All reviews warm cinnamon rolls hi express stayed here chose this hotel based myrtle beach comfy bed staff was friendly common areas night's sleep front desk staff great place to stay stay there again nice stay business trip hie highway lobby
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We loved staying here. It's clean! Beds are super comfy. Have stayed here 2 times and had a good experience both times. Front desk staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was VERY good. Usual items but presented beautifully and the hot stuff was hot and the cold stuff was good and cold. Very nice. Breakfast cleanliness rating....100!!!! We travel a lot and I think I've only seen that one other time (other than here.) Sarah keeps the breakfast area spotless! She is a TREASURE!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are the best if you need a quiet place.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
E C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you had another wonderful stay due to our comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast, and amazing staff. We appreciate your kind words, and we will be sure to share your comments with Sarah. We look forward to all your future stays with us!
Regards,
Rebecca Ramey

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was in a good location the issues with the room was the AC made noice all night and even after asking to have it fixed it still made noise. The bed needs to be replaced. The staff was very nice and breakfast was great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We apologize for the noisy AC and the bed in your room. We regret that we were unable to repair the issue. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to remedy your experience. We hope to see you again for an improved stay.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for business and the staff was super friendly. The Continental breakfast covered all the basics. The room was clean and I was satisfied with my visit. They had cookies in the afternoon and they were freshly baked. The entire lobby smelled like fresh baked cookies. I would stay there again given the opportunity.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for the great review of our friendly staff, breakfast, and clean rooms. We will have more cookies ready for you during your next stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Hotel is very clean & looked like the rooms were recently updated. That’s the good part... The customer service is horrific. When we checked in there was no one at the front desk. I waited a few minutes, then an employee sauntered out of the back room. He just looked at me. He didnt say anything. I said I was checking in & he just sighed. I tried joking around with him by saying “Oh you are working the desk by yourself?” He sighed and said “Don’t get me started” and handed me my room key. Lovely first impression. It gets worse. On our second day there, we were gone all day and returned to our room at 4:15pm only to find that our room hadn’t been cleaned yet. I called down to the front desk. She didnt apologize, she just asked if I had left the “do not disturb” sign out. I said “no.” She vey accusingly said “Well, if I ask housekeeping & they tell me that the sign was out, there’s nothing I can do.” I was dumbfounded. She basically said “If I catch you lying...” Ten min later she and the housekeeping people showed up at my door. They were very defensive and said they were very busy and just didnt get to it yet. No apology. I asked if we could have 30 min to freshen up then we will vacate the room for her to clean. Again, I received a sigh and she was not happy to wait, even though she still had more rooms to do. She finally did wait, but when we left the room I was not comfortable nor did I feel as if I trusted the staff. It was as if we were a huge bother and even though we waited all day for her to clean, now she was inconvenienced by us asking for 30 minutes. The only good thing about this hotel was the updated room & the hot breakfast. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We deeply apologize for the customer service you received. We will use your feedback as a teaching moment to help us improve. Please reach out to our management team. We want to show you the hospitality you deserve and remedy your experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We stayed at the HIE on the way down to Myrtle Beach. After 8 hour drive, we were happy to arrive and feel the cool air of the front lobby. The young woman who checked us in was very pleasant and efficient.

Our room was very clean and very comfortable. Very nice. We took showers and went out for dinner. Upon our return, we hung out in the lobby with family who were travelling with us.

Breakfast was pretty good, better than most. Would definitely stay again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for the five star review of our hotel! We are glad that you had a comfortable, friendly and enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you your family at breakfast again soon.