“Amazing!”

Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Yaliciftlik
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent a day here while on a cruise stop at Bodrum. So this review covers the grounds, beach, pool and restaurant, not the hotel rooms. That said, I'd bet the guest rooms are great too! This is a special property. The giant pool/s overlooks the sea and the pool deck area never feels crowded. The service at the pool was top notch. I got up to lower the umbrella and before I could even get it down an attendant was right there to do it for us.

While a walk to the beach takes a few mins from the hotel/pool area the views on the hike alone make it worth it the steep walk down. The hotel offers golf cart service up/down from the beach but we opted to walk it! The beach service is just as good as by the pool. Again, attendants came by with complimentary refreshments some type of iced coffee frape drink, and are always close by for ordering anything you may want. The beach itself is ok, but the water is some of the cleanest, clearest water I've ever seen - anywhere in the world!

The beach front open aired restaurant was excellent. Had some of the freshest fish of the trip and a mezze plate that was delicious and very authentic.

The grounds are immaculate with lush landscaping. If I'm ever back in Turkey - I'd stay here or at another Kempinski property without a second thought.

The hotel is a bit off the beaten path so if you want lots of action outside the hotel or get bored with the same place you may want to look elsewhere or rent a car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zis78
KempinskiBarbaros, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with Kempinski Barbaros Bay Bodrum. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your short visit to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is excellent, beautiful, modern in a paradisiac place.
The reception and guest relations are soberb
The spa and the haman excellent
I have two comments:
1-We were very well served and pamperized by the waiter Sami, that did all his efforts to transform our three dinners at Olive restaurant in an overhelming experience
2- The service at the beach is very bad. In our first day it was regular, as it was at the second day when we call the waiter and since he didn't come in 1 hour, we have given up. Regular means there is no waiters, no assistance and very untrained waiters, uncharacteristic side of the Kempinski management. On my third day I ordered through the waiter Burak a Niçoise salad with extra anchovies. I have to enphasize that I have had to enforce for 3 times that he brings me a menu. When I received the salad there was NO anchovies at all on my salad. I told to the waiter Burak that a Niçoise salad must have anchovies and he answered me that they were finished. This is a great fault not only of this waiter, but also the Barbarossa sea restaurant manager. I think that this waiter Burak is the wrong emplyee in the wrong place. For my friends and to Tripadvisor I will recommend the Kempinski Barbaros Bay. But I will also reinforce them to make their meals at the main building, avoiding the bad experiences that I have on the beach restaurant, that are against Kempinski hotelier tradition

Enviada do meu iPad

Room Tip: The deluxe room has great sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wilson S

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with feedback. We regret to hear that we fell short in any way regarding the service you received at our beach. We are committed to making every guest feel welcomed to our hotel as well as providing excellent service. We extend our sincere apologies if we did not succeed in fulfilling this. We have shared your feedback with related departments and do hope we can welcome you back in the future for a more pleasurable stay.

Kai Winkler;

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in March 2013, which is the low season in Bodrum and came to our advantage. The hotel was very quiet so the staff gave us so much attention. We got great service. First we got an upgrade and then a cake was awaiting us in the room with a bottle of wine. We are Muslim and we told them we don't drink they were very attentive and quickly replaced the wine and was replaced with a prayer mat and prayer beads.The view is incredible! The pool was lovely. The bathroom was very nice, room was clean, food was very good, but we only had 2 options room service or 1 resturant which is open during that time of year. It is quiet expensive but the quality of service and friendliness of staff made it worth it. Oh and the breakfast buffet was incredible.
The hotel is quiet isolated, and takes about 40 mins from the airport, but as you drive threw the small village on the way to the hotel you really get a sense of feeling the local life.

I would definitely recommend it for a couple.

Stayed: August 2013

Dear Shariafa A,

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your recent stay at the Kempinski Barbaros Bay Bodrum. We sincerely appreciate your decision to spend your honey moon at our resort. Rest assured, your kind compliments will be shared with all the departments and the entire team.

We look forward of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

While I did not get to spend much time at the hotel, the experience that I did have was fantastic. I would certainly spend more time here on the next trip to the region. While some say that the hotel is spread out, I find that this is one of the beauties of the hotel. It offers all sorts of little nooks to discover that are all well thought out and provide quiet spaces. Also being spread out a bit there is a nice aspect of adventure on the property, finding all that it has to offer. The two level, boat dock bar was great and the beach was pleasant. It doesn't have a broad stretch of sand but provides quick and calm water access with plenty of room to swim. The beach and pool areas have plenty of lounges and umbrellas for your comfort as well as staff that are readily available. The restaurants were good and the Italian restaurant has a great open-aired area atop a cantilevered deck. Breakfast also has a broad offering of food choices! My room was spacious and comfortable with a nice balcony and a breathtaking view of the bay. The staff were friendly and accommodating and if you need/want to stay connected there is 5 bars of cell network virtually everywhere as well as hotel wifi throughout the resort. The city of Bodrum is about a 25 minute ride away and full of night life, bars and restaurants and the area has plenty to explore in terms of old historical sites.

Room Tip: It looks like all the 170+ rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel has one of the nicest beaches in Bodrum Turkey ,,,, thats it.
The rest was inconsistent , the service depended on the individuals serving you , no feel of hands on management , one or two stood out from the rest , like Masout from the blue lounge and the concierge and Anna a nice lady serving around the pool > The assistant gm was also helpful , but
the overall feeling was a roller coaster .

Room Tip: rooms facing the sea 8th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Khalid A
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I just left this beautiful hotel yesterday after spending 5 gorgeous days I love everything about it the beach the pool the rooms everything is done tastefully the service on the beach is great u can ask for anything and they will get it for u and there is a great restaurant on the beach with great food , of course there is another three restaurants that u can go to I love Saigon an Asian place with great food and ambience and of course la Luce an Italian place with great service and amazing food and I should mention the sun deck a new bar on the water amazing place but alas always empty I don't know why maybe they need more advertisement , and of course all the rooms face the sea with an amazing view and by the way they upgraded us to a higher room which was great of them at last if u r going to relax and have great time by the sea and good food go to this great hotel and of course don't forget to bring your credits card it is a bit on the expensive side but believe me it is worth it

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Hannaudeh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that your stay at Kempinski Barbaros Bay was up to your expectations. Your comments are valuable to us and they are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is nice but very disjointed. I have never seen more sets of stairs in my life. You almost need google maps to get to the beach. The rooms are nice and spacious. Our room had a nice big balcony and a beautiful view of the bay. The breakfasts are good. We ate one night in the Asian/ Japanese restaurant Saigon it was good but extremely expensive. The staff are helpful. I have stayed at nicer kempinski hotels. It is advisable to hire a car as the hotel is not near anything. I think the new mandarin oriental and the Grand? Savoy will give this hotel a run for their money. The spa is great

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shaunb2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yaliciftlik
Mandarin Oriental, Bodrum
Vogue Bodrum
Vogue Bodrum
#3 of 24 in Torba
Caresse a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Been to Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay? Share your experiences!