“OK, if you have a coupon”
Review of Ichiban Sushi and Steak - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ichiban Sushi and Steak
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The food is average, (the ginger salad has dressing on it that should be bottled and sold!!) but other than that the sushi is over priced and the tuna they sell is chopped and mixed with something else so you aren't getting truly 100% tuna. A new technique that some restaurants are doing to cut costs..for themselves, not for the customers.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I went with my husband for a special night out at Ichiban and had the sushi boat. It was wonderful. The sushi was beautiful and fresh. The staff was great and we really enjoyed the place. We will eat there again.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife & I both love Sushi and/or Sashimi and eat it often and whereever we happen to be traveling.

While the service was fairly fast the Sushi was only so-so. There are a number of Sushi places in the Triangle with better Sushi and more variety.

I will probably go back if we are looking for a quick dinner but only because it is less then 10 min from our house. Otherwise there are others we will go to first.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and daughter are great sushi fans. They have tried sushi all over the world (literally) and on both coasts of this continent. We have tried a few other sushi restaurants in the surrounding area and we all agree that this place is the freshest and tastiest. I always order the hibachi meals and am never dissatisfied. When you go in, say "hi" to Connie. She is the head of the waitstaff and as friendly as you would expect someone in NC to be. The prices are good and bar service is available. After reading a couple of the other reviews, it is child friendly but not young child friendly (i.e, no crayons, no play area and news plays on the television, not Sesame Street.). It is mainly a sushi place. If you like sushi, this is the place to go. If you want young child friendly, head over to Chick-fil-a.

1  Thank ncdolphin
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I went there with a friend of mine earlier for dinner and we felt we were VERY badly treated and discriminated because we have 3 kids each with us. My 19 months old used their chopstick as a drumstick, and the waiter took the chopstick right out of my child's hand. The whole time we were there, the lady boss kept giving us a certain look whenever she walked past our table. Then my friend's child (2 years old) used her chopsticks as drumstick, and from the corner of my eyes, I can see lady boss heading towards us, but she stopped when my friend's child stopped using the chopsticks as drumsticks. Lady boss was close enough for me to hear her loud "SIGH" and disgust. All this time, the service they gave to other customer was extremely nice and friendly. They even greeted them with "Hi" and "Welcome" and "Thank you" We got none of that when we walk in the door! Other customers get friendly smile and small talk while we get hard cold stare! Our children are very well behaved. We even bought playing cards to keep occupied while waiting for the food. We even got smiles from other customers, unfortunately the staffs don't seems to appreciate business from customers that have more then 1 child! Towards the end of our meal, my 19 months got up from his high chair and attempted to climb on the table, which I didn't allow. My child wasn't even close to getting on the table, he was just attempting, and Lady Boss, came over, and quite rudely and a bit higher tone than what I would have liked "NO! NO! Sit! SIT!" and attempted to push my child down! Can you imagine that!! After leaving the restaurant with my kids, I asked my friend to watch my children for a second while I went back and gave them a piece of my mind! Surprising, when I walked in the door (without the kids this time), I was greeted by a big "HELLO!!" and "WELCOME!" I was just here 5 minutes ago!! What a big difference! If you have a family, avoid this restaurant! There's plenty of other Japanese Restaurant out there (Wasabi at Waverly Place, Cary. or Asahi at Chapel Hill Rd, Morrisville ) that serves better food and definitely a better service!

2  Thank glinxs