“Good Grief this is good pizza....”

J & S New York Pizza
Ranked #18 of 132 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Grief this is good pizza....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Giant NY style pizza at its finest. I love NY pizza and had not found a place in Apex I really enjoyed until a friend told me about this place. It's not very noticeable, but definitely worth trying if you like NY pizza. I do not like chain pizza places like Dominos etc, so this is my go-to place in Apex.

Visited October 2013

Joliet, Illinois
“Good East Coast Pizza in the South - Who'd A Thunk It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

While visiting my parents in Apex, I occasionally get away for lunch. A place with good East Coast pizza is the New York Pizza restaurant in Apex. Lots of variety in the type and style of pizzas and additional Italian fare as well. The food is good, the restaurant clean, the service friendly and quick, a good combination for a satisfying lunch. And the price is fair.

• Visited April 2013
“This is some greasy pizza!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I read all the positive reviews and thought I'd give this place a try. Let me admit I really don't know what NY pizza is supposed to be, but I picked up their pepperoni and it was the geasiest pizza I've ever had. It took multiple paper towels to absorb excess grease from just one slice. Also, the cheese was too thick and took too much work to chew. The crust was okay, but nothing special. I'm convinced about all of the "excellent" reviews here are from friends or family. If you're looking for decent pizza at a great price, I recommend Michaelangelos--where I usually go. Unbeleivable how greasy J&S pizza is.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“For their Fuquay Varina location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stopped for an early dinner at the Fuquay Varina location. They have changed from paper plates to hard plastic, so you can use a knife and fork now! Okay!! So, the food was alright, but unremarkable. However, one thing bothered me: In the "kitchen" where the pizza ovens are and the food is prepared for serving, there were several people hanging about, checking their phones, leaning on the counter, obviously not part of the food prep or service. Maybe they were delivery persons or something, but having a crowd of people not dressed for the kitchen and probably not recently washed, leaning over the food as it is prepared for service in the kitchen just seems unsanitary and, frankly, a bit odd. Just a suggestion for the Manager: Keep the hangers-on out of the kitchen. It just looks bad, y'know?

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A slice of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Read a couple other reviews, all good, and very accurate! Not much to look at, but if you're going for flavor & filling, we left very pleased that my son wants to revisit. Too bad we're from PA, otherwise this would be catapulted to our favorite pizza joint.

Been to J & S New York Pizza? Share your experiences!