“Tasty Local Treat.”

Dining options: After-hours
Apex, North Carolina
“Tasty Local Treat.”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great outdoor seating with tasty food and attentive service. One of our favorite places to eat out during warmer weather since it's close and everyone in our family likes the food there. We only go about once every 5-6 weeks when it's cold out as the atmosphere indoors is not as pleasant (typical sports bar set up with several TV's and dark). However, we still go there once in a while during the winter because their shrimp po' boys are to die for and come with your choice of very nice sides.

Outside atmosphere is great; indoor atmosphere, not so much.

• Visited January 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Local Goodness”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

JD's doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's awesome once you get inside. The food is very good - especially the grilled wings - and they have an above average beer menu. The restaurant is clearly well managed, as it is always clean and seems to be very new and constantly updated. I'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
Apex, North Carolina
“Local Gem!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Great Service, delicious food and fun atmosphere, JD's has it all! The Asiago Bowtie & Chicken Pasta is superb! Philly Cheese Steaks are big enough to share. Even the fruit cup side dish was fresh & yummy!

• Visited August 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Local - good food - will go back”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

LOGISTICS:: 55 at Apex Peakway
Heading south on Hwy 55, past the Beaver Creek shopping entrances, a smallish shopping center will be on the left. Turn left onto the Peakway and immediate left into the "lower" shopping area. JD's is right there. It's a sports bar, with TV's everywhere, but sound off. Tables and booths. Usually I don't pick those sport's restaurants for eating. But, my lunch partner suggested it.

FOOD:
I like the variety of food selections. We both had the special for the day -- a turkey Ruben.
First of all, the bread. It was great! It had to stand up to the wetness of the dressings and it did. I saw in other reviews that they get their bread from Neomonde and based on the texture and taste I would agree. It makes a difference.

You get your choice of a nice selection of sides and are not stuck with FFries. I had sweet potato TaterTots and they were excellent. Beer selections are okay -- not a big collection. Okay by me. I did try a sample before ordering one. Nice to be able to do that.

I'm heading back there again. My lunch partner said their burgers were good. I want to try one.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank wordmobile
North Carolina
“Homemade Onion Rings!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We have been here twice now, both times were great! They get their bread from Neomonde so it is really delicious. We have had the grilled wings (yummy), the reuben (the marbled rye bread was to die for), fish and chips (crispy and fresh tasting fish) and burger (the brioche roll was as good as the delicious burger. We have eaten inside and on the outside patio....both very nice! JD's is in a small strip center, but a restaurant well worth trying. Oh...and the sanitation grade was 97 ( a very important factor for me). We will frequent this place again often!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank bgood58

Been to JD's Tavern? Share your experiences!