“Do not believe all you read”
Review of Sky Beach Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sky Beach Hotel
Ranked #10 of 16 Turgutreis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice first August 2010 and then July 2013 the hotel is clean friendly quite an a pleasure to stay at the pool is a great size we stayed as a bead and breakfast customer you get a Turkish breakfast it is not to every ones taste but we are in turkey unfortunately the beach bar has been removed not the managements choice but I was told it will be replaced within two years I love this hotel and all who work there I have no complaints and will be returning

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank gill b

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Where do I begin, firstly this in not a customer friendly hotel (unless you are spending money) - the staff are very rude and the hotel is filthy. The only good thing about this hotel is the location and setting.

Upon arrival we were shown to our room it was about 10pm when we arrived. We put our cases in our room and headed for the bar for a well deserved drink. The Barman was very pleasant giving us an excellent measure of vodka and a can of ice cold coke - until he realised we were all inclusive where our drinks were promptly removed from us and we were shown to a filthy bar in the corner for all-inclusive guests. Here we were served different vodka and flat coke from a bottle that was already open. I will continue here with the so called bar service - the bar for paying guests in very nicely decorated, bar stools, tv, iced glasses etc ...... the all inclusive bar is dirty where you had to wait for somebody to serve you on most occasions. They regularly ran out of drinks and the beer was served from plastic bottles also - very rarely did you receive Effes on tap. We had to complain on numerous times to receive the drinks we wanted once they had run out - not what you want when you have paid all-inclusive.

Waking up the following morning we looked out on the balcony - fantastic location and view. The rooms are filthy, the fridge in our room deserved nothing more than to be put in a skip, our bathroom was disgusting - shower cubicle rotten with mildew, toilet (went and bought our own cleaning materials from shop), sink we had to go to Management to ask the Cleaner to come and clean it it was that bad. The floors are dusty and dirty and the sheets are off white and so are the towels.

Food - OMG nothing but slop. We were not expecting too much for the price we paid, but on our first morning I really needed a coffee only to be shoved out of the restaurant by a waiter telling me restaurant did not open until 8.00am. I then asked for a glass for some water only to be totally ignored or the same old sentence from them "sorry do not understand". Breakfast was boiled eggs and salad - lunch and dinner 3 choices of luke warm slop and salad. Tables were never cleared, tablecloths were that dirty I removed them from our table !!!! Please note coffee is only served at breakfast and afternoon coffee break you have to pay for it at any other times - so if you like your hot drinks please take a travel kettle. You also have to pay for Air Con which is £3.00 per night.

I have been travelling to Turkey for 20 years and have never stayed in such a disgusting hotel with such arrogant staff. Also when you check out at noon on the day of departure you are no longer allowed o use any of the all-inclusive package anymore. You are treated like an animal as you are only allowed water, not nice if you are on a budget and your departure is not until late on the evening.

I have been very honest in this report The Skysea is not a nice place to stop and I would seriously consider changing if you have booked - please inbox me if you require any further details.

NB I did complain to The Manger of the Hotel only to be told sorry !!!

Room Tip: Do not book this Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank blondie-1967
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was my first time in turkey and i did read the reviews about this hotel but i thought i would see for myself.Where do i start? This was as bad as i everyone said.The hotel was very run down and rooms were dirty ish but the bed was comfy so i could live with everything else but what i couldnt live with was how rude unfriendly the staff were. They were only young lads but they didnt speak any english,there was no goodmorning,goodnite, nothing not even a smile. The man at the desk and the mangeress were just the same. My friend and i stayed here for 1 week and out of that we only had 1 hot shower,the rest of time it was cold. My friend and i was all in-clusive but the bar run out of vodka and wine but we had to wait till the evening to get any more. This hotel does not cater for english at all. I did see 1 cockroach out side my door ,this was the only one i did see. Air con was extra 50 lira for a week. The staff really should learn some people skills as we would never return or tell people about this hotel. Good point only 10-15 walk to town, no buses but can get taxi for around 10 lira, The outside area was really nice.

Room Tip: Most rooms have sea view just not the corner ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Dirty,Dirty,Dirty!!! bathroom was a disgrace, this is not a guest friendly hotel. The view to the sea is unforgetable & the sunsets were breathtaking, but oh what to let down to stay in such a lousy place, especially when you see the other hotels along the sea front. Yes there is AirCon but it is extra as is the safe deposit box, the breakfast is unimaginative & repetative, oh and there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, the beds were good and the linen was changed when requested, but the lack of a lift gets on your nerves in the end, we spent the minimum of time there wishing we were staying elsewhere, this hotel spoilt a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Ground floor - no lift
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have just got back from a 2 week holiday at the SkySea hotel with my partner and best friend. Ok, so the hotel is a 3 star, but remember you are in Turkey! Yes, it is about a 20 minute walk along the prom to the centre of Turgutreis but you could get a taxi if you wanted, it only cost 11 lira to come back from the centre to the hotel. The breakfast was typically Turkish but a toaster would have been nice! Our rooms were cleaned nearly every day and towels changed every time the room was cleaned. We were staying Bed and Breakfast so had our lunch and evening meals out of the hotel, lunch sometimes next door at the Cemre or down in the centre at Fatma Bacinin Yegi restaurant.... have the Kol Boreigi ...... you will not be disappointed!!!! The best evening meal was steak at Uncle's at the end of the prom before you get to the market. Tash's Bar at the end of Bar street was friendly and welcoming and if the 6D Cinema is open give it a go - only 10 lira per person and well worth it.
Shopping was fun, not as cheap as Turkey used to be but not too bad. Go to the big market on Saturday behind the Migros supermarket and be prepared to haggle, bargains can be had
We went on 2 boat trips with Destiny Boat - go past all the other day trip boats at the harbour to the last stand and ask for Sam - and had 2 brilliant days out. There were only about 24 of us on the boat and we all had plenty of room.
I have been going on holiday to Turkey for over 12 years now. This wasn't the best holiday I've had there but it was by no means the worst. After all, you get what you pay for and the SkySea was not that expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 to 207 had the best view and the most sun.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judith C
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Been back a week now but the Skysea experience is still very vivid in my mind!!
We arrived a little after 9.40pm, their dining room closes at 9.30pm but were'nt offered so much as a slice of bread. That was one of the evening meals down the shoot but many more were to come!! Having booked in and paid for A/C + Safe, manager then commented "you are tired and hungry", that was his first attempt for us to start parting with our cash!!
Next morning we arose and pulled back the curtain, what a spectacular sight awaited us! Areally beautiful view, this was to be the only saving grace of this establishment.
The first 2 days we were the only british people there, uncomfortable to say the least!!
The dining room experiences were second to none, we chose the none!! Breakfast being the only palletable food to be served all day, unless you paid extra! Evening meal was nothing short of PIGSWILL!! We have travelled to many places in the world and have also stayed in turkey on numerous occasions and have enjoyed different offerings from each country but this was beyond belief, infact I ate that much bread, I started to feel like the Pilsbury dough man!
The hotel is run like stallage 13, with staff escorting inmates down to the shop to report back what you had purchased!
Bedding got changed on the 9th day, floor to balcony got swept for the first time on the 11th day, Toilet needed a years supply of domestos to try and get rid of the tide mark!! Beds, like concrete, towels grey and rough, mind you it did save on exfoliateing!!
Owner very pleasent. Manager, along with his staff (with exception of the tall lad in the dining room) sullen. Manager was all over you like a rash whilst you were spending your money there but after made to feel like outcasts and if you dared to stray from the hotel, you were quized as where you had been and why had'nt you stayed there!
The private beach was just like sitting on a building site, although the council have plans to revamp it before next year, entrance into the sea and water quality appauling.
The hotel could be made really nice with a lot of money spending on it and if they start catering a little more for other countries, other than turkey!!
Hotel is a little to way out of town for me but spot on for others!!
All in all, holiday just scratching an OK, met some really nice folks but by christ I was so pleased to come home!!
You might say, well what do expect for that kind of money!! My answer is, cleanliness, good manners and a smile cost nothing and if the management took on board these critisisems perhaps they might get ratings and comments.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bootybezza
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We have just returned from an unexpected stay at this hotel. We where staying at the Cemre Hotel next door but moved to this hotel for the last five days of our holiday. We are very grateful to the manager who managed to find us a nice room if a sea view, yes the hotel is basic, but the room and bathroom where clean, which was the main thing.
Thank you again to the manager, who couldnt do enough to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The one thing I would say is that the young lads who worked on the bar liked to play headbanging music through the day any evening, which isnt to everyones taste.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple