“Great Value!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have to say that I love a nice Holiday Inn Express. They are nothing spectacular but for some reason I always get excited and look forward to my stay. This one was no different. On the outside, the building is beautiful and property nicely landscaped. Inside, the customer service was excellent, lobby nicely decorated and rooms were very nice. As usual, they had a big, hot breakfast, which is the best benefit to me. For those with children, you know that going out to eat can get expensive out of town but Holiday inn Express helps me with that need. The breakfast consisted of eggs, gravy, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, toast, cereal, bagels and coffee along with the regular juices. They also serve free drinks and pizza at different parts of the day.

As with any hotel, it is not perfect and does have small things on which they can improve upon. The only downside inside was a strong smoke smell on the third floor, which almost took your breath away the first time the elevator opened. To their credit, the hotel did later install some fans throughout the hallway, which dramatically made it smell fresher. On the outside, there is plenty of parking but not a lot directly around the building. Unless you get lucky, you will have to park and walk down the driveway. Lastly, I have to say that the entrance to this hotel is very odd and you have to look for it very closely. The main entrance requires you to turn at a stop light onto a side road, travel behind a Hampton inn, turn right on another small road and then turn right again into the back of the parking lot. I found this odd, seeing that the hotel is right off of a major highway. This is not a huge deal but you just have to pay attention. As a tip, you can drive directly through the Hampton inn parking lot and get to the hotel quicker. These are all just small imperfections and in no way should stop you from staying here.

Overall this is a great hotel, great staff and good food for the $$. If I’m ever back in this area, I am staying here!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 March 2011

The property is on the new side. Clean and quiet. Internet working so-so but they have both LAN and WAN. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and comfortable but no LCD TV only tube. Convenient to Route 85, right near exit. I would stay here again as they offer great value too!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My family had been traveling all day and decided to call it a night. Came across this Holiday Inn Express in Archdale, NC. Needed a room with two queen beds and they had only one room. The clerk said the room had a slight odor from some bathroom during the day and let me check it out first. She even dropped the room rate considerably because of it. It wasn't bad and easily remedied by steaming up the bathroom. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was SUPER clean...had the whitest tub I have ever seen in a hotel room. The breakfast buffet was just as great. There isn't much selection when it comes to fast food and restaurants close by, but it is a great place to stop.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank klmcgill
Reviewed 7 March 2010

The front desk clerk said it all, "This is Archdale". The 3 best are the HI Exp., Hampton, and Fairfield. The HI is the only one with queen beds - although standard, low-end hotel mattresses. Only one computer with problems: First, it is directly in front of front desk, so you feel like there is no privacy. Second, it was ALWAYS being used and NOT by guests, even into the wee hours by an employee's boyfriend, and the next day by a hotel maint. worker. Breakfast was better than most, with a few hot items. Hotel is clean and well appointed for the grade of hotel that it is. It is not over-priced (for what you get) if you get in on a coupon for $59-69 - a fair rate for this hotel. We paid $104 (AAA rate) for a queen suite, which wasn't worth the extra - it was only about 3-4 ft. longer than a reg. room, with a small sofa-bed rather than the usual chair, and NO wider ....hardly a suite. Don't bother trying to find a clean or decent restaurant around here. We spent an hr. last yr. cruising & checking out restaurants - ended up getting KFC to-go and bringing it back to room (dirtiest KFC ever). This yr. we checked out a few more and ended up with subway to-go. The local Chinese buffet had only about 5 items, and it was 100% chicken ...no shrimp or fish, or even pork or imitation crab ...zip. We walked out. The economy in High Point is very depressed even in normal times, so don't expect much. If you must stay in the area, the HI Express is about the best you'll find, so stay & be happy. Hilton & Marriotte know enough to avoid this area (except for their lower-end Fairfield). For food, you really have to go well into High Point (near the mall - about 10+ miles), do fast food, or suffer the local dives and hope you don't get sick.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2010

We have NEVER stayed at a chain hotel where the services was this excellent! Everyone took pride in their responsibilities and was incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good and the dining area was spotless! Rooms were very clean. From the 1st phone call to check out - we experienced nothing but superior customer service. Rooms were comfortable, hallways immaculant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and next time we go back, we will stay here again. Truly a pleasurable 3 night stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We were very pleased with our accommodations. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast buffet offered a good variety of hot and cold dishes. The outdoor pool and surrounding area were clean and uncrowded. Our only complaint is that the fitness center was not on-site.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Personally, I found this to be a nice hotel. The location is easily accessible. I checked in without an problems. I was booked for two nights, one paid and one a free night paid for with Priority Club points. The desk clerk made certain that my travel partner and I would not have to change rooms since the reservations had been made separately because of this. We were offered the usual Priority Club perks -- extended checkout, bottled water, newspaper. Very nice.

The room was a first floor room. It was neat and clean. The A/C was on the noisy side, but it kept the room nice and cool. The shower was great with adequate hot water. Plenty of channels to choose from on the television.

Breakfast was provided, and I thought it was nice. Of course, it is not a five star restaurant, but I had plenty of choice. From cereal to muffins to a cheese omelet. Everything was hot and fresh. The staff member serving breakfast was quite accommodating and helped me while I was getting some breakfast to take back to my room.

The only downside is the town. There is NOTHING here from what I could find. (It was my first trip.... so I may have missed it.) However, the only places I could find to eat were fast food. I wish this hotel had served dinner.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Hampton Inn High Point
#4 of 14 in High Point
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#12 of 14 in High Point

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South? Share your experiences!