“nice hotel,a few changes needed to make it perfect.”

La Blanche Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
somerset
“nice hotel,a few changes needed to make it perfect.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel has a lovely setting with a large pool area and right on the beach.The rooms are large and always kept clean.There are lots of places to sit around and enjoy the lovely surroundings.There was a good choice of drinks at the bar.The hotel could be perfect if a few things were made better.

1/ I was very surprised to find no hand gels outside the restaurant as every other hotel i have been to has this facility now.This is a must and especially for this standard of hotel.
2/ There was no kids buffet in the restaurant ,kids can be fussy and lots of children found it hard to find things they liked as alot of the food was spicy.All they need is to have a kids corner with chicken nuggets,hot dogs ,burgers ,plain pasta,plain pizzas,fish fingers etc.
3/ The food was ok and a good choice every evening .Some nights were better than others.Vegitarian selection a bit limited.
4/Entertainment very poor.I was shocked that again for this standard of hotel the entertainment was so bad.I think that the hotel is to blame as there must not be a budget for having live shows come in.I have been to 3/4 star hotels where there have been shows about 3 to 4 times a week like acrobats,comedians,magicians,dancers etc.The hotel need to get this sorted as alot of customers were saying they would not return unless this was sorted.
5/ Pool area needs to be kept cleaner,lots of small bits of rubbish left lying around.

I think the hotel is worthy of 4 star but not 4 star plus as thomson rate it or 5 star offical rating but with a few changes could easily reach the 5 star.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank newlyweds09somerset
LaBlancheHotel, GR Department at La Blanche Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear newlyweds09somerset,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
Regarding your comments on " a few changes" needed to make our resort perfect ,we have forwarded your observations to the relevant departments for their action and improvement.
We appreciate all the suggestions given by our valuable guests,as it helps us to develop our service.
Once again many thanks, We hope to see you next year.
La Blanche Family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 November 2013

we recently come back from la blanche ,fantastic resort,good food,nice big clean rooms but animation team is very very poor.done nothing for customers, entairment very poor at night.. dont deserve their money...but resort itself really nice,

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Huseyin C
Dear Huseyin C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our hotel in general.
Your feedback about night entertainment has been shared with the Entertainment Manage.
We hope that we'll have a chance to host your next year and to enjoy a new entertainment program,planned for 2014.

La Blanche Family.
Crediton
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a good stay here. The room we were given had two bedrooms just for the 2 of us. Two TV sets 3 telephones 2 airconditioning units. Please note none of the balconies have a table.

Food. A good choice. Waiters constantly wishing to serve you beer, water or wine with your meal. No tips at the time.Box in restaurant for tips at the end of stay.

Drinks Soft drinks premium brands. Hot drinks serve youself note if you want milk with tea you need to ask at the bar.

Beer is Efes same as you get in UK.

Spirits very poor quality. If you want to purchase premium brands they are expensive. No one bothers.

Entertainment. Evening entertainment is open air. Kids 9pm to 10pm . Show 10pm onwards usually lasts for about 35mins.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Anthony F,
Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your experience about your stay at La Blanche resort & Spa.

We do hope we'll have a chance to welcome you back again.

La Blanche Family
Angus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

What's actually is a Thomson Platinum. !!!!!!

Booked this holiday after speaking to Rep in holiday shop then booked it online off Thomson website and saved £400. The holiday Rep spoke so highly off the Platinum experience and what it would be. My partner and 1 normally have 2 holidays a yr. family one & kids free one.

From leaving Glasgow airport to arriving at hotel not a single thing was different to our previous holidays.

What is Platinum ???

We arrived to find a beautiful hotel. Very clean and looked after 24hrs aday. Pool area lovely but only half hotel gets the sun so would hate to see it at height off summer when people would be fighting for beds.

The beach area is really nice & picturesque setting but can be quite windy at times. Nice pool bar with decked area. Toilets around whole complex and very clean at all times.

Snack bar beside main pool serves chicken kebab, burgers chips toasties all day. So can't go hungry.

Main restaurant is the usual all inclusive deal. Plenty choice at breakfast lunch and evening meal,,, if you can't find something to suit your taste then I would be really shocked,,

This brings me to the main nights entertainment. Ohhhh.

Outside main restaurant there is the main bar and lovely seating area that they turn into a kids mini disco at around 8 pm . I hope this is only because it's late in the season and it's cold outside. When my kids were little they enjoyed going to kids club so understand that kids need entertained but does it really have to be located at the main 24hr bar area ???? While trying to enjoy my evening meal with hundreds off kids running a mock loud music being blared " birdy song and the likes" not really what I want for a platinum holiday. This continues till approx 10 pm so there is no where to escape From it to enjoy a relaxing drink. More like a £9.50 sun holiday at times.

Danny the rep was more intrerested in flirting with me "man" than answering my concerns about the mini disco at the main bar at night.

He said it's only there cause it's end off season. !!!!!! "I hate kids too ". Great quote from Rep.

Danny the boat man had been to every part of Scotland when you say where your from. He won't take no for a answer. If I wNt a trip ill book it. Don't need grief about it every morning.

People we all work hard for a break away. I will say really think hard about this hotel as it will let you down. There is far better hotels out there. 4or 5 star it ain't.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bhoys2013
Dear Bhoys,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. Please be sure that your remarks about night entertainment have been shared with our Management Team and we have already started planning a new entertainment program for 2014 season. Thank you once again for your feedback, as it is the only way to learn what we can improve in our service.
Hoping to host you again at La Blanche next year.

Your La Blanche Family.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I would echo much of what has been said before and in some of the more recent reviews.

We are still at the resort - last week of the season.

As the previous reviewer has pointed out I'm yet to see a member of bar staff crack as mike or acknowledge me as a guest or person! No customer service at all!

The guys on reception are the most hopeful but hampered by not very good spoken English.

While the facilities, location and rooms of the hotel meet the Thomeons platinum status the food and the service don't!

The food is dreadful in variety and quality - dried up onion rings for breakfast anyone? Although oddly (!) now a Turkish Maritime conference has started today in the hotel the food has improved....

Danny the Thomson rep was obnoxious, full of himself, uninterested and inappropriate - I have made a formal complaint.

When I told him about the lack of options in the food and quality his response was:' I've eaten in the restaurant everyday for 3 months and I think it's fine so I can't see the issue'. Sorry, I thought I was the customer...when I told him that the guy selling boat trips on site approached my 10 and 11 year old sons and told them that, if they told me they wanted to go on a trip then I would have to book it Danny's response was : 'there's no point in me telling the hotel, they will think I'm lying and it's sour grapes because it's not a Thomson trip'. So no issue then in a strange man approaching my children trying to sell them things....

He also told new platinum status varies across the world as each country is different - surely Thomeon should have the same criteria for a platinum hotel wherever it is so customers have a bench mark to go by?

His parting shot was to tell me I obviously didn't know Turkey - I do, it's my 20th visit...

In the welcome meeting his language included comments about being drunk and proposing up the bar, bootie calls and calling people Bull s******s... In front of children.

So, excluding Thomsons, to sum up the hotel; great location, great facilities, excellent spa, good standard rooms that are large and in good condition, poor to bad food, indifferent to rude staff and ice cold swimming pools with a very nice private beach. Won't be returning though- think it would be a nightmare in high season.

To be fair Thomsons local manager and support line have been very understanding and supportive

Room Tip: Poolside or sea facing
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Iainthomas39
LaBlancheHotel, GR Department at La Blanche Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear IainT39,

Thank you very much for your valuable time and for your review. We are sorry to read that your stay with us hasn't been up to your expectations. We have made a note regarding your note on some levels of service, which has already been shared with the related department for the necessary actions to be taken.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I have stayed in Turgutreis before but this is the first time we've stayed at La Blanche. The food is good - although you'll struggle if you're vegetarian. Also, although we were on our own, we both commented on the difficulties families with young children must have, as nearly all the dishes are spicey; many having chillies. The restaurant needs a good manager, as the staff are content to look at empty food containers. One morning I informed one of the staff that the orange-juice had run out, anticipating that he would arrange to get some more.... Silly me! Instead he just said, "I know." Well, it's no good 'knowing' and doing nothing.
It's worth paying a little more for a superior room, as the views and the size of the rooms are much better.
Don't worry too much about having to get up early to get a sun-bed, as the staff make a circuit of the pool just before 9am to remove unattended towels. It is nice that, when a hotel says you cannot reserve sun-beds before 09:00, they enforce it. We had been warned that the entertainment team weren't up to much - and they're not. However, as we're not too fussed about this kind of entertainment, it wasn't an issue for us.
The only let-down was the Thomson rep, Danny, who seemed to spend more time raising money for charity than attending to guests. For example, we used a taxi transfer and we had to find Danny to find out the time of our collection. Having told us that we would be notified 48 hours before departure, another couple told us that this was unlikely to happen, from their experience; and they were right!
It's still a relaxing resort, where you don't get hassled.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wings712
Dear wings712,

We have been delighted to read that you have truly enjoyed your stay with us and had a memorable experience. Your valuable comments have been shared with the Team and have placed a big smile on our faces.

We will also be looking forward to the next time

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at La Blanche hotel in October, travelling with Thomsons. The flight was fine and the transfer was good because it was daytime and we could see the scenery as we passed the north of the peninsular. After check in, we were told our room was "take the lift over there" and we were left to find our room by ourselves Be aware that the rooms are numbered in this order - block number ,then floor number then room number eg 4308 with the floor the reception is on being 2. Beforehand we had e mailed the hotel with a request for a pool view or a sea view and were rewarded with a room which overlooked the sea and the pool with fantastic sunset views. The room itself was very clean and comfortable with a large comfortable bed.
The food in the buffet restaurant as good with there being a big variety and plenty of icecream.
At lunchtime we often went to the Mexican/ oriental restaurant which was good. To eat in the a la carte restaurants you queue up from 10am but we didn't have any trouble getting a table. If you like meat you will love the a la carte restaurants.
The beach was sandy and very clean but the sea was cold when we went, but the main swimming pool was icy. There is an indoor pool which is slightly warmer, but this was full of children with inflatables. We often went on the jetty to sunbathe as the wall shaded us from the wind, and you didn't get sand everywhere.
Billy;s boat trip was good fun but not quite like the pictures on his brochure. He is a character.
We walked into Turgutreis most days for some exercise and had a couple of meals in restaurants there as a change from the all inclusives. Do haggle if you buy anything from the shops in town they expect it.
The staff in the restaurants were very efficient and cleared the tables quickly. The Mexican/Chinese restaurant had the nicest waiter. The room cleaners were very efficient. The animation team were good and not in your face. After we got home we kept saying "morning jeem, time for morning jeem" ( the keep fit lady came from Belaruss) so you will understand if you go to this hotel.
All in all we had a really good holiday and would maybe return

Room Tip: Rooms from 4301 to 4312 have pool and sea views also the rooms above eg 4401-4412 and 4501-4512
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janeron
LaBlancheHotel, GR Department at La Blanche Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear taneron,

Thank you very much for your time and we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

We will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Your La Blanche Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#9 of 54 in Turgutreis
Sundance Resort
Sundance Resort
#7 of 54 in Turgutreis

Been to La Blanche Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!