“Saviors...”

Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We travelled to Raleigh for the NC state fair, and I thought that I had booked 2 nights. Unfortunately, I only booked one and the hotel was full, so the manager was able to find us a room at this Holiday Inn Express. They took us in before check-in and gave us a nice room. The lady at the desk, Karla, was an absolute gem! I locked my keys in the car, and she called and handles all the arrangements to get them out for me! She was a pleasure to meet and she went above and way beyond her call of duty to help me out!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at this location a couple of years ago and was less than impressed. Since then, they seem to have made great strides at cleaning and at friendliness. Like some others have said, the AC is a little loud, but that is the nature of that type of AC where every room is on its own unit. Unlike a lot of hotels, they don't have those annoying motion detectors that shut off the AC as soon as you leave the room. Accordingly, you can keep the room temperature rather comfortable. They also have a pool, which is a big plus with the kids.

My "group" had two rooms and we all thought they were good. The breakfast was decent, but not spectacular. Hey, it's better than what I eat at home!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is good, close to major highways. Price was very fair. Noisy air conditioner in room and limited breakfast options were only negatives.

Room Tip: Test A/C noise level when you arrive. If noisy, request to change. I wish I did.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Spent 3 nights in Apex, NC. King size bed ( the best my wife & I have ever slept on ) thank you very much. Oh, did I tell you the room came with a jacuzzi. Now you have to supply the wine yourself, to make it truly relaxing...& we did. The staff was more that generous. Centered around our points of interest.

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed & jacuzzi...& unwind. Faces the west, though the windows are tinted...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlie C
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed at the HIE in Apex, NC for the first time while there on business and was very satisfied with my 3 night stay. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a couples of very nice ladies working the desk. Check in was very quick and acknowledged me being a Platinum member. They were also very helpful in answering any questions about places to eat, directions, etc. The room was very spacious and very clean as most HIE's are. The bed was also very comfortable. WiFi access was very good all week which is important to me for work related stuff. Breakfast was the normal HIE breakfast they serve. Everything was always hot and fresh each morning and the breakfast host was always on top of things. I would highly recommend this hotel if ever in the Apex/Raleigh area. I will definitely be staying here when in town on business.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MikesTikibar
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Family came to visit and they insist that i book this Hotel each time. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, a but probably the best part is the convenient location. We explored Salem St in Downtown Apex, with plenty of shops and restaurants just minutes away, it is also covenient to Downtown Raleigh, RDU Airport, RTP, or Crabtree Valley Mall as well. The convenience and friendly staff always make this my go to Hotel when family or friends come to visit. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn in Apex for business during the last week of January. The hotel was very clean and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was great for a quick hotel breakfast. The front desk staff were friendly. I would definitely stay again, and would recommend to anyone looking to stay in the area!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Fuquay-Varina

Been to Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh? Share your experiences!