“Great Beers. Great People. Good Food.”
Review of Salem Street Pub

Salem Street Pub
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Salem Street Pub in Downtown Apex is worth your while if you dig local beers. It's got an extensive menu of interesting brews from a bunch of area breweries. That's one of my favorite things about it.

The food is good -- but not great. Typical "pub" menu with a nice selection of burgers, sandwiches and salads. Both meals that I have had -- a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and a Hot Ham and Cheese -- were average. Nothing to write home about, but not below my expectations either.

The only challenge with the SSP is that it's really popular and a bit on the small side -- so getting a table can sometimes be a challenge.

All in all, this is a local business that is definitely worth your visit if you are in from out of town and is definitely worth supporting if you live in the Cary/Apex area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nestled on the main drag in downtown Apex, you will want to stop in for afternoon beer and the games of the day. Many different local beers on tap - try some they won't disappoint. Burgers are cooked to perfection and don't miss out on their famous Patty Melt - voted the best in the area and it sure is. Family friendly atmosphere and limited outdoor seating if the weather is good. Be sure to stroll historic Salem Street - all the shops and their owners are the best and will welcome your visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've only eaten here once, but the burgers rival all others I've had. It's a family-friendly atmosphere.
Located in downtown Apex, which is always a joy to roam through surrounding shops.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We ate lunch at the SSP, and glad we did. We had wraps and beer. My husband had the greek and I had the turkey wrap. They were both delicious! Try it you won't be sorry. They have a good selection of beer. It was a casual and fun experience. Service was good.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We've found our favorite burger bar! We came back to Salem Street for our burger fix and enjoyed (once again) their beer selection on tap and the burgers. Service is always outstanding and our favorite burger has become "My wife said it wouldn't sell" - interesting combination but really good.

Been to Salem Street Pub? Share your experiences!