“Suburban stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Jacksonville, Florida
“Suburban stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find off the highway, yet secluded enough not to hear road noise. We received a pleasant welcome complete with wifi number. They provided a tasty breakfast. The room was very generous and spotless.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family stayed here for four nights in mid-July 2014. The room was comfortable and clean, and the overall premises were well-kept. The free breakfast was good, with some nice hot options (scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls). I would say the aforementioned warrants 4 stars, but what really pushed this place to an "Excellent" rating was simply the customer service. Every single person I ran into was friendly and eager to help, and wanted to ensure we were having the best most pleasant stay possible. Cherry, Ben, and everyone else working there should be commended by HIX for their exceptional customer service. I truly appreciated that they went above and beyond for our stay, and they've made me now consider HIX as my top choice in this class (above Hampton Inn, my prior favorite). Thank you again to the entire team.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SkinnyLumpkin
Auburn
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Looked quick for a resonably priced hotel for myself plus 3. Just what we needed to recharge ourselves & continue our road trip. Clean, quiet, comfortable, good shower (nothing worse than low flow / spotty water coverage)! Also, a nice, fresh breakfast variety.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 2014Frannie
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For this price point, I was pleased with how clean and updated the rooms were. This hotel is right off of a highway and tucked behind 2 fast food restaurants. I had to make last minute reservations for my family and I over a holiday weekend. I did use the out door pool one evening and it was also very clean. This hotel was accommodating to my family and I. If needed, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DogRiley
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had five rooms here for my daughters graduation from Duke University. The hotel staff were very accommodating to all of us. The breakfast staff did a great job keeping the breakfast supplied and were friendly. The beds were comfortable. The check-in staff were helpful. The only thing I can complain about is we all thought the pool would be open ( may 9th weekend) but it doesn't open until Memorial Day. Bear that in mind if you plan on swimming during your visit. From what I understand only the hotels in Raleigh and Durham with indoor pools are open in their "off season". The location of this hotel is about 40 minutes from Duke
University. Also what we didn't know is that the expressway has tolls on it. So what you think you're saving on the room being out of Durham during this high demand time is not such a saving when you factor in travel back and forth and tolls. We would stay here again if we had reason to stay in Apex. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Target and Walmart are close by.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Hobiebeach
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Was passing by and visiting family in the area. At night the property is a little difficult to see from road as it sits behind a gas station and a fast food business. The lobby had a scent of cigarette smoke but the non-smoking room did not have that smell at all. The breakfast room was large and easily can get to all the items because of the room available to handle even a weekend flow of guests trying to get breakfast. The two days we stayed the breakfast was well stocked, items were fresh, and they had enough associates helping to assist guests, clean up, and even reload items so that was very welcomed. It makes a difference when you have friendly people that want to serve and assist compared to a super high end hotel that serves you with an attitude.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Mike P,
Thank you for your review! I wanted you to know we have moved our ash urn for smoking a little further away from the front entrance of the hotel. I am hoping that will eliminate the smell you experienced in the entrance. Thank you for the great comments about our breakfast we have recently updated a few things and I am glad it was noticed in a positive way.
Yes, we are tucked away, often joking we are the best kept secret in Apex, I'm glad you found us!!
Please come visit us again!! Have a great Summer!
Cherry Champion
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 February 2014

While I already completed a review of this hotel about a year or two ago (which tells you I have repeatedly returned), I have to do another review to include some comments regarding my stay last week. I had the misfortune of traveling to this area during one rare and area crippling snow storm. Management stepped up and brought in dinner from Carrabas that night which I thought was awesome. After slipping around on untreated roads, with no ice scraper in the rental car, I came back to the hotel that night to find out I didnt have to worry about dinner. Thank you!

My only complaint (which has nothing to do with the hotel) is that they are in bad need of a full service restaurant in this area. Please keep up the good work and by the way the rooms remain clean and comfy..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Moetpa,
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! We don't have that kind of weather often here in Apex, NC, but when it happens we try to make sure our guest have what they need to make it thru the snowy days. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary

Been to Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh? Share your experiences!