“Good sleep, courteous desk”

Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arriving late in the evening, I expected slightly less than average reception at the counter. To my delight, Tina was very pleasant and got us checked in quickly and happily. When we got to the room, it was neat, spacious and orderly. There was a sufficient number of towels and everything worked properly. The beds weren't the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but I did not wake up sore in the morning. If Marriott is your chain of choice and you are on a bit of a budget, Fairfield Inn is a good choice, in my opinion. This particular location was convenient to the interstate and gas stations. Since the purpose of our stay was in Greensboro, we didn't explore the immediate area so I cannot comment on any other conveniences nearby. I would certainly stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My rating is based on the price paid and realizing this is a Fairfield the lowest hotel in the Marriott chain. Very good customer service. As a platinum member upgraded to a suite which had 2 tv's. Nicer room than the $400 LaConcha Marriott in San Jaun. Breakfast was hot and very adequate and free. Gym only had 2 machines but they worked as the tv on the machines. Lobby was clean so for a Fairfield I give the hotel 5 stars.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tim P, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time and posting your review. It's very rewarding to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in our Hot Breakfast Buffet, our value for stay and that we were able to upgrade your room to one of our beautiful suites during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My sis and I came for A&T University Homecoming. A little ways out from Greensboro, but the drive was not bad. With late nights coming in from activities night staff was always gracious to make coffee. One day it rained and front desk gave us an umbrella. We were always greeted with a smile and friendly chat whenever we came or went. Breakfast attendants were wonderful, always had a smile for you. Manager was just as friendly and accommodating as his staff. Hats off to Ken and his staff for making our 4 day stay and my 56 birthday memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As others have said, this is a no-frills Fairfield Inn/Marriott property but it did look pretty newly renovated.

The lobby and breakfast area were newly remodeled and a bit on the small side. The breakfast buffet in the morning was OK--the basics--but I felt the eggs needed more flavor, fairly tasteless. It would also be better without styrofoam plates and plastic forks, etc.

On my arrival the staff was very, very friendly. I liked that.

My room was a bit on the small side but more than serviceable for a one night visit to High Point.

The AC unit was very loud and I ended up turning it off. The bathroom fan was really, really loud too.

Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Recently remodeled. My room was ALL new: carpeting, wall coverings, furniture, etc. Bathroom too, completely redone, not just paint and caulk. New tub, wall coverings, floor, even new exhaust fan. Very professional renovation. Room was spotless, not a mark, scratch or stain anywhere. Third floor was the same, new and spotless. Outside has been redone (picture of site on here is old), even parking lot re-sealed and restriped. Good breakfast offering for the class of hotel. Cut fresh fruit in the offering. Pleasant breakfast area attendant, actually pleasant staff all areas.

Room Tip: Third floor is great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My colleagues and I were in town on business. The company that we were visiting put us up here. The location is pretty good if you are visiting High Point U or the furniture mart in High Point. It is a decent enough place. I am 6' 9". I believe this is the only hotel I've ever stayed at where I didn't have to duck to use the shower :). Another plus was the huge amount of counter surface in the bathroom. The breakfast was included in the room rate I believe. It was a pretty good selection of breads, bagels, cereals, yogurts and fruits and a waffle maker. The seating area was fairly small. But if the weather is decent you can sit out back on the patio. The one negative of my experience is that I left a stainless steel travel mug in my room when I checked out. I realized this before we left for home. On our way back out of town I stopped back and went to my room (approx 3 hours after checking out). The door was open and the room had been cleaned. The housekeeping cart was nearby. I didn't see my mug either in the room or on the cart and there was no housekeeping staff nearby so I gave up. I called about it the next day. The person checked lost and found and didn't find it. I was told they would check around and call me back. I didn't get a call. I called again a couple days later. Again they looked in lost and found, and didn't see it. Again I was told someone would call me back. Again no one ever did. I hope someone on the staff there is enjoying my stainless steel travel mug. The disappointing thing is this was the first time I had ever used this particular mug. It was a gift from a vendor so it had sentimental value. Overall despite the great shower and the wonderful bathroom I could never stay here again because of this incident. There are a post office and a gas station/c-store right out in front of the hotel if you need these services.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, which I am not, you might want to ask for a room on the back side of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before without incident. This time I did 't even think to ask for the top floor, other things on my mind. Could hear every step from above, and that was with TV and AC on. Also, could hear everything from adjoining rooms. I guess the lesson is, cheaper brands translate to cheaper buildings.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem), NC
Courtyard High Point
Courtyard High Point
#4 of 14 in High Point
SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale? Share your experiences!