Well we loved Aegean Dreams.Each night there would be chefs cooking pasta,grilling meat over charcoal and there was a huge selection of salad dishes.The people who did not rate the food seemed to be comparing with carribean super club places and lets face it Aegeon Dreams is cheaper,so don't pine when they fail to serve you lobster.
Took kids age 12 14 17,selected this hotel as peak season it seems to be about fifty percent Brits. The kids prefer this.
Turgutries is at the point where the Aegeon sea meet the Med. This creates a gentle breeze even in July and August and makes it the perfect destination if one of your party is unsure about the Turkish heat. Every day we had perfect sunshine.
This area also has very few wasps compared to other areas in Turkey, this means alot to our family.
The hotel has two jettys going out to sea, a rope connects the two creating a swimming only sea area. I like this for safety reasons. I also like the fact that plastic glasses are used round the pool where my kids have to walk with bare feet.
If you hate the hassle of Turkish shops and markets you can do a lot worse than go to the bazzar shop that is almost opposite the hotel. It sells the english newspapers, out the back are tons of fake designer clothes. You may pay a pound more for a tee shirt than at the market but you dont get hounded and the bloke will take things out the packet etc.
My best holiday tip is to return to this site and take notes a few days before you go. The reps only want to sell you trips so a litle bit of info from fellow travellers makes all the difference.Eg. The hotel has free shuttle to Bodrum some days.The spa is fab and they do an exfoliating treatment to set your skin up for a tan for £14.
Our brochure seemed confused about free watersking. It is free every day (not on drivers day off) but if the sea is choppy then it dosnt take place.
The hotel uses that sweet orange juice favored by turkish hotels. I dont like it, but if you ask for a big glass,small brandy, you can then pour red wine and the sweet orange on top and it makes a nice sangria type drink.
Yes it is the normal sunbed scramble ,and we thought the music was too loud round the pool (kids didnt). Kids sunbathed and used internet room( 5 computers normally hogged by young person).Hope this helps someone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundance Resort is located by the beach in Turgutreis, which is one of the most pleasant regions in the Bodrum peninsula. Established in a fascinating atmosphere within an area of 30.000 Square meters, the resort is composed of 2 buildings. Our hotel is located on the seaside in Turgutreis, one of Bodrum's most beautiful regions. The distance to the Bodrum airport is 51 km, Bodrum town center is 20 km and to the Turgutreis town center is 1 km. Sundance Resort has 251 rooms within two buildings. The resort has 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering various local and international cuisines and beverages. The resort has 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 kiddie pools and a water slide located in a park and an entertainment area which offers a facility for children's activities. Sundance Resort provides an excellent service for those who must work on holiday by means of a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center. Water sports activities, 3 tennis courts, 1 mini football field, beach volley area and outdoor gymnastic area meet all needs of those fond of sports while amphitheatre, Mini cinema and billiards table offer various means of entertainment for guests. Also both the outdoor and indoor car parks provide comfort to guests who have traveled by their own cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Dream Hotel Turgutreis
- Aegean Dream Resort
- Aegean Dream Turgutreis
- Sundance Resort Turkey/Turgutreis