“Continued Great Service”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Cleveland, Ohio
“Continued Great Service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

While I already completed a review of this hotel about a year or two ago (which tells you I have repeatedly returned), I have to do another review to include some comments regarding my stay last week. I had the misfortune of traveling to this area during one rare and area crippling snow storm. Management stepped up and brought in dinner from Carrabas that night which I thought was awesome. After slipping around on untreated roads, with no ice scraper in the rental car, I came back to the hotel that night to find out I didnt have to worry about dinner. Thank you!

My only complaint (which has nothing to do with the hotel) is that they are in bad need of a full service restaurant in this area. Please keep up the good work and by the way the rooms remain clean and comfy..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Moetpa,
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! We don't have that kind of weather often here in Apex, NC, but when it happens we try to make sure our guest have what they need to make it thru the snowy days. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Holiday Inns just don't get wireless. They think that if it works when one person is testing it that it will work when 30 are trying to use it at the same time (bandwidth). They don't realize that every time you stop using your iPad you don't want to have to log in again when you pick it up again it 5 minutes later. Hampton Inns get it - it's not rocket science. Other than the fact that I couldn't work or stream music, this was a decent hotel. The wireless issue is not an indictment of this particular hotel - it's a problem at every Holiday Inn I've stayed at, which is why I always try to find another alternative. They don't have a clue how much money they lose from people like me who opt to stay elsewhere whenever possible. I'm an IT guy and I'm on the road constantly - good wireless doesn't cost that much more than crappy wireless - get a clue, Holiday Inn.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DJ M
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
DJM-I appreciate all of our guest comments. Our "IT" team got right on this issue....and guess what they fixed it! Now you don't have to keep logging in to keep your connection active...Thanks to your comments you have saved a few frustrated tech savy folks...Thanks for your help!!! PS: They also tweeked our Gateway....try us next time you're in town.....Safe Travels
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Seems brand new but maybe just a remodel. Clean! Brightly lit. Beds comfortable.

We had an early morning one day due to people across the hall checking out with kids......really noisy kids! When I went to find out if they were really checking out and told the desk attendant why I was asking, she took ten dollars off the bill. I thought that gesture was very nice considering they have no control over people with poor hotel etiquette:)

Room Tip: Be sure and put do not disturb sign out. One day housekeeping came a bit earlier than usual.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Spent two nights here and we were both very pleased. Very pleasant staff and a very clean hotel. The room we booked had two queens. four pillows per bed (yahoo!!) nice bathroom and a great hot shower. Morning breakfast was about as expected but good. Since we have children in Apex with now 3 grand children, we will be staying here again (and again)....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hickory, NC
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We travelled to Raleigh for the NC state fair, and I thought that I had booked 2 nights. Unfortunately, I only booked one and the hotel was full, so the manager was able to find us a room at this Holiday Inn Express. They took us in before check-in and gave us a nice room. The lady at the desk, Karla, was an absolute gem! I locked my keys in the car, and she called and handles all the arrangements to get them out for me! She was a pleasure to meet and she went above and way beyond her call of duty to help me out!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Piney Flats, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at this location a couple of years ago and was less than impressed. Since then, they seem to have made great strides at cleaning and at friendliness. Like some others have said, the AC is a little loud, but that is the nature of that type of AC where every room is on its own unit. Unlike a lot of hotels, they don't have those annoying motion detectors that shut off the AC as soon as you leave the room. Accordingly, you can keep the room temperature rather comfortable. They also have a pool, which is a big plus with the kids.

My "group" had two rooms and we all thought they were good. The breakfast was decent, but not spectacular. Hey, it's better than what I eat at home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is good, close to major highways. Price was very fair. Noisy air conditioner in room and limited breakfast options were only negatives.

Room Tip: Test A/C noise level when you arrive. If noisy, request to change. I wish I did.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Comfort Suites Regency Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh? Share your experiences!