Okay, I will try & keep this brief, we visited during the half term week this June 2012, a family of 2 adults, 3 kids. Good points - beautiful scenery when having your breakfast/lunch/dinner, you litterally look out onto the beautiful clean sea. If you like fishing, you will have the opportunity do so at the end of the jetty which can be a lovely peaceful way to spend the day & somewhere to sunbathe in peace. The opportunity also to experience some watersports, the banna boat, etc. the swimming pool area is quite crampt & i can only imagine how crampt in the height of the summer holidays. Entertaintment qiute pleasant. The people in the town are lovely and friendly, be sure to visit Friends, they couldn't be more attentive. It was nice to get chatting to other families, we met a lovely family from Essex, originally from the East End, good to have a bit of company. Bad points - a big one for most people, the food, unfortunately, it was very repeadative & not that palatable, you didn't look at the food & get much of an appetite. I like all sorts of cuisine but I also like good quality food, a frankfurter salad doesn't really do it for me, during my time at the hotel, off milk in my cereal, off ham, chickpeas & chocolate cake doesn't really make me very happy either, I had diarrhoea for 3 days of the holiday, could had been caused by the afore mentioned? We spent quite a lot of money eating in the town as the food was such bad quality. However, the Turkish restaurant at the hotel was nice in respect to the food & service, made a change to be waited on. Fish restaurant absolutely awful, food, service, etc, such a shame as the setting overlooking the sea couldn't have been more perfect. We didn't bother checking out the Italian restaurant as all resolve had melted away by then and we just didn't waste time being disappointed again. We stayed in the standard rooms which were basic. A queen size bed, hard mattress and a thin quilt only just big enough for a double bed. Guest bed so hard, my son had to request an alternative so staff placed a couple of sunbed cushions on the surface under the sheet which helped a little. The shower was a bit of a dribble really & deprnding on what time of the day you showered, It could possibly be cold also. The spa, ambiance was non existent, there were also no female masuiers which in Turkey, could be most female holiday makers preference! The hairdresser, a very nice man but definitely do not have your hair cut by him, my little girl did & it wasnt great. The man that did a shave & spruce was very good however. Stray dogs on the beach, harmless enough but not ideal if you are trying to relax or if you have small children. All in all, I would have been really upset if I had booked this hotel as my annual holiday for 2 weeks. If you visit Turkey, I would recommend Antalya, Side, Lara Beach which most Germans & Russians frequent and who expect a high standard & get it. We have been to that part of Turkey for the last 8 years & never been disappointed even if the Russians can be exceptionally arrogant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis