“Good East Coast Pizza in the South - Who'd A Thunk It”

J & S New York Pizza
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 May 2013

While visiting my parents in Apex, I occasionally get away for lunch. A place with good East Coast pizza is the New York Pizza restaurant in Apex. Lots of variety in the type and style of pizzas and additional Italian fare as well. The food is good, the restaurant clean, the service friendly and quick, a good combination for a satisfying lunch. And the price is fair.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I read all the positive reviews and thought I'd give this place a try. Let me admit I really don't know what NY pizza is supposed to be, but I picked up their pepperoni and it was the geasiest pizza I've ever had. It took multiple paper towels to absorb excess grease from just one slice. Also, the cheese was too thick and took too much work to chew. The crust was okay, but nothing special. I'm convinced about all of the "excellent" reviews here are from friends or family. If you're looking for decent pizza at a great price, I recommend Michaelangelos--where I usually go. Unbeleivable how greasy J&S pizza is.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stopped for an early dinner at the Fuquay Varina location. They have changed from paper plates to hard plastic, so you can use a knife and fork now! Okay!! So, the food was alright, but unremarkable. However, one thing bothered me: In the "kitchen" where the pizza ovens are and the food is prepared for serving, there were several people hanging about, checking their phones, leaning on the counter, obviously not part of the food prep or service. Maybe they were delivery persons or something, but having a crowd of people not dressed for the kitchen and probably not recently washed, leaning over the food as it is prepared for service in the kitchen just seems unsanitary and, frankly, a bit odd. Just a suggestion for the Manager: Keep the hangers-on out of the kitchen. It just looks bad, y'know?

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Read a couple other reviews, all good, and very accurate! Not much to look at, but if you're going for flavor & filling, we left very pleased that my son wants to revisit. Too bad we're from PA, otherwise this would be catapulted to our favorite pizza joint.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Okay, two things you should know before reading my review of this place - # I am an Italian girl from the Bronx, New York and #2 - my first meal was a pizza - okay so the second one isn't really true but I think I have eaten more pizza in my life than anything else and I have to say, I am so happy I found this place! We have been looking for a great pizza place in the area and tried many of the others which I won't mention here but let's just say they do put New York in their name and while they are pretty good, they are not better than J&S.

Even my husband who used to own his own pizzeria back home said this pizza was one of the best he had here and reminded him of our pizza in New York. I will say it was a tad bit on the salty side but I was able to overlook that. The crust was crunchy, crispy, just thick enough and the cheese and sauce were authentic and yummy. We ordered a large pie with our favorite toppings, sausage and mushroom. The mushrooms were fresh, NOT CANNED - Big + in my book and the sausage was sliced thin and had a great flavor. Let me tell you, they are so generous with the toppings here! Our pizza was absolutely loaded with toppings! We ordered from one of the other "New York" pizzerias and had to use a magnifying glass to find our toppings and they charged about the same amount of money.

As another reviewer noted, the place isn't much to look at but who cares??? If I want ambiance, I will go to a fancy Italian restaurant - not a pizzeria!

J&S, you found some new customers here!

5  Thank happy2review