“Great Neighborhood Original Italian”
Review of Mambo's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mambo's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This place is great. The waitress I had was as good a waitress as I have ever had. They have good specials and a broad menu. Everything is made fresh. I had a small salad, eggplant Parmesan (on their homemade bread), and a piece of coconut cake. The meal was normal price but the cake was as much as the meal. The pizza looked great. I would go here again and again if I lived in the area. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family of five went to Mambo's for a celebratory dinner. We like to try new places, and this was just the excuse we needed. Their choices for children are rather limited, but the waiter was very nice trying to make everything perfect for my girls. The bread was wonderful and a big hit with everyone. The chicken strips one daughter had were a breaded chicken breast cut into strips which was ingenious and delicious. The other two daughters shared the spaghetti and meatballs, and there was more than enough to share. My husband had the shrimp parmigana based on our waiter's recommendation and really enjoyed it. I ordered the chicken marsala and was slightly disappointed. The sauce just wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. I have seen chicken marsala made this way before, and this just isn't the way I like the dish. As we were walking out, I saw one of the pizzas at another table and told my husband we would have to have that next time. We will be back for sure and definitely bring company when they visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We discovered Mambo's in October of 2011. It our special treat to ourselves whenever we go back. The owners are a wonderful couple who work very hard to make their guests comfortable. My favorite way to order in a restaurant is to ask them to surprise me. And have they! Truly great food in a charming quiet small town atmosphere. No rushing you out the door. We took a house guest who is as well traveled as we are and he was equally impressed.