I have to say that I love a nice Holiday Inn Express. They are nothing spectacular but for some reason I always get excited and look forward to my stay. This one was no different. On the outside, the building is beautiful and property nicely landscaped. Inside, the customer service was excellent, lobby nicely decorated and rooms were very nice. As usual, they had a big, hot breakfast, which is the best benefit to me. For those with children, you know that going out to eat can get expensive out of town but Holiday inn Express helps me with that need. The breakfast consisted of eggs, gravy, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, toast, cereal, bagels and coffee along with the regular juices. They also serve free drinks and pizza at different parts of the day.
As with any hotel, it is not perfect and does have small things on which they can improve upon. The only downside inside was a strong smoke smell on the third floor, which almost took your breath away the first time the elevator opened. To their credit, the hotel did later install some fans throughout the hallway, which dramatically made it smell fresher. On the outside, there is plenty of parking but not a lot directly around the building. Unless you get lucky, you will have to park and walk down the driveway. Lastly, I have to say that the entrance to this hotel is very odd and you have to look for it very closely. The main entrance requires you to turn at a stop light onto a side road, travel behind a Hampton inn, turn right on another small road and then turn right again into the back of the parking lot. I found this odd, seeing that the hotel is right off of a major highway. This is not a huge deal but you just have to pay attention. As a tip, you can drive directly through the Hampton inn parking lot and get to the hotel quicker. These are all just small imperfections and in no way should stop you from staying here.
Overall this is a great hotel, great staff and good food for the $$. If I’m ever back in this area, I am staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites High Point South is conveniently located on I-85. Located 80 miles north of Charlotte, and 18 miles from Piedmont Triad International Airport, the hotel provides local access to many interests. The International Home Furnishings Market and High Point Furniture Outlet shops are four miles away, Emerald Point Water Park -10 miles, Zoo Asheboro- 25 miles and Charlotte Motor Speedway- 70 miles. We offer free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, free local calls and many on-site business and personal amenities. Our hotel staff speaks both English and Spanish and are on hand for 24 hour faxing and copying needs. Forgot something? Ask our friendly front desk staff for complimentary toiletries. We pride ourselves on clean and convenient service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites High Point South
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South Hotel Archdale
- Holiday Inn Archdale
- Archdale Holiday Inn