Just returned from the Aegean Dream where we spent one week in a standard room on all inclusive basis. We had mixed weather but had a relaxing time, as long as you don’t spend too much daytime around the pool area. We spent our days on the jetty enjoying the quiet sounds of the ocean and the breeze (windy at times).
It was our first time to Turkey and we were pleasantly surprised with the experience. The people working in the hotel are probably some of the most friendly that we have met in hotels anywhere.
People will always have different views and experiences, so I cant comment on those, only to say that for the money that we paid it was great, bearing that in mind, I would have a different view had I paid full price as there are many, many better places for 500- 600 quid. If you are going to pay brochure prices then go elsewhere would be my advise.
The food was plentiful and of a good standard but I was not impressed with the way they laid out the hot main meals which were in metal roll top containers and you had to open them to peer inside to see what was on offer (same in La Blanche next door, I walked thro during their breakfast to sneak a view, also same type of food, except for freshly made smoothies). There was always plenty to choose from including freshly cooked areas outside, great salads and deserts. As for the Ala Carte, the Italian should be avoided but the Fish and Turkish were excellent experiences. White wine in the restaurant on a help yourself tap was quite drinkable whilst the red was – I don’t know really, but it wasn’t wine as we know it!
There were things that I didn’t like in the restaurant like open bottles of water (but hey, stick to the wine) and also some of the waiters were poorly turned out, but the chefs each night around the restaurant were immaculate.
Beer was good but the other spirits and juices were of poor quality. The guy in the Starlight bar will make a good cocktail tho.
There was no rush for sun beds but they did go by mid morning in the best places. The pool area is far too small and we avoided that area because of this and the loud music on times including noisy games.
This hotel is kept clean with the staff being its main asset, but it is in no way a 5 star as it shows outside. It struggles to be a 4 star in our comparisons. A previous reviewer suggested ‘luxury’, well if you live in a tent I guess that could be conceived as such but to most people this is an exaggeration beyond belief. If people travel to the same place 5 years in succession they should go elsewhere to broaden their views I feel.
The walk to the port is boring and dimly lit at night. The market on Saturday is worth a visit, but go at about 10 am, we were there for 9.15 and we had the undivided attention of all the market traders with their crazy selling techniques. As it filled up with people we could view the items on sale without being verbally battered. Apparently it gets too full later on tho.
All in all we had an excellent stay for the money we paid (£374 each) and I would recommend it for around that price and maybe a bit more. The La Blanche next door does look more upmarket than the Aegean Dream.
Free wifi could be picked up in the lobby and at various hotspots around the hotel corridors (seating areas).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis