“good value week away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“good value week away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

just got back from our week at the golden beach and i must say we had a great time, and excellent value for money! we took our 14 yr old daughter and her friend and they cant wait to go back. even shedding a few tears when we were leaving. the staff where great they work very hard, long hours and still manage to join in. Animation entertainment team had us in stitches, havent laughed so much and enjoyed holiday entertainment like that in a long time! When we all went out on a night out with them into gumbet we was looked after very well.
ok now a few negatives.... rooms are very small and basic, and the bed hard and uncomfortable. the food does get very repetitive and they just love meatballs!!! square ones, round ones, stuffed ones, flat ones....meatballs meatballs meatballs!! but then going into turguteis town for dinner is very cheap and a good night out too! we will def go back and had a great time witht hte staff and the friends that we made! ...so if ur after a cheap , basic, good value week away then golden beach is a great place to go.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank carla p

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Bargain basement all inclusive holiday destination. The rooms are basic but clean. The food is plentiful but repetitive. The staff are working hard but have a tough job to do.
Nice for a weeks break as long as you keep you expectations low.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Sotb9097

Travellers are raving about these Turgutreis hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I think golden beach hotel is a nice place with a good scenery and atmosphere, the staff are nice people and helpful a bit pushy though And animation show is very good and good laugh I would deffinetly come here again

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Jaysta0
North Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Arrived at the hotel just before lunch was about to finish, told to leave our cases in reception and go for lunch which I found quite considerate, not a negative as some have previously posted!

Yes food can be repetative,but have stayed at Bodrum Princess and paid alot more and food repetative there also. but to me this is not a negative, cos there was plenty of choice in both.

Rooms were basic and yes the bathroom was a bit mouldy but otherwise kept very clean, this is a problem with old turkish buildings and you could see the owners were making every effort to combat the problem. (well in our bathroom anyway.)

Pool areas and gardens kept very clean and tidy.

I did not find a problem with pool bar and pool food bar, although I did get told off for taking melon and orange slices from the restaurant and eating them by the pool!

Entertainment was ok and they made an effort to get everybody involved, yes there was some Polish people that were pains in the butt, but there was also some lovely polish people also.

The staff I found ok, yes there was some miserable so and so's but also some nice ones as well, but I wasn't on holiday to nit pick.

All in all we had a really good time, and would go back if the price was right.

Yes there needs to be improvements but I didn't let it spoil my holiday!

We were a family with 2 children aged 14 and 3,

1 Thank Yorkypud10
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

hotel grounds lovely, pool side kept clean, hardly any english at all, if u are english u are treated as 2nd rate citizen and always served last! bar staff very rude, like u were bothering them wen u wanted a drink, noisy music played round pool all day way too loud. animation team rubbish, just hassling u all day to play stupid games. beach awful had to cross very busy rd to get to it, balconies were tiny cudnt fit a family of 4 on it to play cards at night. wudnt go here again even if really cheap!!!

Room Tip: we complained about our room but nothing done about it so stayed in it all week, no rooms have pool...
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Arrived at hotel mid afternoon and were given our room keys. We were a party of six we had taken my mum on holiday for her birthday and our three children joined us ages 20, 22 and 25 so we were really expecting a lovely family holiday. I had told Cosmos that it was my mums speacial birthday but it was not acknowledge at all. This did not bother me but it would have been a nice touch. As soon as I saw the three rooms I had to ask to be moved as the view was of a dirt track with loads of rubble as you looked out the window. The rooms we were moved to were really not much better at all. Rooms very depressing and grubby.

Staff were not at all welcoming and as other reviewers have stated really quite rude, never smiling or friendly at all. There are two pools the quiet pool was relaxing but you had to leave by 5pm and you were almost pushed out as soon as it was 5pm all the pool beds were removed all around you and you really did feel intimidated.

There was a beach across a small road which was o.k. and there was a bar there that only servied soft drinks.

Bar staff looked so fed up. All I can say is that the drink choice was so limited for an all inclusive. You had to pay for all the cocktails even non alchoholic ones. The wine was undrinkable. Beer was o.k. as it was Effes Turkish beer and my husband did not mind it at all but even at night it was served in thick plastic cups which were sometimes dirty. There were two bars at the hotel but only one, by the pool served drinks, therefore you had to use the same bar by the pool day and night there were never enough chairs and lots of people had to sit on the pool beds by the large pool. I had never seen any thing like it. It would have been much nicer if the bar inside was open as it had a nice ambience.

One day I was taking my husband a plastic cup of water to our room, but was stoped by a very young girl who was working at the hotel and I was told that you can not take it to the room. I have never been to a hotel that does not allow you to take water or even drinks to your room. Also I was told off for filling up the water bottle they leave in your room on your arrival even though I was told by the rep that you could feel your bottle up and every one was doing so.

Food was o.k. but never warm. I just would like to say that over ten years of going to all inclusive hotels, three times in Turkey, this was the worst of all and I really would not reccomend this hotel to any one as it is of very very poor standard.

We still enjoyed our holiday as we were all togeather with my mum.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing front of hotel
3 Thank nancy d
Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Having been to Turkey nine times in resent years we were looking forward to our holiday at this hotel,the reviews seemed good and the travel company, sold it well in the brochure. We were in for a suprise .On arrival we we met by the most unhappy and un co-operative staff i have ever met anywhere in the world (and i have travelled a lot with work and on holiday)only two staff personnel smiled at me all week and one of those was a security quard. On arrivall in reception the Manager gave us the keys to a room and of we went to find it on opening the door to the room we were met by an awfull smell, looking through the window we discovered we were opposite to hotel bin location,we could not stay there, back to reception to complain .We were met by two other families who where complaining about theIr accomodation at this point the Manager threw YES THREW a whole pile of keys on the counter and said "if you can find a room that suits you help yourself",we them had families running back and two, saying dont have room so and so its awful dont have this room etc.we found a room and decided to make the most of it and wait to see the Rep the following day .We paid for a safe only to find you could lift the shelf it was screwed to out of the wardrode and walk away with it.MY FOUR YEAR OLD GRANDAUGHTER COULD HAVE MADE A BETTER JOB OF THE TILEING AND GROUTING IN OUR BATHROOM.The reps meeting was a nightmare everyone was complaining about the state of the rooms The smells blood on curtains bathrooms full of mould poor cleaning etc .when the Rep said "YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" we got up and left the meeting.our room had a cup and saucer and full ashtray on the balcony when we arrived the following day at six oclock our room had not been cleaned when we asked at recepton when it would be cleaned the maid and two managers arrive and started slagging me of for bringing cups to the room "not allowed " i explained the situation the Manager replied "not true you bring cups not last quests"
The general apperance of the hotel is good the gardens are well kept and the cleaning staff do a good job, there it ends the resturant staff and the food are discusting ,food is always cold and the staff are very dirty in apperance, i watched one waiter empty the bins and then start to serve, ice cream in the same filthy grey tee shirt he had on for a fortnight, i lost count of the times the english quests commented on the state ot the staff uniforms.the food was very poor by anybodies standard and loads of poeple complained of tummy upsets.I went for a snack at lunch time and the burger where stacked up at the back of the bar( i dont know how long they had been there )it way put on a bun with some lettuce and shoved at me across the counter ,I left it there .It was then we decided to eat out for the rest of the holiday and found some lovely restaurants inTturgutries.There was never enough sunbeds around the pool or on the beach and the loud music played all day (funky disco boom boom stuff)
the foul languagein these records was not the sort you want to hear in ahotel aroud a pool full of kids ,every other word was motherf***** i complain to amember of staff no appology but i dint hear it again.
the bar staff are the worst i have come across you cant get a smile or a thank you,they spent more time on there mobile phone or ther laptops .You feel as though its an incoveiniance to be served by them the drinks are thrown on the counter in plastic cups you dont get a glass until 10 30 in the evening when the restaurant is emptied and the also you cant get a chair to sit round the pool until them you sit on the sunbets or the walls or anywhere you can there is no comfort.The Turkish Night was embarrasing they hung a flag from the balcony and that was it .the food im told was no differant and they had a belly dancer .The beach is a joke. its agross a busy mainroad .they dont tell you this in any brochure, you need to be seen across by a security guard.it only about a hundred yards long and very narrow and at the othe end is arubbish dump believe me it was full of black bin bagd.
ALL IN ALL A BAD EXPERIANCE DONT GO THER UNLESS YOU GET IT FOR FREE I WOULDNT

Room Tip: i dont think there any good rooms
1 Thank mike s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Dragut Point South Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,043 reviews
Shark Club
Shark Club
#5 of 97 in Gumbet

Been to Golden Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!