“Relaxing, enjoyable and to boot- good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sparks Wings & Ribs - CLOSED

Sparks Wings & Ribs
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Relaxing, enjoyable and to boot- good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have taken my family several times to Sparks. The environment is family-friendly, relaxing and the food is top-notch. There is such a variety of options from the menu that suits not only me and my children but my picky husband too! I highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013

Ventura, CA
“Family fun and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Sparks is a family run restaurant and sports bar and the family feeling comes through in the food and the service. They have the best ribs and wings in town and I have had excellent service every time I have visited. Since I live in CA, coming to NC for good Southern cooking is a real treat. I eat at Sparks every time I come to NC. If I lived close, I would do happy hour and girls night out here as well. Come out and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and great Southern cooking. I wish I lived closer so I could try all the items on the menu

• Visited June 2013
Aylett, Virginia
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We go to Sparks every time we in in the area. We have never been disappointed with the food or the serivce.

Visited March 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Love The Fish Tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is one os the best kept secrets in Apex. They have great deals on beer (and always have one or two craft options.) And, their Fish Tacos are AH-MAZING! The sauce is awesome. They are always hot and fresh. The servers are friendly and atmosphere is casual. I love this place. It's good food and a good time.

• Visited August 2013
APEX
“Good solid bar food with Weeknight Specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Can't believe I haven't written a review of Sparks before now. Love this place - we tried it out a few years ago when the owner gave us a coupon when we were in line behind him at the bank in the same plaza and we have become regulars.

Tuesday wings special, Wednesday BBQ plate special (all you can eat but they give you plenty to start with - I always ask for an extra boiled potatoes at the start - love those things) and Thursday ribs special. All 3 are as good as it gets in this area, in my opinion. Classic buffalo are the only wings we've tried, but after hearing other reviews, I wonder if I should try the smoked or stick with the tried and true? Oh, and I've gotten the burgers there too and also enjoyed very much! The pig chips are worth it as well and they make a nice side salad.

I've always liked the servers, although I have been surprised that they don't seem to recognize us, as often as we are in there. And I would agree with other comments that their beer selection isn't large (one of my favorite things about Tyler's) but as long as they have Blue Moon and Yuengling, then I and my husband are happy.

• Visited January 2013