We stayed here 24th October - 31st October through Thomsons.
Check-in was quick and efficient, which is just what you want when arriving at 2:30am!
As it was end of season, some facilities were not up and running and entertainment was low key- but this did not affect us at all. We were expecting this to be the case for this time of year. We wanted a quiet and relaxing last minute holiday - and that is exactly what we got!
There was a good range of food in the restaurant, the a la cartes were a nice change too. The Turkish a la carte restaurant was closed, but instead we were allowed a free visit to the Dream Select restaurant by the lovely guest relations manager Tulin, who was extremely pleasant and helpful if we needed anything.
I have to say that all the staff were absolutely wonderful and very attentive. My husband and I got chatting to quite a few of the restaurant and bar staff and made many friends with the locals during our stay. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for some of the guests we encountered at the hotel- who quite frankly made me feel embarrassed to be British!
On one occasion, we witnessed a god-awful woman on holiday with her two sons who not only complained about everything in sight, including the service from the staff, but she also verbally abused a waiter in the main restaurant- she even used the F word to him as he tried to clear their table. These people work long, hard hours and do not deserve to be treated by others in this manner, especially in their own country. Have some damn respect for goodness sake and maybe you will get treated the same?!
The hotel is in a beautiful location, right on the sea front, which is easy walking distance to the town center and Saturday market. We enjoyed watching the sun sets from the hotel- definitely worth the sea view upgrade we paid extra for. We did have a look inside the hotel La Blanche, next door- just to compare. It looked nice and modern, but we felt it lacked the personal, homely feel that Aegean Dream had.
We don't normally come back to the same hotel twice, but we are looking in to coming back to Aegean Dream again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis