.
A couple of charming chappies who always had the eye for the girlies but never offensive or pushy. We had a great laugh with these two guys. I must admit the boat was a bit cramped but once we got on the way we were entertained by the crew and guides.
Cant forget the Animation Team...what a fantastic bunch of guys and girls. They made our holiday a fantastic experiance. Always taking time out to share a laugh and a joke with us. We were so sad to have left them behind as Im sure Kaz would have loved to have taken Chuckie(real name CAGATAY KABATAY) home with us. We were blown away by the Thriller dance routine that they had only just put finishing touches to. I found a friend in EGE HAKAN very knowledgable and passionate guy. He was the chief sports and entertainment rep. Must also mention the photography section very nice bunch of guys and especially a big mention to a very charasmatic, talented and charming young man SHIYAR SHEIKHO. Our final mention must be for our little biddy blond rep Lorna- Anne Reed. Bless her, we found her sitting on a step outside the hotel looking so lost and alone. Kaz and I took her under our wing as if she was one of our own daughters. I hope she has settled in as a Thompson rep and is finding her feet. Judging by her facebook page she seems to be doing ok. We miss all these guys and certainly miss the great experiance we had at Yasmin. We can recommend this place to anyone young or old and hope that who ever goes there will experiance the same hospitality, friendliness and high customer service that we both enjoyed. 5 stars on all accounts.

Room Tip: All rooms had fantastic views. Wether you had a room high up on hill it didnt matter as golf buggies...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend arrived back from Yasmin a couple of days ago after spending a week there! It exceeded my expectations and is definitely a 5* rating! We were both very sad to be coming home! However, I would say that a week didn't seem long enough to fit everything in as we found ourselves going to bed at 3AM and wanting to wake at 8AM just to ensure we made the most of everything! To us, 10 days would have been a perfect length.

The views surrounded Yasmin are magnificent, if you want a holiday for a sea view this place is beyond perfect. We arrived at 3AM, and everything was beautifully lit up. When we woke up, the view from our hotel room was amazing! We had a hotel room on the hill outside of the main hotel, however this was not a problem for us as the view was amazing and the room was a perfect size. We could walk to and from the hotel room with no problem, however there were golf buggys to transport you if you didn't feel like walking which we did often as it was so hot!

The food is nice, there is always a lot of choice! However, it did tend to become quite receptive as all inclusive usually does. To vary our food we tended to eat lunch in the snack bar rather than the restaurant as it served different foods such as burgers and chicken kebabs.
There was always a large selection of salad and fresh fruit, and fresh bread was always available which was delicious with the soup! The snack bar also had ice cream which had a variety of flavours with Pistachio, Chocolate and Caramel being our favourite!
We also ate at all 3 a la carte restaurants which were all delicious, the Italian being our favourite despite being told it was terrible by another hotel guest! It was delicious, and there was plenty of food!
The pools were always kept clean, and bar staff regularly coming round to collect glasses. We found all of the staff very helpful and friendly, despite there being a language barrier a majority of the time! The animation team always did their best to provide entertainment to keep everyone happy throughout the day and night, with dance and aerobic classes being held in the day (although we didn't take part in any of these), and entertainment going on until 2AM! Drinks were served constantly through the day with a cocktail menu of 9 cocktails which were all delicious! We loved the Pina Colada's and the Blue Lagoons!
I would advise to not book excursions through First choice beforehand as the hotel has so much to offer at cheaper prices! We went to the Turgutreis Market on the Saturday and First Choice offered a transfer for £14 each, however we got a return from the hotel for £8 for both of us! We also went on a Thomas boat trip which was advertised by people in the hotel. Would definitely recommend this as we had a fantastic day! We paid £25 each for the entire day with lunch and got to experience jumping off the boat into the sea, snorkelling and we rode a camel on Camel beach! The people on the boat were very entertaining, getting everyone up and dancing to loud music!
We had photographs taken by a stall in the hotel. We paid £30 for 5 photographs of our choice and a photoshoot taking 100 photos of a large variety! They are beautiful photographs and were made very romantic! Would recommend as so much cheaper than at home!
I would also recommend the water sports that the hotel offers on its private beach, we went sea kayaking and it was so much fun! It was also free!
There is a market on site which was useful to us as we ran out of suncream towards the end of the holiday! We also bought gifts which were at a good price.

Our only problem with the hotel was the spa. Although the spa itself offered good facilities of a salt water pool, steam room (although it was broken) and a sauna which were all included in the all inclusive. However our problem was being hassled by the men advertising the massage and peeling packages who were very insistent and annoying. They seemed to be quite racist, not towards us but towards other cultures when talking to us, and became very rude when we declined the price for the massage package as this is not what we wanted on our holiday, especially as the cheapest was 300 lira and we weren't prepared to spend this money on a spa package. Despite this, I would recommend a visit to the spa!

All of the staff should be recognised for their friendliness, and despite the language barrier they tried to understand as best as they could. We will hopefully be returning next summer as we had such a fantastic time! Would recommend to anyone 100%!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1510 which was a small "villa style" hotel room. It was a perfect size f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlotteelizabeth1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
#8 of 53 in Turgutreis
Sundance Resort
Sundance Resort
#5 of 53 in Turgutreis

Been to Yasmin Resort Bodrum? Share your experiences!