“There is a reason why they are ranked as one of the best in the country.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kersey Valley Spooky Woods

Kersey Valley Spooky Woods
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Archdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Greensboro
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is a reason why they are ranked as one of the best in the country.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I went with some friends from work the Thursday before Halloween and it was a perfect night. There was a slight chill in the air and the lines were not bad at all as they would be on a weekend night. We had the VIP passes and waited only about 10 minutes with those passes...highly recommend getting these passes especially for the weekend. I was greatly impressed with their midway "stores" and the very professional restroom / concession area. You don't see anything of this magnitude at a haunt. Once we entered the farmhouse the scares began. The sets and actors were very spot on in here. Next was the tram ride that would take us to the actual Spookywoods section. My friends were having a blast on the tram as the creatures were climbing on board to get them. We stopped near some woods and were told to get off to experience the lights out. Here we were told to go through the woods without any light what so ever. I admit that the guests seemed to scare each other more than the actors here. Well back on the tram we headed to the cornfield. Dense fog made it eerie through here especially when you heard the wind blow through the corn. Finally we entered the spookywoods and I admit the sets were Hollywood quality. Highly detailed and the trail actually seemed longer than previous years. There were a few tight spots for people who hate feeling claustrophobic. Can't wait to go again and I know my group had a blast the whole night.

1 Thank Phantomz
twohlgemuth, Owner at Kersey Valley Spooky Woods, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
We look forward to seeing you back here this fall. Thanks for the review!

everywhere
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our first time visiting Spooky Woods, we went through on the last day of the season in a VIP bundle with Kersey Valley's night time Zipline. The VIP ticket was perfect, as we probably would have be stuck waiting in line for about 20-30 minutes instead of just 5, to go on our tour. Once we were able to ditch the middle-school tweenage girls (you can mix up the group of people you are with within the first few minutes of the tour) who were clinging to me and my husband (total strangers to them), we were able to focus on how well put together this place was.

The costumes and sets are impeccable, the actors clearly enjoyed their jobs, and did incredibly well. Not SCARY, but that is mostly based on my perspective (they can't touch me, and won't hurt or kill me).

Do NOT do this if you are epileptic, or have serious medical issues with coordination and balance, as there are strobes in some places, and moving scenes, that can throw coordinated people off balance (but not enough that they can't catch themselves!).

Visited November 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Always worth visiting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was my third year visiting Spooky Woods and I absolutely recommend it to anyone. They change things around every year so no year is exactly the same. They got me a few times this year, which is to their credit because I am a devout horror movie fan and am very difficult to scare. I will definitely be going again and again.

VIP tickets are a must - if you can stop by the Greensboro or Winston-Salem Costco locations beforehand they sell the VIP passes at a really good discount. I'd recommend buying tickets there instead of at the gate.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Drove 3 hours for this and have no regrets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very well put together haunted attraction. I recommend VIP passes cause the lines are intense. Ending felt a bit rushed to me but overall, we loved it. Worth the trip and the money.

1 Thank Amanda S
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Premier Haunted House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We attended the opening evening for the season on Friday September 13th. I am not a huge fan of haunted houses, but my husband loves them. They have made many renovations over the years and each year it gets better and better. A fun and entertaining attraction.

Visited September 2013