“Little disappointment on the food, but a great wine selection”

Daniel's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Apex
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Little disappointment on the food, but a great wine selection”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

went there to check Daniel's a landmark in Apex, as I have been fortunate to experience great and authentic Italian cuisine in Italy and elsewhere in the past. Had the Kale salad, the spinach raviolis and could no resist the tiramisu (the spirit of an Italian restaurant ;-) ). The biggest disappointment was the tiramisu, ok but without any character or fine taste. I have had sooo much better ones.. Kale salad was a good idea, but the chef put too much salt, and the raviolis were good but nothing to rave about... So food wise I would have given an average review, but the wine selection saved the day. Had a super Tuscan good price very nice wine, checked the wine list.quite impressive and even better at a reasonable price with specials and 20% off Wednesdays, I would say that would rank Daniel's quite high in the region for wine options !! so I rank very good. But the chef should really make this more truly Italian and then Daniel's would be 1st choice in Apex, while now I would say (based on that one meal) this is not the case.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Herve B

Raleigh
“Great patio dining !!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went to Daniels this weekend and I wanted to write a review about their fabulous patio . It looked inviting with very nice furniture , water fountain included although we ended up sitting inside because of an allergy .
We loved the marinara sauce you get with the bread and also got evoo . The food is fab, dining gets crowded and overall staff is friendly but can be hit or miss . The waitress we got was not very good as service at other tables around us . We felt neglected and short changed but eventually did get everything so I guess one can't complain .
Can't wait to dine on their patio next time with a glass vino !!

• Visited April 2014
“A little piece of Italy”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Recently renovated, almost always crowded, I prefer to do lunches here. It's a little less busy then and the food is always good. My wife routinely gets the mussels and says they're spectacular. Their homemade Italian bread with marinara dip is very good. Service at lunch tends to always be top notch. Not so always at night. Waits can be kind of long in the evening...that's why I prefer the lunch hour

Apex
“Great Food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a hidden gem. Great food and great service. The resturaurant staff were very accomodating and the server was extremely helpful and very pleasant. We will definitely visit again.

North Carolina
“As locals we enjoy this restaurant”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've been going to Daniel's several times a year, for many years now. I would recommend it to newcomers as well as out of town visitors. The food is consistently good and they have a great wine selection. While we haven't run into issues recently with hostess or wait staff, I can't say we haven't seen this happen before (here or other restaurants in our area). But Daniel's management usually picks up on this quickly and addresses with retraining or rehiring (hopefully they will listen to recent reviews). We really enjoy the pizza, pasta dishes, as well as several of the chicken dishes. As the weather improves, it seems each year this restaurant gets busier and waits on weekends typically run 30-45 minutes. But we find the wait worth it.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Daniel's Restaurant & Catering? Share your experiences!