Bent Creek Lodge
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport(Arden)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$76
ClarionHotels
US$73
EconoLodge
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport(Fletcher)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$95
US$245
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe blue ridge parkwaywater roomwildflower roomback porchnc arboretumwatching the birdsbird roomcommon roombed and breakfastowners and staffwalking trailshomemade granolathe french broad riverevery morningwatch tvbreakfast was deliciousother guests
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had a wonderful time. The lodge and the surrounding grounds/garden were in immaculate condition. Enjoyed the breakfast and the snacks. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights at The Bent Creek Lodge for a "cousin reunion". Our group age range was 50 - 63, and we came from all over the country: Arizona, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New Jersey. Half of our group stayed next door at the Luhn house, and half of us stayed in rooms at the Bent Creek Lodge. It was a perfect arrangement for our reunion. My husband and I stayed in the Wildflower room, and it met all of my requirements for perfection: soooo quiet, excellent bed, good-sized bathroom with room to put things, and quality linens and furnishings. The common rooms in the Lodge are beautiful and comfortable. They include a pool table, a tv, and complimentary water, tea and sodas all day (coffee all morning and homemade cookies every afternoon). Breakfast was a gourmet treat, served every morning between 8:30 and 9:00. Our group broke up into smaller groups during the day and enjoyed hiking on local trails, "urban hiking" in nearby Asheville and Brevard, and just hanging out, playing some pool and visiting! I kick myself for not getting the the NC Arboretum, which is only a mile away ... but we'll do that on a return visit! :) The terraced gardens in the "backyard" of the Lodge were actually a "mini-arboretum'! If you need tv's in your room and nightlife nearby, go somewhere else. The innkeepers, Doug and Jodee, have created a real gem here, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank travelingcath
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We loved this bed and breakfast! The rooms were extremely nice and baths beautiful. The beds were unbelievably comfortable. Breakfast was awesome and the back decks were great for relaxing. Wish we could have spent longer here!

It is in a great location. Tucked away from everything and yet just close enough. We had an awesome time.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wishfulthinknsam
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husband and I have been to Asheville about 5-6 times together, and this time we decided not to stay in a hotel or rental house (since our trip was so short, just 2 nights). I contacted Bent Creek Lodge, having read the reviews on Trip Advisor and visited the website. I spoke with Jodee, the lodge owner. One of my most important questions was whether they had internet access(wi-fi) b/c my husband and I would both need to do work while away from home. I was assured that they did, but once there, it was spotty at best. I ended up spending more of my vacation working-- not on my job, but trying to access the Internet for my job. When I got cut off for the 10th time in an afternoon, my husband went to ask the owners to reset the router (again), and was informed by Jodee that only the male owner, Doug, knew how to do that and he was off the property for an indefinite amount of time. No help. Gee, thanks, it's only my job.

The lodge itself is lovely, breakfast delicious, and views are very nice. Bed super comfortable. Cool hiking paths and pool table. But I felt very cheated since we had specifically asked about Internet access and I had only 3- 4 hours of work to do, but since the connection was constantly lost, it took much longer. Drive into town to find wi-fi coffee spot.

Bottom line: If you're not expecting to access Internet and are purely on vacation, go for it. I am not recommending this lodge b/c I don't know anyone who doesn't rely on Internet for work/pleasure/etc.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Godlight
Reviewed 24 June 2010

My husband and I happened upon BCL in 2005 and have gone back every year since. We recently stayed for 11 days -- which meant, 11 incredible breakfasts (never a repeat!). You feel like you're out at a mountain retreat, but you're just a few minutes from everything. This is a solid 5-star B&B.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple