“Just No!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Apex
fayetteville
“Just No!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Rooms were clean, so don't be turned away if you have an early check-in time. However, I felt as a choice diamond member that the management was a little unclear about the late check-out courtesies they should extend to frequent elite guests (diamond level) of the choice hotels international chain.

-We usually are granted check-out times as a choice elite member (as late as 2PM) by most hotels (UNLESS they do not have availability (i.e. lots of guests needing to check-in))....this hotel had plenty of availability the day I stayed and the manager did not allow me to have even a 1PM check-out time and called it "extremely late". We normally get till 2 as diamonds or elite members in general.

-We are supposed to get upgraded rooms when available as elite members.

-Do not make rude faces at guests when checking in late....this does not make us feel valued.

-Do not assume that unfair practices such as not allowing a late-checkout to an elite guest who checks in late @ night will help your business, because it won't! Any guest that feels respected and cared for, will return, and is more likely to leave positive reviews which attracts MORE guests and MORE money for you business in the long-run. We are not prey for you to price gouge upon just because we checked in at a later time. If rooms are available, what is so bad about giving us a few extra hours to rest?

Room Tip: do not come here if you are checking in after 7pm if you require rest
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southport, NC
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have stayed elsewhere in the past because I thought this hotel was too far out but it's not. It ls located at the crossroads of US-1 and Rt-55. Its quick to I-40 and the Cary/Raleigh area. It's quiet, the people are friendly, the room was well appointed and clean. The breakfast was good but didn't have bagels like everyone else. The hotel seems to be located in a good area and has interior corridors. With it's reasonable price, location,and cleanliness, I'll be back again.
The only thing that was not up to par was that the picture on our TV was a little fuzzy. At checkout I mentioned this to the front desk. They said they would check it and mentioned in the next few months they will be installing digital HD TV's.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel recently added electric front doors which was nice since we had alot of bags. The room was clean and the breakfast was also good.
Great value for the money we paid. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with giving us information about the area. They don't have an elevator but we got a room on the first floor when we asked for it. I will go back to this hotel again.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2009

All interior corridors with elevator. Check in was quick, clerk very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable with the typical amenities. Good TV channel lineup, wi-fi worked well. Typical CI breakfast with waffles, pastries, toast, bagels, etc. This was a fairly brief stay for me, checked in at 9pm and was out first thing in the morning so not a whole lot I can say, but I had no issues whatsoever and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 17 March 2006

We arrived at the hotel about 1 am and had to be buzzed in. The clerk was not very friendly. The elevators did not work and we had to carry our two sleeping children and our suitcases up a flight of stairs. The carpets were dirty and the room smelled of smoke. The next morning we had a flat tire. We must have driven over the broken beer glass bottles in the parking lot. If it wasn't so late in the evening we would have left immediately.

Stayed February 2006
3 Thank Searchmeister

Travellers are raving about these Apex hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 January 2004

Because of the recent ice and snow I stayed here overnight since it's close to my office. This place far exceeded my expectations although I must admit that my expectations weren't very high to begin with. The room was very clean and well appointed. And for $59.95 I had -

A king size bed Refrigerator Microwave Coffee maker Love seat/pull-out bed Coffee table Desk and chair Free continental breakfast

All in very quiet, comfortable surroundings.

I've stayed in nicer hotels, no doubt. But in terms of value for my dollar I don't think I've ever gotten more than I got at this hotel.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Comfort Suites Regency Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary

Been to Comfort Inn Apex? Share your experiences!