Hapimag Resort Sea Garden
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bodrum Park Resort(Yaliciftlik)
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Bodrum Palmiye(Bodrum)
Latanya Park Resort(Yaliciftlik)
  • Pool
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Forever Club(Bodrum City)
  • Breakfast included
Leka Hotels Bodrum(Bodrum City)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmini bodrumwater sportstime sharekids clubturkeywater skiingmanzara restaurantgreat holidaya la carte restaurantsboat tripamphorawatersportstenniswindsurfminibus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We travelled with 3 chilfdren to sea Garden in june 2013.The hotel was nice for family holiday,quiet,beautiful nature.Sea Garden situated not very far from Bodrum city centre and we had chance to see surroundings.The food and cleaning was good.If you would like to have quiet cheap holiday we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Zarina K
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As we arrived at the airport ,we got a cold welcome from the staff of mark Warner almost as if you were in a children's camp.
D

To sum up:If you remotely like sport GO ELSEWHERE, if you like food GO ELSEWHERE, if you like sleeling at night GO ELSEWHERE, if you like entertainment GO ELSEWHERE and finally if you enjoy a fun sporty seaside holiday, for Gods sake, GO ELSEWHERE.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank realism123467788
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just came back from this lovely hotel which is perfectly located by a lovely bay within big green pine trees. We had a lovely check-in made by Mrs Orkide at reception and were offered a welcome drink as well. We have stayed in the villa side and had the convenience of one bed roomed apartment with an American type kitchenette.
On Sunday I would recommend the brunch which was served at Orient Restaurant which has breath taking views of the pine trees meeting with the sea. We have taken walks towards the fishing boat bay and the hill next to the hotel. You can get the tracking map or just follow the colored rocks.
Our stay was off summer season but we had lovely 2 sunny days and have enjoyed our time.
Ms Ebru was so kind at check out and also was very helpful and friendly.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled with 4 children to Sea Garden with Mark Warner in August 2012. We had an absolutely fantastic holiday. I would thoroughly recommend it. In fact, three weeks after my return I had already booked for next year, which I have never done before (as did another family we made friends with). It was so friendly, the staff are great and because it is a family holiday it was easy to make friends. There was quite a big community of single parents. I would recommend the social dinner which I think is on the 2nd night - I didn't go in the first week as I find things like that a bit in your face, but when I went in the second week I wished I had. It is not just for singletons, but lots of families go too.

Mark Warner has an all inclusive package, and I chose the hotel because of this. Mark Warner has not taken over the whole hotel and there are other guests of all nationalities. Other guests are on different deals, and do not get to use the children's clubs or water sports which are exclusively MW. The resort extends beyond the hotel, further up the hill where there is a beauty salon, shops, ice cream parlour, bars, night club, evening club for teenagers etc (known as "Mini Bodrum"). And beyond that are time share apartments and another bay. The bars etc in Mini Bodrum are generally not included in the all inclusive package (except the teenage club, ice cream parlour and one bar). We used tokens to eat at a restaurant up there, but I didn't think it was that great. It is fun to go up there for an ice cream in the evenings with the children, and on Turkish night (where you have to use a token).

The resort is set on a hillside. There are four accommodation blocks. Reception is at the top of the hill. I know from other reviews that people have complained about the hill: I did not find it a problem at all, not even with the children. There is a shuttle (like a giant golf buggy) but its service was very intermittent. It goes right up to Mini Brodrum, which is quite useful for tired lets. We were in Block 3. Block 1 is right at the bottom, it might be noisy at night (although everything is shut by 12) and Block 2 backs out onto the gardens at the bottom. I didn't find the walk back to block 3 hard going, in fact it made it easier to get up to the main hotel as we were already half way! I think Block 2 is probably the best, after that I'd choose 3. 1 is too far away from reception (where one of the main evening restaurants is).

I thought the rooms were good quality, they did what they said on the tin. The food was pretty average, but fine. There are two main restaurants in the evenings. They are crowded and you can struggle to get a table if there are more than 4 of you, which was a bit of a pain. There are other restaurants, which you have to book, using tokens you are given at the start of the holiday. These other restaurants are a bit hit and miss: we didn't really like the one in Mini Bodrum, but really liked La Cucina. You get 2 (or 3?) tokens each for each week you are there. At lunch there is only one choice. Try to avoid sitting around the edge at lunch, because there are enormous hornets which come in through the open windows to feast on the food: they tend only to go the tables near the open windows. There is afternoon tea/coffee/cakes, and an ice cream stand near the beach every afternoon for the children. Ice cold bottles of water are available all day at the beach bar.

There are two bars, the beach bar at the bottom, and another at the top in reception (not much atmosphere up there). The beach bar shuts at 12 (the barman then goes up to be the barman in the Buddha nightclub at the top). There are other bars and a nightclub at the top (in Mini Bodrum), and a teenagers evening club.

The Mark Warner service was excellent. My children really loved the clubs, especially my 13 year old (surprisingly). I hardly saw her the entire holiday: she arranged to meet up with her friends in the evenings as well as spending all day with them (a good and bad thing!). The watersports were great. Adult classes were not always timed to coincide with the children's clubs, which was a bit of a problem, but the staff sorted that out, and we made friends who also helped with signing the children in/out (it is a very friendly resort).

I have a child who has an epipen and it was no problem (Club Med kids clubs will not take children with epipens). He has a nut allergy, so had to avoid some of the foods as Turkish cooking uses lots of nuts, but we did not find it hard going at all. He couldn't have any of the desserts, but in the evening we often went up to Mini Bodrum for an ice cream (the ice cream place is included in the all inclusive package).

Lost property is a bit of a shambles: we lost a children's ruck sack in the first week at the water sports place, with sailing shoes and a rash vest in it (and an ipod, grrrrrrr) which never turned up and I was very disappointed with this, but that's life. There didn't seem to be a central lost property collection. Other things we mislaid did turn up.

There is a Turkish night twice a week at the very top in Mini Bodrum, a bit of a climb but lovely when you get up there (you have to use your token, so only go once). It is very crowded, and again you struggle to get a table for a larger party. There are some shops up there too, and a hairdresser who will braid the children's hair.

I took my own snorkels and fins and there is not a great deal to see, but it was nice to go off every day. I also did a beginner's adult sailing course and had great fun out on the boats. I booked courses for the children, but wished I hadn't for three of my children, as it took them out of the clubs which they were really enjoying (the fourth was much keener to go to classes so was happy). The group courses are great value at £50 for a week. It is not necessary to book courses because the clubs are so great, with very varied activities and wonderful staff.

I didn't find there was any issue with mosquitoes or biting insects.

We went into Bodrum late one afternoon, on the local bus for dinner and shopping: had a great time but struggled to get a seat on the bus back (they are mini-buses), but we didn't mind standing and got seats after 10 minutes when locals got off.

I tried the spa for a leg wax (very thorough), but didn't have any other treatments up there.

We stayed for two weeks, because one never seems like enough. Most other people stayed for 1 week.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we all had a great time. I was very pleased with everything. I had read the reviews and did not have unreasonable expectations (eg I knew other reviewers said the food wasn't fantastic). The entire holiday exceeded those expectations and I was delighted with it. My first MW experience and not my last.

Room Tip: Blocks 2 or 3 if you have children (block 2 is closer to the bottom, block 3 is halfway so you never have far to walk, whether you are going up or down)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Loadsofkids_13
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here on a Mark Warner holiday. This is by far the best Mark Warner I have stayed at, the food was excellent and the location was perfect. The resort is a real oasis set amongst trees that lead down to the sea and its entertainment area. The main restaurant is also down near the sea as is the bar. The buffet choices at the restaurant by the sea were excellent, particularly the breakfast omelettes! The resort also had other restaurants which had limited visits as part of the all inclusive, we tried the Mexican which wasnt great. The main restaurant for dinner was up at the main resort complex, it wasnt as nice as the sea front, the problem with buffets at dinner is that you kind of turn up, pick up, eat and leave and it never feels special.
The watersports at the resort are ok, quite good winds in the afternoon for sailing. They didnt have waterskiing which didnt bother me.
The all inclusive drinks are ok, although the measures are measly. The wine was a big improvement on the wines at Mark Warners Greek clubs!!

Room Tip: try and eat at the restaurant by the sea for the fish dinner as well, spectacular.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family