“Lovely home in a rustic mountain setting .”
Review of Bent Creek Lodge

Bent Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Arden B&B and Inns
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Lovely home in a rustic mountain setting .”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Enjoyed our fall weekend at the Lodge. Stayed in the Wild Flower Room and loved the comfort and feel of the room. We had plenty of privacy during our stay at the Lodge being full of guests. We had time alone on the porches and took walks around the property with the dogs leading the way. It truly felt peaceful and relaxing. Jodiee and Doug were very helpful and ready to meet our needs.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We stayed two nights during the fall foliage season, and it was all that we could have imagined. The lodge owners were extremely accommodating to our varied dining requirements (one vegan, one vegetarian and one dairy free). The breakfasts were extraordinarily good! The bed linens were great, and added to the very restful sleep. I would return again, again and again! Asheville has a fabulous vegan restaurant--Laughing Seed. I am not vegan, but the food was scrumptious!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 12 October 2010

It was a beautiful place to get away. The Bent Creek Lodge had all of the amenities of a bed and breakfast without feeling claustrophobic. They are friendly, gave great recommendations and wonderful food. We also liked that everyone had there own table for breakfast and the rooms were on multiple levels of the lodge. The back deck was perfect place to relax.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I booked three nights at Bent Creek Lodge for my 4th anniversary. I struggled to find the "perfect" place because my husband and I never have time alone. I really wanted the weekend to be perfect, so when I found BCL on the internet, I knew this was the place for us. Being that my husband is a big outdoorsman, the atmosphere was perfect for him. The lodge is off the beaten path, with quiet, pristine views. My husband fell in love with it the minute we drove up the drive. And me, being from the mountains of West Virginia, the road to the house felt more like being in WV than in western NC. The food was exquisite and the company was wonderful. The hosts, Doug and Jodee, answered every question we had about the area. We were so relaxed that we waited until the last possible moment to check out. Wildlife was also abundant as my husband spotted a black bear and a nice size doe within the three days. We will definitely plan on staying at Bent Creek Lodge again in the near future. It was absolutely PERFECT!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Just returned from our visit visit to the Asheville area and a 2 night stay at this wonderful B+B. It was peaceful, relaxing, and down-right charming. We appreciated the attention to detail from the decor (Lodge and rooms), breakfast menus, and area recommendations and directions. One could not have asked for more - truly. Hope to return again in the not too distant future.

1 Thank KittyC1
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had a wonderful time. The lodge and the surrounding grounds/garden were in immaculate condition. Enjoyed the breakfast and the snacks. I highly recommend this B&B!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights at The Bent Creek Lodge for a "cousin reunion". Our group age range was 50 - 63, and we came from all over the country: Arizona, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New Jersey. Half of our group stayed next door at the Luhn house, and half of us stayed in rooms at the Bent Creek Lodge. It was a perfect arrangement for our reunion. My husband and I stayed in the Wildflower room, and it met all of my requirements for perfection: soooo quiet, excellent bed, good-sized bathroom with room to put things, and quality linens and furnishings. The common rooms in the Lodge are beautiful and comfortable. They include a pool table, a tv, and complimentary water, tea and sodas all day (coffee all morning and homemade cookies every afternoon). Breakfast was a gourmet treat, served every morning between 8:30 and 9:00. Our group broke up into smaller groups during the day and enjoyed hiking on local trails, "urban hiking" in nearby Asheville and Brevard, and just hanging out, playing some pool and visiting! I kick myself for not getting the the NC Arboretum, which is only a mile away ... but we'll do that on a return visit! :) The terraced gardens in the "backyard" of the Lodge were actually a "mini-arboretum'! If you need tv's in your room and nightlife nearby, go somewhere else. The innkeepers, Doug and Jodee, have created a real gem here, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank travelingcath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
The Residences at Biltmore
The Residences at Biltmore
#21 of 65 in Asheville
Brookstone Lodge
Brookstone Lodge
#35 of 65 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#11 of 65 in Asheville
North Lodge on Oakland
North Lodge on Oakland
#19 of 39 in Asheville

Been to Bent Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!