“Real 5 star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Midlands
“Real 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was our first all inclusive hotel , having been satisfied with 4* before and not feeling that we would get value from the all inclusive premium. This hotel changed all that. The location, quality of the accommodation and the food choice were all superb. Entertainment was sufficient without aiming to be professional. The animation team were great as were the staff. If all this sounds too good to be true we would have not believed it possible beforehand. One of those holidays that stand out as being memorable. In the autumn we did a 3* in Cyprus, but of course, we had been spoiled.We have now booked all inclusive in Turkey for May 2012. Guess where?

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank holsgaloreMidlands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Corringham Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I am flabbergasted by the vitriol shown in the recent reviews of this Excellent Hotel, as my wife and I returned from our 9th visit the second week in October, I cannot believe that the staff; service; food and the Hotel generally could deteriorate to the extent as sugested in the reviews.

I notice that the vast majority of these bad reviews are from guests who had been re-directed from their original booking i.e. Bodrum Imperial (previously Magic Life). I can understand them being upset by the circumstances leading to their attendance at Aegean Dream, but to direct their anger in such derogatory terms is unacceptable and unfair on the hardworking staff and management.

The complaints of staff being impolite is to say the least unbelievable. I have been holidaying regularly since 1980 in varying locations and countries, and I can honestly say that I have never found any Hotel staff as helpful and polite as those at this Hotel. A quiet word with the General Manager Mr. Yusuf Gunaydin (Daily available around Poolside) or Reception Manager Mr. Goksun Alay, and any complaint would have been noted and immediately attended to. (Not Man Yana as in Spain!!). As to Morat the Entertainments Manager being rude, I have always found him to be an approachable and friendly man.

One guest complains that there was no fencing around the pools making it dangerous for younger guests. Fencing??? No Hotel or Public swimming pool I have attended has such fencing. Surely as parents with young children on holiday, your first responsibility is to ensure they are safe at all times by keeping a close eye on them, not by sunbathing or chatting and then putting the responsibility onto the Hotel staff or indeed other guests.

I have been a guest of the Bodrum Imperial (when Magic Life) and concede that they had a dedicated team and building set aside soley to attend to younger guests, but in my recollection this is unique as I cannot recall any Hotel having a similar dedicated service.

As far as the complaints that pools were dirty and neglected, all I can say that if guests were up and about between 6.30am and 8.00am they would observe the pool attendant working hard in these pools to ensure their cleanliness.

All resturants are well managed by competent people. I have on numerous occasions eaten in the Italian: Select and Turkish. I cannot comment on the Fish Resturant as I am not a fish lover and have not used it, but I know Sinan the manager is a very friendly man and would deal with any complaint without any fuss.( He was manager in Select last year). Morat (Turkish) and Vulcan (Italian) and manager of the Select would similarly deal with any such incident.

I accept that you cannot please everybody at all times, and that something will upset some guests which will be acceptable to others, but I stress that Reception is the place for any complaint, not Tour guide (unless the matter is concerned wholly with Thompsons) and you would be surprised how quickly it will be dealt with.

I end as I began by repeating the majority of these complaining reviews are from guests who were upset with Thompsons even before arrival, which should not be directed to Aegean Dream management or staff as it is not within their control.

Aegean Dream remains one of the best Hotels in Bodrum as the vast majority of guests will testify. (Just ask any of the many many returning year after year!!)
A week after arriving home in October our next years holiday (!0th) at Aegean Dream Resort Hotel, was booked. Any further proof required??

Room Tip: All seaview rooms are excellent but The Select have best views.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Terryelvis
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Seriously can't believe what the reviews have been on this hotel recently. We stayed there fore 10 nights in july this year and had very few problems. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. No problems with the food or drinks. Entertainment staff were good and friendly. Only complaint i had was that the shower temperature did do from freezing to scalding and the bathrooms weren't the best. And yes,charlies boat trips were not worth it in the slightest.
We can't believe that this is the same hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelbug32Scotland
kiev
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Simply nice hotel. Good staff and polite all. Food ok, cleaning ok. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upper select room very nice
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 322mrjohn
Edinburgh, Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I created a group on Facebook for all to share their experience / photos etc about this Hotel. Everyone who we spoke to / encountered at this resort where all due to be enjoying The Bodrum Imperial - but were transferred to this "like for like Hotel"

Below is "snippet" of my letter to Thomson Holidays

On 28th September (just over 1 week before we were due to depart) I got a call from your Ocean Terminal Branch in Edinburgh, who had dealt with my original booking. They called to advise me they had some “Good News” and some “Bad News” – my thoughts being that the bad news being a change of flight times, unfortunately this was not the case.

They advised me that our chosen holiday destination had informed them that they were closing early this year and as such, our accommodation at The Bodrum Imperial would not be available for our holiday. They then presented to me the “Good News” (in their opinion) was that we were being transferred to The Aegean Dream Resort – which was a 5* hotel (or Thomson 4* Platinum). I immediately asked was this a “like for like” and did it meet our requirements – as we had spent a lot of time researching The Bodrum Imperial, reading reviews, calling the hotel prior to booking, as we have a child who has Special Needs – who needs a set regime, separate bedroom, quiet surroundings, with activities he could enjoy.

Our Requirements were as follows:

A Family Room with 2 separate bedrooms from the living area (we knew The Bodrum Imperial had this after checking directly with the hotel)

A Quiet Room

Room with Pool View

Asking how long I had to decide what we were going to do as a family, I was told I only had 24 hours to make my mind up. I then spent that night researching The Aegean Dream Resort on the internet, looking at photos, reviews on TripAdvisor, Holiday Watchdog, Holiday Truths. I was taken aback on some of the comments that were written about this hotel – even on your own website, where holidaymakers were very disappointed on the service, facilities, activities and general upkeep of this complex.

I immediately called the store at Ocean Terminal to convey my severe concerns upon what I had researched and read, to be told not to pay too much attention to these reports. I again then asked what my options were. I was told I could either look for another holiday within your brochures to which I would either pay more or get a partial refund – pending the new holiday cost. With such little time on my side we had no real option but to go with the “alternative accommodation”

The following paragraphs now contain our holiday observations, experiences and photographs to explain our upset during this holiday.

Upon our arrival at 4am we were given room 1331, and had to move all our cases from the coach (in the rain) and were then misguided by the reception staff to the direction of our room. No porters to aid us on our arrival.

The Room (1331)

We originally booked a family room with 2 separate bedrooms, what we got was 1 bedroom and 2 beds in a living space not what we asked for nor what we were told by the Thomson Store, where we were guaranteed two separate bedrooms. This can be confirmed via the store records who spoke and got a confirmation that this would be the case.

Over the first few nights we soon realised our room was positioned directly below The Skylight bar and the dragging of chairs and tables were continual from 10pm until 2am every night. Our bedroom also overhangs the Pool Bar and one Saturday a live band and laser show played until almost 1am.

(photos attached)

The bedroom walls were paper thin and as such you could hear everything from the toilet flushing, conversations and “clicking” of high heels.

Our room also had a nice balcony that overlooked the pool area, unfortunately the condition of the patio furniture (with no cushions) meant this was never used – again raised with reception and never replaced. However the people below us had cushions – which were badly stained, so perhaps not too much of an issue (photos attached)

The Bathroom

The bathroom had a fabulous walk-in “wet room” which unfortunately stayed wet, and was on occasion hazardous as the soapy water would not drain away

Fluctuation of shower pressure and temp was unsafe for kids, either freezing or scalding as it would switch between the two, again meaning showers had to be supervised.

Loss of water periodically thus no shower, shaving or brushing of teeth

Poor condition of fixtures on shower screen, taps, towel rails and overall finishing’s (photos attached)

Exposed wiring from mounted hairdryer – which was positioned over sink area (photos attached)

Dirty flushing mechanism for toilet (photos attached)

After a few nights I asked if we could choose an alternative room – perhaps in the Select area of the hotel as their Family Rooms were suited to both our requested needs and the Spec we paid for at The Bodrum Imperial. I was told that if we wished to do this, it would be at a cost of 45 Euro (£40) per person, per night – resulting in an additional outlay of £2240!!

The Swimming Pools

Part of the attraction of booking for The Bodrum Imperial was that they operated a “no reservation” policy on sunbeds and that they offered complimentary towels from a set time of the day to police this policy.

The Aegean Dream Resort also “allege” to have this policy, however was never policed /enforced – as such the Morning Ritual of having to get up pre 6.30am to secure a bed was observed. Over our first few days, I noticed that the Dutch, German and Russians were unfortunately the main culprits of this and grabbing the beds around the pool.

Now this at first did not bother me, as there were plenty of beds, however what was apparent was that they were all adults and the beds were situated as such that they blocked the easy access to get in and out of the pool for the children or infirm – especially the progressive walk-in steps.

This resulted in the kids either having to jump in or walk carefully around the gap between the beds and edge of the pool. I addressed this with both the Entertainment Staff and Hotel Staff – no action was taken and this continued every day. I got up one morning to watch the antics of this – 1 particular family “booked” their 18 – yes, 18 chairs around the pool (as described above) every morning pre 7.30am (photo attached)

Another attraction of The Bodrum Imperial, was that its swimming pool had a great waterslide. Now, The Aegean Dream Resort also had a waterslide – but this was a distance from the main pool / hotel and as such, children had to accompanied to ensure their safety away from the main pool area. This separate pool was never in the sun and as such was cold. The walkway to this pool was also littered with dog / cat dirt – more about that later!

A door next to the Baby Pool / Main Pool was always left open, where kids were often seen exploring / guessing this was where the outdoor toilet was (which there was none), also gardening tools were also occasionally left out

We never saw the pool get cleaned or tested. Over the past 6 years, we have stayed at a number of 3* hotels (more on this later), where we have seen the pool regularly cleaned, PH checks being completed throughout the day, and then sanitised every 3-4 nights. As our balcony overlooked the pool, we never once saw any quality checks completed. (photos attached)

Broken drainage amongst sunbeds, was left unrepaired during our 2 week stay – again made aware to Hotel Staff. Not sure how long this had been left for – based on the overall maintenance / repair of the premises, probably a long time (photo attached)

Wild Dogs and Cats

Over the past 6 years, I have seen many a wild cat or dog around my chosen destination, which is almost part of the scene – especially in Turkey or Spain. However, such animals are often deterred or moved on – the policy of The Aegean Dream Resort appears to encourage these animals to visit!

Many of the guests fed the animals from their plates around the pool , thus encouraging the animals to return. As such, these animals would often plod along the sunbeds, looking for food, rummaging in bags. We got tired of this and one day moved to the beach to get away from such disturbances. This proved to be even worse

On the “Hotels” beach we would often observe the dogs “play fighting” but this scared many of the younger children, and to be honest caused us to continually be aware and on guard incase this was not the case. One day we say two dogs fight over a used nappy kindly left by one of the guests. They continued to pull the nappy apart and spread it all over the beach – both then taking it in turns to eat the contents of the nappy. These are the same dogs that were later seen drinking from the swimming pool – a nice way to spread a variant form of Hepatitis. We never used the pool for the remainder of our holiday

The beach, walkways, path to waterslide, were littered with dog / cat dirt. We decided on one night to take advantage of the A La Carte Turkish night, which was served in a Turkish Tent. On our way to the tent, we followed a poorly lit pathway, where upon my wife stepped in dog dirt – not nice when wearing open toe sandals!

As a comparison the La Blanche beach sand was perfect well looked after and cleaned everyday. Additionally dogs could not get to their beach / hotel mainly due to the design of the access and the continual supervision of both Guards to the entrance of the hotel and staff who patrolled the beach areas

Many people complained about the quality of the food, and not catering for the “British Pallet”. I for one had no issue with what was on offer, due being accustomed to the Turkish / Spanish Buffet Style over the past several years. However I was disappointed that this is exactly the same quality / variety to that served in 3* Hotels, not what I was expecting – nor what I saw being served at The La Blanche next door!

As you may have gathered already, our family have not really enjoyed our holiday. Our expectations are not of a “high demand” or that we expect The Savoy standard, we simply expect our holiday to be what it is meant to be . . . A Holiday!

As an example, 6 years ago we stayed in the Apartment section of The 3* Myramar Castle Beach Hotel (Fuengirola, Spain, via Thomas Cook), we were that impressed with the quality of food, entertainment, hotel management, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, spa facilities, basically the overall package was Superb, that we returned and stayed in the Hotel part of the complex for the following 2 years.

We then decided to return to Turkey, staying again in the Apartment section of a Hotel, this time at The Club Cetia Grand (Marmaris, Turkey, another 3*, via Thomas Cook). Again we were blown away with the quality of what we received, that again we returned the following year, again choosing to stay in the actual Hotel itself, where we got a family room (2 separate bedrooms, living area) which was perfect for our child who has Special Needs

Now, if you look up reviews for both these above hotels, read their respective brochure write ups, you will see why we chose to book The Bodrum Imperial and for what it had to offer.

Entertainment

In my (and many others) opinion, this hotel is purely adult orientated, short funded and boring.

This can be seen by the kids club dance (mini disco) - on all five occasions of us staying at the above hotels (which again were during October / End of Season) , the kids section of the evening ran for 1 hour by one or two entertainers for a group of approx 30-40 kids – this started approx 8pm, afterwhich would then move into a more “family / adult” orientated “audience interaction” routine, which always got a laugh / people involved, whilst again always keeping the kids / teens involved. To finish, everyone did the Club Dance – which in turn always got more people to do it around the pool the following day / later that night. Every 3rd evening or so, an external “act” such as breakdancers, animal show, local dancers etc performed – giving a nice bit of variety. Then there was 2 “performances” created and performed by the Entertainers EVERY week, so in effect, your evening entertainment was never “stale or repetitive”

As a comparison . . .

At The Aegean Dream Resort, there was no more than 10 kids up at any one time and when I say kids I mean 3-6 year olds, with 4 entertainers doing a 20-30 minute at best, string of simply dancing - no interaction

My 8 year old who as I said has been at the above hotels where the entertainers get the kids and adults involved in the section, simply just sat - not because she was too old, but because she was bored with the same 4 songs done everynight.

My daughter regularly brought her fashion style activity books or Pictionary Card Game with her and to be honest we had more kids round our table wanting to draw and colour in or play, than those wanting to take part in the dance- you can hardly say no to kids and ask them to go entertain themselves

We always bring a portable DVD to hook up to the room TV for bad weather days or if the kids have had too much sun, unfortunately our 20+DVDs were watched regularly every night due to the poor entertainment. The hotel does offer a “cinema” room where it will play the usual “Turkish Copy” of a film release, but this was at 22.30 every night, in a very damp smelling room – not great – why not make this available to all the rooms via their link – The Club Cetia Grand did this and had varied titles throughout the day

Your brochure clearly advertises the following being available to guests staying at The Aegean Dream Resort

- Table Tennis – again in a damp corner space in the hotels underground levels – poor condition and unsafe for players (photo attached)

- Quizies – never heard one

- 6 Cabaret Shows per week – only saw 2 over 14 nights (Turkish Night had Dancers / Belly Dancer) and then the Entertainers version of “Broadway Musicals”

- Live Music – another 1 show was seen over the 2 weeks, and then Karaoke by guests

- Pool Table – again in poor repair and broken pool cues (photo attached)

- Internet Cafe – never open (photo attached)

- Boutique Shop – never open (photo attached)

- Hotel Run “Kids Club” – not an affiliated / standard as per The Bodrum Imperial, colouring in or making sandcastles does not constitute to a Kids Club

Accident at Hotel

On 22nd October, 2 days before we were due to leave, we decided to have a quiet night from the drowning music of the Pool Bar (the previous 4 nights was simply Karaoke, Loud Music, with dwindling numbers of guests attending, it appeared the less guests, the louder the music got), we settled in the seating area outside The Skylight Bar on the top floor, with other families, ironically who were also meant to be guests of The Bodrum Imperial.

As there was limited seating, our 8 year old daughter went to sit against one of the red pillars next to our seats. As she lent against it, she cried out in pain. A 4 inch piece of wire / metal had torn through her blouse and cut her back open (approx 5 inches), we sought first aid via the staff in The Skylight Bar, but was referred to go to reception. I advised my wife to go to our room and clean the wound and administer first aid via our own kit which we brought (which as it turns out, was just as well)

I went to reception to notify them about the accident and to ask if there was a first aider on duty – which there was not. I then proceeded to ask if I could document the incident in their accident book / or documentation, again, told they had no such thing. I basically had to demand that the accident be recorded in some shape or form, to which I was given a blank bit of paper to record my statement. The “on duty” manager was then called (again upon my request) to ensure it was reported, who to his credit then went with me to the bar, took a photo of the pillar and reported it to their maintenance person. I then asked for a copy of my handwritten statement, as they kept the original.

On the day of our departure, we got a note through our door, asking us to come to reception to meet with the Hotels Customer Liaison. This turned out to just be for me to again re-iterate the accident and show her where it happened. The Liaison apologised for the accident and said that there was nothing they could do for us as we were leaving that day.

I dually explained this to the Thomson Rep at the hotel (Shebby), who then asked me to complete a form. Both copies are attached for your review.

Notification of Change of Destination

As I stated in the opening of my letter, we were notified realistically with “days to go” prior to departure for our planned holiday, thus with only the option of “take what we offer” or try and find something else, in such a short period of time.

I contacted The Bodrum Imperial directly myself to query the reason for transfer, to be advised I had to speak to Thomson Holidays. Upon speaking with other holiday makers who were also booked for The Bodrum Imperial, but were transferred to The Aegean Dream Resort, a number of variables came to the surface

- Some guests had been told that The Bodrum Imperial had advised Thomson Holidays they would be closing early this year, way back in June 2011

- Some guests were given 3 Hotel Options to choose from, not just one

- Some guests were given more than 2 weeks notification of the transfer, whilst others a mere few days

- Some guests were booking as late as September for The Bodrum Imperial, and not told of the transfer

If any of the above were true (which I have no reason to doubt based on the number of families we met during our 2 weeks, and subsequently the number of families they each met),

- why were bookings still taken for a destination that would be closed,

- why were some people given 3 Hotel Options to choose from and others only 1

- why were some people given more notification to make an informed choice to change

- why were bookings as late as September still being accepted, when other people were at that time being told of the change of destination

Extra In Flight Legroom

On our return flight, (after what would be, being awake for almost 26-28 hours) I decided to pay for an Extra Leg Room Seat. What I got was the window seat in front of the Entrance / Exit Door. I have had plenty of these on other flights in the same position, however as you will see from the photo, I suppose technically I did get “extra legroom”, as it was specific to one leg! Due to the position of the seat, I was right on top of the door, thus my left leg could not stretch out for the duration of the flight(photo attached)

Based on the number of holidaymakers complaining to your rep at The Aegean Dream Resort, I would expect none of the points I have raised, to be of any surprise to you.

I went back to your store in Ocean Terminal - Edinburgh, where I booked our holiday, to ask for your details, as I prefer to write to a person directly.

The representatives at this branch were both interested and understanding about my holiday upset – more so that they knew specifically what we needed due to our son who has Special Needs.

Whilst there, they also reviewed for me (out of their own interest) the cost of the holiday, based on the 3 Hotels (The Bodrum Imperial, The Aegean Dream Resort and The La Blanche)

I was shocked to be told the following . . . .

The Bodrum Imperial was priced at £3000 (pre discounts, which we received due to booking early), The La Blanche Hotel (which is #1 on Trip Advisor and has amazing reviews regardless where you look) was priced at £3,300 . . . . had we known that, and had we been given this as an option , I’d have paid the extra

The shocker is that, The Aegean Dream Resort came in at over £4,800 – what, where, why and more importantly HOW this is priced at that is beyond me.

Finally, this is our FIRST Thomson holiday.

We have enjoyed our previous 6 holidays with Thomas Cook (the last 5 years, returning to the afore mentioned hotels in Feungirola and Marmaris) without a glimmer of a complaint – all of which were basically 3*, costing LESS and offering MORE than what we have had to endure during the 14 days and 14 nights at The Aegean Dream Resort.

Now, we may have been extremely unlucky – which again your representatives at the Ocean Terminal Edinburgh branch alluded to, and I should not be deterred from booking with you again, however I am sure you will agree, I have not complained about “small things” that made our holiday upsetting, these are some basic and major factors to an enjoyable and safe holiday.

7 Thank BabyPhoenix
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Like many of the recent reviews we ended up at this hotel at the last minute to our tour operator informing us that our chosen resort, The Bodrum Imperial was closing early. Due to the lateness of the call and the fact that this hotel was our only choice we regretably accepted.

On arrival were given a large family room as requested which suited our needs. Only downside was that room 1225 was directly above the dining room and we had to endure the sound of scraping chairs from below. This would go on during breakfast at 7 all the way through to Midnight snack time till 1pm.

You did get used to it but not ideal. This was the least of our worries.

On day three after heavy rain we noted that water was running from a drain located between the childrens play area, childrens pool and beach. We thought nothing of this and probably walked through this area on a number of occassions whilst our three year old ran about. we only realised later in the day when the hotel staff were out with rubber gloves on and brushes that this was sewer water that was being cleaned up.

No warning signs or direction away from this area.

We also witness the packs of dogs that other guest have commented on marauding about the beach, fighting with each other and causing a nuisance. On two seperate occassions they fought over the contents of a nappy and then proceeded to nose guests and take food from their plates on the beach.

Half hearted attempts by staff to remedy this situation and chase them off. This despite no dog signs on their private beach.

Food pretty average and no childrens buffet until the last three days. Children mainly got by on bread, rice and chips. Food often over or underdone with a suspicion that chicken eaten during our first few days was not cooked properly.

On day four of our holiday the first of our party fell ill. By day seven all five of us were unwell with vomitting and diarrhoea that lasted for days despite taking Imodium etc.

Day eight saw my three year old and my wife and I taken to hospital by the hotel doctor as he was concerned for our health. After various tests we were diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis!

We ended back in our hotel room hooked up to an IV as we were all dehydrated. Pretty harrowing having a three year old on a drip.

Given that we had not left the resort other than to go to the private beach on site we are fairly sure how we contracted this!

As stated above the food was not to the standard i would expect from a five star platinum resort. We have been on holiday to 3 and 4 star resorts in Eygpt and Mexico over the last few years and have never experiienced issues with illness or problems with the food.

We had to go off site to ensure we could get food that our kids would eat and ended up being the steriotypical british family eating full english breakfasts and omlettes, to ensure we were eating properly!

Many guest resorted to buying tins of Tomato soup or beans to heat up in the hotel microwave to feed their kids.

Overall it was pretty clear the hotel staff were on wind down due to the end of season. Some staff were very pleasant with others down right rude.

Room as stated above was very spacious but the finishings in the bathroom were shocking. Grouting uneven and dirty, leaking bath and the bath and toilets never appeared to be cleaned the two weeks we endured.

Room only given basic clean. Not ideal given our onging sickness.

I could go on but avoid at all costs. Please refer to all the reviews posted in October and please see facebook find the group that has been formed regarding this shoddy hotel!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
5 Thank Sarah B
Walsall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Originally booked Bodrum Imperial, moved here by Thomson as that hotel was closing early. Wish we hadn't accepted the offer now, as we had reservations following reviews we had read. We had a 'select' room - patio door wouldn't close and left a 3" gap and couldn't be locked or even shut to! The safe, although lockable, wasn't fixed to anything and could just have been taken away. The fusebox had no cover so wires were exposed. The room was stifling and the air con only blew hot - told by the rep that this was set centrally for all rooms by the hotel and so no-one could access cool air in their room! Hotel is not secure and has pathways leading through walked by anyone! One even passes the children's play area. We had to remain at our daughter's side the whole time as she was petrified of the stray dogs that wandered around the hotel in packs of up to 5 - fighting and 'doing their business' with impunity .. She was distraught after being surrounded by 5 of them on the beach as they were trying to take her snack away - some of them as tall as her. Entertainment team were poor and not in any uniform. They were only happy when they were making money ie selling bingo tickets. I was told that I had 10 mins to get 10 lira from my room after being given tickets that I was told originally were free. When I raised this with entertainment manager I was effectively called a liar. The staff were impolite and I found the waiters intrusive with young girls - one snuggled into my 4yr old daughter while we were eating and began to kiss her repeatedly around the face. I was told it was accepted custom, but was nothing short of sexual assault. On the last day, we had to eat alongside the staff at their leaving party and they all walked in with there children - not one child was greeted or touched in this way by anyone! The children's play area was dangerous. with broken slide that had a sharp piece of plastic sticking out and a roundabout that would have been a workout for even the fittest bodybuilder to push. The kids' club was poorly attended as it was in secure and the only activities were supervised drawing/colouring! I saw the children left at times as the staff wandered off - this was adjacent to one of the walkways where locals walked by. The 'select' dining was a farce - you had to book, then they gave you a date 2/3 nights away! No ice cream for the kids in the day. No real cocktail selection. Food was poor, not cooked well and lacked variety - breakfast especially. The best food came out at the staff party on our last day - I saw selections offered that had not been available all holiday!
The pools were absolutely freezing and my children would not go in them, but we couldn't go to the sea/beach for fear of the dogs with my daughter.
We booked a couple of excursions as we felt we needed to break the monotony a little and wasted our money there! We booked the Dalyan mud baths but were not told that it was a 4 hour coach drive there and back. 8 hours on a coach was way too much for our children and we only had i hour at the mud baths. By the time we'd got ourselves changed and ready to go in, it was time to get changed again - a total waste of money!
Similarly, the Bodrum boat trip was a waste of time and expense. We sat on the boat for about four hours (one hour while it was still anchored in harbour) with no entertainment and nothing for the children to do. When we got to Camel beach, we had one hour and after queueing for 45 mins, we managed a ride each and a then had to get back on the boat.
We felt trapped in this hotel and by the first few days were more than ready to come home. On the last few days, everything was being packed away and we really felt that we were in everyones' way .. Even more so when we had to fight for a table at the staff party!
Why should we get any less service at the end of the season? We are still paying customers until we depart!
I have been put off ever going back to Turkey. Thomson should not have sent families to this hotel as it is certainly not a like for like for the Bodrum Imperial.
There became a bit of a 'Dunkirk spirit' that developed between guests as the holiday progressed!
This was only our second holiday in the last six years and I feel cheated.

4 Thank Carl1969
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sundance Suites Hotel
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#15 of 100 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,060 reviews

Been to Sundance Resort? Share your experiences!