Just got back from an October half term stay at the Aegean Dream Hotel. After reading reports of the "hotel shutting around you over the half term week" in previous years, I almost cancelled the booking.....I am so glad we didnt!
Before I give more detail.....people seem to see 5 star and expect the Ritz or The Waldorf (these are top end 5 star hotel and would be classed higher in the far east that allow for higher ratings). For my work I stay in many 5 hotels in the UK and this is comparable to most.
The early morning arrival at the hotel was no problem for the staff, allocation of room was swift with good explanation of how the "all inclusive" worked. The bell boy brought our luggage to the room and we felt guilty no tipping as we only had large notes. He didnt seem bothered and didnt seem to be expecting a tip anyway!
We were staying in the Dream Select block and the room was lovely...very modern and swish; wooden floors, very well decorated, plasma tv, DVD player, comfortable beds Bathroom was very modern too and all extremely clean. Not sure how we ended up in this block as we paid Thomas Cook's lowest price for this hotel. Free wi-fi easily connected in the room as well as public areas. The mini-bar was full of soft drinks, beer and water and was replenished daily (all part of the all-inclusive).
The facilities at the hotel were impressive with 2 outside pools, a lovely indoor pool and gym. The spa has a wonderful feel to it and you are not pressured into buying extra services such as massage etc.
The hotel beach is quite small and I can imagine very busy at the height of the season. Due to it being at the end of the season there were always plenty of beds around the pool, on the beach and on the jetties.
I cant see how anyone can complain about the food. As well as the buffet inside, there were chefs each night making various fresh food on the veranda. Just a tip....on the Turkish night do give the raw meatballs a try, VERY nice! We only went the Italian a-la-carte during our stay....while the menu is limited the food is very good.
Finally we need to mention the staff. All extremely friendly (but not overly so) and efficient. The animation team work very hard and the range of activies including the various water sports is extensive. The evening entertainment is a bit dire, but certainly made me laugh (although not for the right reasons).
We can also recommend the boat trip sold by the guy at the little stand on the beach. Very good value for money, although do be aware that you have to buy the drinks on the boat (some people thought this was included).
Can certainly recommend this hotel and will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis