THIS IS A LONG REVIEW BUT I URGE YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT ALL.
I returned just this morning and yes the hotel has changed hands but my review is my honest opinion. Me and my boyfriend are a young couple and this was our first time at the Agean Dream. We stayed for two weeks and our first week wasn't amazing. It was still early season so the hotel was quiet and the entertainment was similar to previous reviews (bingo, karaoke etc) however the hotel really picked up by the second week. The amphitheatre opened as well as the disco/nightclub room; there was a Turkish night with professional dancers and another group of dancers came on one evening and performed a great show. There were typical competition nights such as the "miss aegean dream competition" , best couple competition and the animation teams comedy show which was actually rather funny. The Animation are truly wonderful people, we got on so well that I actually cried when we left! They work so hard and provide lots of fun activities throughout the day. Katie, Romeo, Pedro, Matt, Jacob, Alex and Eddie are all a true credit to the hotel, it would be NOTHING without them! They are that good! The entertainment is due to get better as another 7 people were due to join the team and they were rehearsing for big shows such as mamma mia and several other shows.
The food in the hotel was good, breakfast was omelettes, fried, scrambled and boiled eggs along with pancakes, sausages and great choice of fresh fruit daily. Lunch and dinner did get a bit repetitive but there is so much choice there is no need to eat the same every time. Often fresh kebab and fresh pita bread which was our favourite along with all 3 of the Ala carte restaurants
Bar and restaurant staff all very enthusiastic and very helpful throughout our stay cumin Ali was very funny man and an asset to aegean dream
Hotel exceptionally clean, always staff around cleaning for example pool area toilets and bar were always spotless.
Yes hotel is quiet at around 12 pm but we had no problem with visiting the nightlife in turgertries or going clubbing with the animation team which is a great experience with the animation ensuring our safety at all times.
Like to say this is not a 5 star hotel but a pleasant stay, you get what you pay for and if you participate in all the activities instead of constantly looking for something to complain about (like a lot of guests did) there is no reason why you can't have a brilliant holiday like we did. It may not be as a good a hotel as it used to be but it is a pleasant hotel that should improve as the season continues.
Animation team were the highlight of our holiday not just employees but very down to earth people and great friends, we will hopefully return in September to see them again.
Lauren & Josh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis