“Go for the breakfast, stay for the night.”

Hampton Inn High Point
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
South Carolina
“Go for the breakfast, stay for the night.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Hampton met our basic expectations of Hampton -- we stay in Hamptons more than other chains. Convenient, fairly quiet location off of I-85. Service was good: great, friendly staff. Our room was clean, quiet and well-appointed. had good water pressure, HVAC worked well; fridge was chilled when we arrived. Forgot our toothpaste and quickly got a travel tube from front desk. We were happy campers.

Come morning, however, we were ecstatic campers! The breakfast was more than expected. Not only was the variety wonderful, but the staff were constantly making sure everything was hot, clean, filled, and to our liking. It was well worth the few dollars difference we paid over the competition.

My one "needs improvement" would be bedding. The mattress didn't seem very "cushy" -- not stained or dirty or anything like that -- just seemed a little flat to me...like the support was wearing out. It didn't interfere with our sleep, but did take me a little longer than usual to get comfortable. Not sure whether more than one night on it would have made any difference.

Bottom line: we have stayed in Hampton-Archdale before and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn High Point, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear bwodom,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review; I'm happy we were able to live up to your usual Hampton experience and even exceed it by the morning! It's great to hear you found our service excellent and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, though I do apologize for any inconvenience regarding your bedding and our team will discuss your feedback. Otherwise, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for a conference in March 2014. I was given a room next to the elevator but was reassured it would be quiet. Right they were. I had a terrific 2 nights here. Clean, quiet & great breakfast & staff. Will stay here next year.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn High Point, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Rob F,

Thank you for your review and helping us stay #1 in Archdale! I'm happy you had a quiet, comfortable stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your comments and high ratings and we'll see you next year if not sooner!

Glenrock , PA, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff were very helpful and hotel was kept well, I had arrived very early in the morning and needed to check in early, when i got to the hotel i realized that i had booked a different location... very embarrassing!but the staff were very accommodating and not only found me a room i got to check in early, what a great experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn High Point, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Stephen Q,

We appreciate you leaving a review and are happy to hear our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs! Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you the next time you're in High Point.

Williamsburg, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Always an outstanding job by this national chain. We never have to wonder how the facilities, service, and employees are going to be. All areas are predictably excellent to outstanding at a fair price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Dale S,

Thanks so much for your review and 5-star ratings across the board! I'm delighted to hear you had an excellent stay and we lived up to your expectations for Hampton. Thank you again for your comments and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in the Triad area!

Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago during the High Point furniture market. Always stay at Hampton because you typically know what you will get. This property is an exception to that rule- it is a dive! I had stayed here before a couple of years ago but it has gone WAY downhill. Arrived on a Friday evening with a fellow female colleague to find that our reservation had been mixed up and we were assigned to a king room. And the entire property was sold out. And I had paid in full for this stay 30 days ago so had NO bargaining power or ability to leave. And I had bronchitis. After 2 painful hours during which the assistant manager came to the property (really, it is spring market week and all hands are not on deck at all times?) we were told there was nothing they could do, but offer us a rollaway in a King handicap room which "had more space". The rollaway smelled like a toilet and had a huge dip in the middle making it impossible for an adult to sleep on it. My friend and I made a fort of pillows and suffered the night with me hacking and coughing and neither of us getting a wink of sleep. And did I mention neither the shower nor the A/C worked? And the carpets both in the rooms and corridors were filthy? To make matters worse every morning they gave us hope that they could move us to a double room- so we packed up our belongings and moved them into the car every morning. That night (after I had visited an Urgent Care) they offered us a double SMOKING room. We actually went to check it out- yikes- a wall of smoke hit us the second we opened the door- and I had BRONCHITIS! Back to the King handicap room....! Finally on the last night of our stay we were given a double non smoking room- and they comped one night of the stay (after much complaining) which really was unsatisfactory in every way but I was too worn out to complain at that point. This "stay" really hampered our productivity at Market and I will never go to Market again if I have to stay here. Did discover a great urgent care: Doctors Express 336-884-4050

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn High Point, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear SuzyW183,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. We're very sorry to hear we didn't live up to your typical Hampton experience, as well as for the mix-up in your reservation and that our accommodations didn't meet your expectations. Our team will discuss your feedback promptly in order to avoid making similar mistakes in the future. In the meantime, please give me a call at the number below if you would like to discuss further. Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My teenage son and I stayed here last week for one night, prior to a Juniors Day at High Point University. It was right off 85. The beds were clean, the bathroom was well appointed, and the breakfast had a nice assortment of cereals and bagels, and also had some warm scrambled eggs and bacon. (The only negative note is that the "orange juice" was a watery, orange colored kids drink which definitely WAS NOT orange juice!) The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, but she was the only person there on a Thursday night. We had a discounted rate, because I asked if they had a lower rate for HPU, which they did. That is why, for the money, I rated this hotel as a Very Good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn High Point, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Lydia V,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn and are happy to hear you felt you received good value for your money! I'm also glad you found your guest room clean and comfortable, but do apologize for any inconvenience regarding the juice at our complimentary breakfast and our team will discuss your feedback. Otherwise, thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel offers a great location while providing great service. We visit High Point University several times each year and always choose to stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff is always pleasant and the guest rooms clean. It doesn't hurt to be able to walk across the street to Biscuitville!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brian S,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and taking the time to leave a review! I'm delighted to read you always have a great stay and find our service excellent. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you visit HPU! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
#4 of 14 in High Point
Hampton Inn Asheboro
Hampton Inn Asheboro
#1 of 6 in Asheboro

Been to Hampton Inn High Point? Share your experiences!