Very good in parts. Lovely location and well designed resort split between hotel and attractively placed timeshare apartments on the other side of the Hapimag resort. Generally the food was very good for this type of holiday, though the main evening dining room was soulless and wasps to be seen all over and in the dishes of the salad food bar in the Cha Cha Mexican restaurant. (I have the photos to prove it and the restaurant staff seemed totally unbothered when I pointed it out to them.) To compensate, we dined out a couple of times in Bodrum (attractive, historically interesting, small city) which we really enjoyed. Bodrum is just 30 mins away by a regular and frequent, 1/2 hourly bus service from the resort.
The most disappointing element of the holiday was a 1 day boat trip booked through Mark Warner - we'd assumed the boat would be a traditional style gulet and in the company of say 20 or so people, but when we were dropped at the port we discovered a modern, fairly unattractive boat with already some 50 people sunbathing on the top deck - we were packed in like sardines; smoking was also permitted which made some of the trip quite unpleasant. Moreover, the boat trip had billed some good snorkelling opportunities - an 'aquarium stop' - in reality, the snorkelling was not good.
The Mark Warner staff were generally very good, though, I would have preferred not to have seen a couple of childcare staff, on at least two occasions, more engaged with their mobile phones than with the children in their care; this was happening while they were sitting with children at a table in the play area - I am not remotely suggesting any lapse of health or safety, but simply, that they were not giving the children their full attention.
Two positive notes to finish on: the representative from a local tour/excursions agency, Christine, was extremely knowledgable on the highlights and history of Bodrum. The sailing (and windsurfing) equipment was all in very good condition and the related staff enthusiastic, helpful and knowledgeable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise where the dreams of water sports enthusiasts and families come true. Children can play and discover new sporting activities on the beach, teenagers get together on boat trips, while parents relax in the Knidos Wellness Center. Sample culinary delights from many countries or go on excursions into history. Bodrum has a dry, mild climate, making it an insider tip for winter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hapimag Resort Sea Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hapimag Resort Sea Garden Hotel Bodrum
- Hapimag Resort Sea Garden Turkey/Yaliciftlik