The hotel is in a very nice location next to the beach. A short walk along the promenade is Turgetris itself, which is very clean. The public parts of the hotel are all very clean. The room we were in was very clean and large although it faced onto the main road and was not looking onto the beach or pool which was disappointing, as we had requested this. However, we were hardly in the room so it didn't matter much. The bathroom is also very large and clean.
The food was generally very good. The buffet restaurant had a very good choice and even me, as a fussy eater who does not eat a lot of meat, always managed to find something. There was a lot of meat however so it may not be as easy if you are vegetarian. The desserts in the restaurant were lovely and there was always plenty of choice. The restaurant staff were very helpful and efficient. We tried the Turkish a la carte restaurant which was lovely although again there was a lot of meat dishes I could not eat. The Chinese restaurant was also nice for a change, if a bit unusual, but the service was very slow there although staff were friendly. The snack bar during the day had pizzas, chips etc and was nice for something quick. For a change, I would recommend the mexican snack bar- we had the burritos which were lovely. All staff at the hotel were helpful and efficient, even if not overly friendly. There was never too large a queue for drinks etc but the hotel was getting busier by the end of our stay.
The pool area is very large and clean and the pool itself is lovely. I did not find the water cold as other reviews had said, it was very pleasant.There are some flumes at the back of the pool which are quite fun. There was the usual problems on a package holiday of people reserving beds early with towels and then not appearing all day and the same could be said of the bean bag area at the pool, which is very annoying as we wanted a lie in and did not get up until 9.30am most days. However, we did always manage to get a bed (mostly in the shaded areas which suited us fine) although I would imagine this would be a problem as the hotel gets busier during the season or if you wanted a sunny spot. The sunbeds were also a little worn and many were broken, which again was quite annoying. One day we got a sunbed out at the beach area, on the jetty which was very peaceful and much quieter than at the pool and there were less kids at that part.
The evening entertainment from the animation team was good, if a little cheesy although they clearly put a lot of effort into it. The musical night, turkish night and comedy night were all fun and got the crowd going. There were lots of activities to do during the day, although I did not do any. A slight annoyance was the spa guy wandering past you on the sunbeds about 5 times a day trying to sell you treatments. We did not use the spa as it was quite expensive but it did look nice.
Overall, a pleasant stay in a large, safe hotel. Good food, reasonable drink and good entertainment for the price. Turgetris itself is a fairly quiet resort and there is not much to do during the day, apart from wandering round the toot shops and going to the busy market on a saturday (where you get harassed the minute you walk in). We did do a day trip to Bodrum, which is much of the same although the castle there is impressive and worth a look. You can get a transfer to Bodrum from the hotel for 32 liras for 2 people (but watch out the guy who does the transfers won't take you unless there are 4 people and he still owes me 2 liras change!) I would say generally that the area seems to be quite expensive and I chatted to someone who had been to Turkey many times and said it was much more expensive than other places in Turkey she had been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Blanche Resort & SPA is located on 22.000 m² large area in the heart of Turgutreis which has a wonderful sunset and sweet tangerine smells. This natural friendly town is the second biggest inhabitant place of the area. With authentical atmosphere, one of the most famous and biggest bazaars is also situated every week in this small Aegean town. La Blanche Resort & SPA serve the unforgettable and memorable holiday with wave breaker and private Golden sand beach which belongs to the most popular and wonderful turquise coast of Aegean Sea. La Blanche Resort & SPA is only 50 Km away from Bodrum – Milas Airport.ROOMSLa Blanche Resort & SPA has a minimalist style of architecture, keeping the typical Bodrum culture particular to modern Turkey. La Blanche Resort & SPA has six different room types which are decorated in a modern and comfortable style to suit all different pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Blanche Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Blanche Hotel Turgutreis
- La Blanche Resort And Spa
- La Blanche Turgutreis
- La Blanche Resort & Spa Turkey/Turgutreis