“Homey breakfast”

Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Arden
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: We are a small independent restaurant, bakery and tea room located in Arden, NC. We serve all-day breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a wide variety of homemade baked goods. We welcome custom cake and cupcake orders, and also have a nice private room for events or meetings. We have a large dog-friendly patio as well. On Saturdays, we hold proper Afternoon Tea service. We make everything in house, from scratch, with as much locally-sourced ingredients as possible.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

In a lovely old house. A little hard to notice because no sign by the road. Opened promptly at 9AM which seemed a late start for breakfast business. Menu on a chalk board at the counter (which displayed a delicious-looking array of baked goods.) I had a 3-egg omelette with sausage and cheddar - delicious but small for 3 eggs. Spouse had french toast which was good bread but did not absorb egg batter sufficiently, so was dry. Scone was heavenly. Coffee was plentiful and tasty but not very hot. Prices were very fair, about 7 or 8 dollars per meal.

Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We do have a metal sign (made by a local metal artist) and three 7 foot tall yellow flags by the road in our front yard -- look out for those next time, maybe they will help to find the turn. We know we're a bit tucked away, so we're glad you found us! We used to open at 7am, and quickly found that the demand for an earlier start was simply not there. We are thinking to start opening a little earlier, at 8am, but have yet to make the change official. The first year of business is all about figuring out what works!
I'm sorry your spouse wasn't a fan of the French Toast -- our homemade brioche is definitely dense, but we like that it prevents a soggy French Toast. I'm sorry yours was dry, that's certainly not normal or our standard. I'll look into it personally that our bread stays fresh and nicely buttery.
Thank you again for the feedback, it is much appreciated and keeps us striving to constantly be improving. We hope you come back to visit us soon, we'll be adding new menu items this upcoming week for the fall/winter season. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I came for lunch with 5 friends to this very sweet old stone house with a patio area. We ordered at the counter where there is a big board showing their menu and the daily specials. I was glad that I had looked at their menu online, because, with our group plus a few people behind us, it was getting quite cramped in the small ordering area where people were looking at the menu board. My lunch....I chose The Franklin sandwich which came with a bowl of soup, was delicious. We were in a room to ourselves with a fire going in the fireplace. Definitely worth a visit to this charming restaurant.

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. Come back and visit us soon -- we'll be adding new menu items in the next week or two for the fall/winter season.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled on this place while on vacation in Asheville and it's a hidden gem. If you're fortunate enough to be in the area on a Saturday afternoon, be sure to reserve a spot for afternoon tea. Along with your pick of super high quality tea or coffee, you also get a variety of great snacks/sandwiches. It's a great experience, such that my wife and I will be going here every time we are in Asheville.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Loved the atmosphere - cozy but room for groups. Lunch was tasty- lots of choices, incl soup and sandwiches. Also got cupcakes for a baby shower - delicious. Easy to work with

Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Carol! We appreciate you stopping by -- hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with equally lovely owner. My husband and I enjoyed the chessy-grit, bacon, egg skillet with fresh, homemade bread, butter and strawberry compote. Ivory Road is a nice oasis, quaint house with cozy outdoor seating area as well as picnic tables, hammock and hammock chair. We are new to the area and envision many relaxing dining experiences at the Ivory Road!

1  Thank Judy S
Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Judy, Thank you so much for leaving us such a kind review. We are so glad you found us! Hope to see you again soon!