All reviewscookiesci sfront deskindoor poolwould stay againmyrtle beachfree breakfastwonderful staystaying at this hotelking bedrooms are cleanother hotelsnice hotelwaffle housean upgrademinute driveoff the highway
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for one night and had a pleasant experience. The room was very nicely appointed and though we were on the first floor, upon request, it was nice and quiet. Front desk personnel were kind and helpful. The pool and hot tub were a welcome sight after a long drive. All tolled, a good experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The good: Quick access to I-85. Excellent room rate. Clean and comfortable room. Fast wifi. Overall, the place looks like it had a recent facelift.

The not so good: Late night noise from the parking lot - although one might argue that this was not the hotel's fault, but that of some inconsiderate guests.

Overall - not spectacular, but clean, comfortable and functional. I liked it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As a native of High Point, I was unsure of where to stay as I usually stay with family. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel especially given that our rate was $79.99 a night. For example, it was the first time that we stayed in an Interstate corridor hotel that allowed pets- that didn't smell like them as soon as we walked through the door! There was fresh popcorn and cookies available when we arrived in the afternoon. The decor is modern and clean. With three kids in tow, the indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi was just what we needed for some down time. Luckily, the windows and doors open in the pool room for more ventilation because the chlorine smell was strong. The breakfast was just fine with lots of offerings: various cereals, oatmeal with different toppings, muffins, yogurt, make your own waffles and three hot items that changed from day to day. Our room was nice and clean. Yes, there are dings and scraps on door jams and at the bottom of doors. However, I didn't feel that these items took away from the overall appeal of the room. The beds were comfortable and the linens were of a good quality. The only reason I gave this property 4 stars is that our housekeeping service was very late on Sunday afternoon. Most of the weekend guests had gone and the place was virtually empty so I don't know why housekeeping arrived so late to clean our room at 3:30 pm. We had just arrived and had a child in the shower so I just exchanged towels and handed the garbage cans to the housekeeper at the front door. Overall, I thought this hotel was an excellent value and we will return again!

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was quiet and a quick walk to the indoor pool and hotel exit.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay there very much. The reception staff (Jo, Diane, Ashley) were all very, very nice and easy to work with. The breakfast was ok - nothing to write home about - but the dining area was clean and well taken care of, and the food was plentiful. It was lovely to have warm cookies and hot coffee and tea whenever we wanted it and having access to a computer and the internet in the lobby was terrific. The rooms were comfortable and I would definitely stay there again if I visit High Point.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

clean, well appointed room. everything works properly. free breakfast nice with low fat/high fiber options. heard from guests that those who stayed the weekend did not get the best food service because of high occupancy. king size bed was a bit hard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com